FL FL - Emilio Martinez-Rodriguez, 34, Tampa, 15 Dec 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
0425217095_154364d.jpg

<snip>

Martinez-Rodriguez was out getting Chinese food and root beer for his wife, who is 14 weeks pregnant and had a craving.

Surveillance video taken from outside of a neighbor's house showed Martinez-Rodriguez's car driving by.

Police say they believe he made it home because they found a Sweet Bay grocery bag outside in the driveway. However, detectives believe something happened to Martinez-Rodriguez outside, causing him to never make it inside the house.

more here

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/december/184113/Police:-Missing-Tampa-man-may-be-in-danger

======================
<snip>

He was described as 6 feet with an olive complexion, short brown hair, brown eyes and a goatee. He has tattoos of a cross on his lower back, a heart with tribal designs on the back of his left shoulder and Japanese characters on his right bicep.

more here

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/tampa-man-34-missing-and-presumed-to-be-in-danger/1140335

======================
<snip>

He left his home at 2125 W. Dallas Ave. in his gray 2007, four-door, Toyota Buccaneer.

The SUV had the tag B2AKC, and damage to right-front fender and right passenger door. It has dark window tint and is lowered with normal size chrome rims.

more here

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40700695/ns/local_news-tampa_fl/

Bless his heart. What could have happened? Perhaps he was followed? Hoping and praying for his safe return.

Bless his heart. What could have happened? Perhaps he was followed? Hoping and praying for his safe return.

He seems like such a sweet guy...buying his wife her Chinese food, kissing her on the head on the way out.

I hope LE finds out more from the neighbor's video.

I was just coming to see if anybody had posted this. How scary. My good friend has a friend whose best friend is the wife (you got that?) They appear to be nice, normal people. It's awful.

was looking for the latest updates & found this from Thursday

<snip>

Whatever happened to Rodriguez may point back to the neighbor's surveillance video. A man is seen running in the direction of Rodriguez's house - likely the same man spotted by a neighbor, who asked to remain anonymous, just a half-hour earlier in his backyard.

"There was somebody in the ditch. I said, 'Ma, there's somebody in the yard.' Then he looks right at me. It's pretty scary to know there's somebody missing. He could do anything."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/tampa-man-vanishes-from-driveway

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/family-offering-$15,000-for-emilio-martinez's-safe-return

Posted: 12/18/2010
Alison Morrow

TAMPA, Fla. - The family of a missing Tampa man is still hopeful he'll be back for Christmas, and to make their wish a reality, they're increasing the reward for his safe return.

So here is my :twocents: for what it's worth.

Is it just me or does anybody else find it odd that Emilio just happens to leave for chinese food and root beer and this "strange" man just happens to luck out after being in a ditch and pounce on the first car that pulls up after being looked at straight on by the neighbor ? The food is left in the driveway, nobody hears or see's anything like a scuffle ?

I am calling BS, this was planned. My first impression ....

I wonder how long these two have been together ?

Moo.....

I was hoping there would be a thread on this one, its just so strange. I am wondering if maybe it was gang related or drug related or something. Its just strange that a predator would be just waiting in a neighborhood to abduct the first person he sees. Very strange. Anyhow prayers for his poor wife and family. Thankfully she seems to have a lot of support. With no sign of him for this long I dont think this will end very well.

Moving thread to Missing/Located Discussion forum.

~Summer_Breeze

It does appear this man was carjacked. He arrives at his home, grocery bag found on the ground. Car has not been found and neither has he.

I am wondering if there have been robberies or things taken from cars in that neighborhood.

You would that if the abductor just wanted money or the car, he would
just take those things and then get out of there.

Why take Emilio? Did the abductor think he would get more money from an atm, something like that?

I hope LE has looked at other security cameras in the area. Perhaps a bank or service station?

And I hope Emilio is found safe and sound.

Bumping this up for Emilio and his poor wife and family. I can't imagine being pregnant with my first child and missing my husband, all at christmastime.

This article http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/dec/17/172340/friends-family-join-search-for-missing-tampa-man/news-breaking/ gives a bit more information, about the vigil, and about the couple, who have been married for several years.

It sounds to me, from comments by neighbors and Emilio's father in law, that this was a straight up carjack/robbery type situation. Emilio was in what looks to be a stable, happy marriage and in a supervisory job, I can't see how or why it would be a set-up or something gang or drug related.

Anyway, prayers for him and his wife and family. I wish there were more news about this case, so sad!

I have to agree; I do not believe that this was a set-up or drug related. I believe that Emilio was, sadly, in the wrong place at the wrong time and was approached by the stranger as he was exiting his car to bring the food inside to his wife.

So here is my :twocents: for what it's worth.

Is it just me or does anybody else find it odd that Emilio just happens to leave for chinese food and root beer and this "strange" man just happens to luck out after being in a ditch and pounce on the first car that pulls up after being looked at straight on by the neighbor ? The food is left in the driveway, nobody hears or see's anything like a scuffle ?

I am calling BS, this was planned. My first impression ....

I wonder how long these two have been together ?

Moo.....

They've been married for 5 years according to link in post #2.

I think Emilio is just a nice guy who was taken offguard by a stranger who was up to no good.

The world's a scary place, that's for sure....so many people that are just going about their daily lives, minding their own business & a criminal comes along to take it all away. (MOO)

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=163790&catid=8

Laura Kadechka 10 mins ago

Tampa, Florida -- Kacee Martinez says her husband of five years, 34-year-old Emilio Martinez, had no reason to disappear on his own.

He received a promotion in the last year at work, had close friends and family, but perhaps his most proudest milestone was the child he and Kacee are expecting.

Much more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back