1624 users online (292 members and 1332 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    donjeta I am working on one of your posts and trying to arrange the pictures so they don;t blow the margins. It'll be back out as soon as I am finished.

ETA: ok I had to rehost and stack some of your pistures so they wouldn't blow the margins. This is for post #7. If you want them to be side by side, we have to resize and repost. Otherwise they are ok now. Please let me know if you want them side by side and I can help you to do that.
    Last edited by JBean; 12-18-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    donjeta I am working on one of your posts and trying to arrange the pictures so they don;t blow the margins. It'll be back out as soon as I am finished.

ETA: ok I had to rehost and stack some of your pistures so they wouldn't blow the margins. This is for post #7. If you want them to be side by side, we have to resize and repost. Otherwise they are ok now. Please let me know if you want them side by side and I can help you to do that.
    OK, thanks. Sorry, my margins weren't blown and I didn't know there was a problem. It's okay the way it is.

This link: [ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40732546#40732547"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame] says 118 has been identified. I didn't catch the name.

Salem

ETA: Link to pics with 118: http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/girls24.jpg
    Last edited by Salem; 12-19-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    It looks like 57 and 56 were photographed together:

And the child in 48 and the woman with sunglasses in 49 have been cut out of the same photo:

Identifiable tattoos:

Her nametag says Ms. D. Johnson N.A. Oughta be a clue if it's her name...

The caption says Deborah D Cleveland Sept 18 2001 BKA Chocolate.

When I squint it looks like the carrot says "Maxine", what do you think?

Does this look like a mugshot to anybody else?

In the pdf file, if you put the mouse over the photo you can see the image name and the others are DSCF something or P1010 something but this one photo is marshall(061).tif.
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...per-photos.pdf
    The one with the Chili pepper nametag could possibly have worked at a Chili's restaraunt, I think! Does anyone else recognize those nametags?

It appears others noticed the Chili's nametag, and it is NOT a Chili's logo? I was unable to distinguish whether you guys had already figured that out, but Gosh, it sure looks right to me!

I can't make the picture show up.. but when I googled the Chili's logo, it looked exactly like that young girl's nametag.

Has Chili's ever changed their logo? Some companies make minor adjustments from time to time and if it's an old photo it could be an older version.

Larry Harnisch says its a Taco Bell uniform and nametag.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thed...97-maxine.html

And, I used google to find taco bell uniform images, and did find one photo of some guy in a Taco Bell uniform that looked like the one Maxine is wearing.
    Last edited by i.b.nora; 12-19-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: correct name and add stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post

This one reminds me of Na Onka on this season's Survivor Nicaragua.
    I have been looking for pictures of her with her mouth closed, and have yet to find one.

#119 has been identified as Janecia Peters, one of GS's known victims. The article further explains that her family hadn't been able to make it to the initial preview of the photos but they have since ID'd her.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/2...toisidentified
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
    I just noticed two of the questionably deceased pictures are of the same woman so I think it is safe to say she has passed. In the CBS link it is #146 and . She looks a little different in # and I think it is because more time has passed. Her face seems more sunken.

Sorry I can't find the other one right now, it is earlier in the string and I have to leave the house soon. I'll try to find it later. I was able to tell because of her pink/red hair.

ETA:

LAtimes link - #s 87 and 36. Do you think 23 is her also?

ET2:

115 might be her alive.

ETA3 (sorry):

I am pretty sure it is her. They have the same earrings on and the nose matches. It appears to be later than the "live" picture as her hair has grown out some and she is wearing a different shirt (has a denim looking collar in the deceased photos and a much different shirt in the live photo). Poor woman.
    I think that you are right about the woman being the same one in all the photographs; however, while she looks impaired, I cannot tell if she is deceased. I am curious if he got them high? That could count for their appearance.

Correct me if I am wrong, he did work for a law enforcement agency? I wonder if while he was working in the motor pool if he had access to drugs.

Drugs could have been used to entice the individuals into his car. A prostitute may have went with him willingly. He would have been able to take them where he wanted to and even get them to leave his vehicle. At that point he could have shot them at his leisure?

I am so sad that it took the police such a long time to find this guy. Especially when he was working right under their noses.

Hi guys ....this hit the news in Australia yesterday, with the headlines that he could be Americas worst serial killer.......it really sent shivers down my spine.

I really want to follow this case as I have a real bad vibe about it..........sorry.

I just looked from photo 1 to 30 (have to go and cook tea) and am going to look at the others later.

A couple are definitely taken in a truck/van of some type with a white interior. I really am concerned for those girls after reading what the one survivor said. There is also a photo near a blue truck (f100 or similar) and another near a red car, so I dont know if these were his cars?? also there is another taken from a car window of a girl walking past. One is definitely some sort of a professional portrait and I dont think he took the one of the lady in the uniform either. I wonder if he was obsessed with having photos of women and so maybe stole them? or talked to woman and took their photos? however the ones sleeping (hope) and the girls in the cars I worry about. Time will tell.......very awful case and this is only the beginning....
    REVAMPZ

I emailed Larry Harnisch, author of the Daily Mirror blog:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thed...97-maxine.html

I asked him if he'd contacted Taco Bell corporate headquarters. TB corporate probably sets restrictions on what uniforms and name badges can be worn and which must be "retired" for all its franchise locations, so knowing what era that uniform was from would give investigators a better idea of when the photo was taken. Likewise, the chili pepper name tag might be linked to a specific promotion. TB corporate might be able to contact their L.A.-area restaurants and have them verify the safety of anyone named Maxine who worked there.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

For people interested in this case:

THIS THREAD:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80541"]The Grim Sleeper. Update: Arrest in the Grim Sleeper Case! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

+

THIS POST:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4579910&postcount=57"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Grim Sleeper. Update: Arrest in the Grim Sleeper Case![/ame]

This post from almost exactly one year ago has links to some of the early Christine Pelisek, LA Weekly articles, for those who want to catch up. The LA Weekly articles are must read articles.

+

AND, THIS WEBSITE:
    http://thegrimsleeper.com/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...er-photos.html

Grim Sleeper photos: 20 women tentatively identified by LAPD [Updated]

[Updated 3 p.m. : LAPD Robbery-Homicide detectives said Monday afternoon that the total number of women identified rose from 15 to 20. There were roughly 160 women in the images released last week by the LAPD. Police said that number included eight duplicates, and one known victim whose family was unable to meet with investigators before their press conference.]

The Los Angeles Police Department was inundated with hundreds of phone calls, e-mails and other tips after detectives on Thursday released photographs of the unidentified women that were found in a trailer and garage belonging to Franklin, who has pleaded not guilty to 10 killings in South L.A. over three decades.

From that information, relatives and friends of 15 women have contacted LAPD robbery-homicide detectives to let them know they are alive and well, which investigators said was their primary goal in releasing the images in the first place.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Quote Originally Posted by James Vic View Post
    I think that you are right about the woman being the same one in all the photographs; however, while she looks impaired, I cannot tell if she is deceased. I am curious if he got them high? That could count for their appearance.

Correct me if I am wrong, he did work for a law enforcement agency? I wonder if while he was working in the motor pool if he had access to drugs.

Drugs could have been used to entice the individuals into his car. A prostitute may have went with him willingly. He would have been able to take them where he wanted to and even get them to leave his vehicle. At that point he could have shot them at his leisure?

I am so sad that it took the police such a long time to find this guy. Especially when he was working right under their noses.
    Normally I would agree with you, but the one picture of her looks more like a morgue photo than her sleeping/unconscious. It's the eyes. Perhaps someone who knows about this can weigh in as I don't know what causes that or what it is that I am talking about exactly. I can only attribute it to being deceased for a good amount of time. This is all my opinion of course!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast