1116 users online (228 members and 888 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Object shot out of sky above Israeli nuclear plant, military says

Object shot out of sky above Israeli nuclear plant, military saysBy the CNN Wire Staff
    December 16, 2010 3:16 p.m. EST

An unidentified flying object was shot down in the skies above Israel's Dimona nuclear plant, pictured here in 2004

Jerusalem (CNN) -- The Israeli Air Force shot down an unidentified flying object over the Dimona nuclear plant in the Negev Desert Thursday, the Israel Defense Forces said.

The object appeared in a designated no-fly zone, the air force was scrambled and the object was shot down, the IDF said....

No one knows what it was? Did debris land anywhere?

No debris field found... IDF says in the CNN article (and I kid you not): it could have been a party balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Object shot out of sky above Israeli nuclear plant, military saysBy the CNN Wire Staff
    December 16, 2010 3:16 p.m. EST

An unidentified flying object was shot down in the skies above Israel's Dimona nuclear plant, pictured here in 2004

Jerusalem (CNN) -- The Israeli Air Force shot down an unidentified flying object over the Dimona nuclear plant in the Negev Desert Thursday, the Israel Defense Forces said.

The object appeared in a designated no-fly zone, the air force was scrambled and the object was shot down, the IDF said....

Wow. I wonder what it was. The Zachal doesn't fart around.
    Bang boom!

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    No debris field found... IDF says in the CNN article (and I kid you not): it could have been a party balloon.
    Now we all know that that is a bunch of bull.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see what I can find out.

Beautiful Rox.

Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    Now we all know that that is a bunch of bull.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see what I can find out.
    Crazy, isn't it!?!?!

I could accept a weather balloon possibility... a hot air balloon... but a party balloon? Maybe a grouping of party balloons tied together, I could understand... but just A party balloon? how odd. LoL

Crazy, isn't it!?!?!

I could accept a weather balloon possibility... a hot air balloon... but a party balloon? Maybe a grouping of party balloons tied together, I could understand... but just A party balloon? how odd. LoL
    Wasn't there a recent sighting in NYC that turned out to be three Mylar balloons? I think they're jumping on that excuse because it was the first thing to come to mind.

If they find debris, I wonder if they'll show us it.

How about that pesky "swamp gas" ?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

"that the object entered Israeli airspace from Jordan, from the southern Dead Sea. Although INN says that the object was "thought to be a balloon," they also report that the Israeli Air Force said "the balloon was unmanned and that this was verified before it was shot down."

A balloon. Unmanned. Identified by the IDF. It seems straightforward."

and

The Israel National News article was posted at 4:34 p.m., which equates to 9:34 a.m. in the Eastern United States. CNN posted their article at 12:35 p.m., three hours after the story identifying the flying object had been published by INN. But CNN's article does not mention that the object had been "verified" as a balloon by the IDF.

Same story, both told with an ambiguous title teaser. One leaving a lot of room for speculation. One providing an answer, which is saddled with the a question of believability (because when has a government been above obfuscation, misdirection, and outright lying in what they deem national interest?).

In the end, it comes down to: Something was shot down over a Negev Desert nuclear power plant Thursday. It seems to have been a balloon, the debris of which has not as yet been located. What it was not was "unidentified." So, unless one is a distrustful conspiracy theorist or UFO researcher skeptical of any government explanation, Thursday's incident seems to be nothing more than an interesting aside on a slow news day.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...pg2.html?cat=9

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Unidentified has an alternate meaning here. Maybe more towards undisclosed? Seems to raise more questions than if they actually said undisclosed.

My bet? Someone was testing response/infiltration over the nuclear plant. We will not hear if it's a person, plane, or whatever else, because that would mean huge ramifications in the middle East. If it were Iran doing the testing, for example, there would be a fast "quashing" of the event, because no one wants a nuclear war in the ME at the moment - especially with the whole Korean penninsula ready to go up in flames.

It was not a UFO, and it probably was not a balloon. But we will never know what it actually was...which, in this instance, is fine by me.

Best-
    Herding Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    How about that pesky "swamp gas" ?
    Do they have Taco Bells in Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    My bet? Someone was testing response/infiltration over the nuclear plant. We will not hear if it's a person, plane, or whatever else, because that would mean huge ramifications in the middle East. If it were Iran doing the testing, for example, there would be a fast "quashing" of the event, because no one wants a nuclear war in the ME at the moment - especially with the whole Korean penninsula ready to go up in flames.

It was not a UFO, and it probably was not a balloon. But we will never know what it actually was...which, in this instance, is fine by me.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    Great thought.

[quote=Steely Dan;5911331]Do they have Taco Bells in Israel?

roflma
    Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
    ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Do they have Taco Bells in Israel?
    Apparently not, but they're working on it:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7801400588

Crazy, isn't it!?!?!

I vas told, Chhhoney that vas no vedder balloon.

I don't think the Isralies know what it actually was yet.

Beautiful Rox.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast