1053 users online (209 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AZ - Newborn's body found in box shipped to Texas

Newborn's body found in box shipped from Ariz. to Texas

A baby from Arizona was found dead after being shipped to Texas in a box.

Workers unloading boxes in a warehouse in McAllen, Texas, Thursday afternoon discovered the body of what is believed to be a newborn girl.

The baby’s body was reportedly inside a shipment of used clothing that arrived there overnight. The baby was stuffed between pieces of clothing with her umbilical cord still attached.

It is still unclear where the baby came from or who shipped her, but officials said she was sent from somewhere in Arizona.

Read more at link: http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fee...112043059.html

Video: http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fee...112043059.html

How very bizarre. Poor little baby. I hope they are able to trace the shipment and figure out where this baby came from. I don't understand all of these murdered newborns. They can be dropped off at any firehouse, hospital, etc. with no fear of prosecution, yet they choose to murder them instead. I just don't get it.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

I don't know what to say other than WTF?

I would like to know where the package was address to. And what the person that would be receiving the package has to say. I think that would be the first place to start the investigation. I sure hope investigators are knocking on that door.

ETA: Perhaps the package is not address and that is why they looked inside.

OT: It's sad to say but crimes against newborns almost needs it's own forum

From what I've read, the baby was found in a box of used clothes so it doesn't sound like it was a box w/ an address...it had come on a truck with a lot of other clothes

Police say the clothes are either donated or purchased somewhere else and then sold to the poor in McAllen.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...ate&id=7849192

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/m...lice-baby.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    From what I've read, the baby was found in a box of used clothes so it doesn't sound like it was a box w/ an address...it had come on a truck with a lot of other clothes

Police say the clothes are either donated or purchased somewhere else and then sold to the poor in McAllen.

Hopefully where the shipment originated from will have video showing people dropping off their donations and they can possibly narrow down who dropped off that box. I take it that the box was not packed with the cloths at the place of shipment and if the cloths were donated at Goodwill or similar store then the boxes with the donated cloths were just loaded onto a truck there awaiting shipment to TX without being gone through. Hopefully employees at the place the shipment originated from will be questioned and something will come from that as well.

wonder if a young girl managed to hide her pregnancy and then hid the baby in old clothes that she knew were going to be given to goodwill... i cant think of any reason someone would ship a baby in that kind of condition - unless it was some deranged person, but even then i would think that they would have a certain person that they wanted to send the baby too?? this is too weird for me...

i think you're right. those poor workers, to find something like that while unloading a truck. this little angel could be from anywhere. if the box was a box of donated clothes, a la goodwill, it would be very hard to know who donated it. every time i've dropped off clothes at goodwill i just hand them over then leave.

however, if the clothes were boxed up after being donated, it could very well have been done by an employee of wherever the truck was originating from.

ugh. how bizarre.

I wonder if the clothes came from one of those big donation boxes that have been popping up all over the place. I can see a panicked (or sadistic) mother stuffing the baby in there and taking off. It is unlikely that anyone would have heard her cry.
    We used to have one of those oversized donation boxes here in my city for a local charity. They removed it after they found two dead newborns and one live one in it in under four years.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I wonder if the clothes came from one of those big donation boxes that have been popping up all over the place. I can see a panicked (or sadistic) mother stuffing the baby in there and taking off. It is unlikely that anyone would have heard her cry.
    We used to have one of those oversized donation boxes here in my city for a local charity. They removed it after they found two dead newborns and one live one in it in under four years.
    If the box with the newborn in it come from one of those donation boxes it would be really hard to track who dropped off the box. It doesn't even sound like it is know from what part of Arizona the cloths might have all come from.

OT: We used to have those large donation boxes around town too. They all disappeared after the city started limited each household to only one can of trash per week for garbage pickup. Many people started putting what should have been considered unusable donations in or around the boxes to avoid the extra fees they would have been charged if they set the stuff out on the curb or hauled the items to the landfill. Only causing the organization to have to pay the landfill fees to dispose of the items. There would literally be worn out couches, chairs and console TV's sitting on the ground around these boxes. Item that would have been collected by the garbage trucks free of charge before.

Poor little baby girl. My prayers go out to the workers who found her. I'm sure their hearts just sank.

We've long had a connection to Goodwill and lots of people don't know that clothes donated in one city are shipped to other cities--often even overseas. It all depends on need and demographics. There's actually quite a system which is quite interesting. My guess is that with some good detective work, they'll locate the original donation site but finding the mother is another issue altogether.

And Belinda, I always think the same thing. Why not a Safe Haven???? However, when you stop and think for a minute, young moms read that even then, they are sought. This could have been a young teen, a girl who was the victim of incest or a girl who was trafficked. So many possibilities.

Personally, I wish we could bring back the "orphan's basket" or "baby hatch" outside churches and hospitals. You put the baby in the basket, rang the bell and walked off into the night to grieve for the rest of your life. But at least you knew your child was safe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_hatch

"...Sensors in the bed alert carers when a baby has been put in it so that they can come and take care of the child. In Germany, babies are first cared for eight weeks during which the mother can return and claim her child without any legal repercussions. If this does not happen, after eight weeks the child is put up for adoption...."

much more history at link

IMO, Germany's got the right idea. We have FAR too many rules and regulations and vagaries attached to our Safe Haven laws.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-05-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Really? That's crazy. Three babies? They limit it to setting fire to the boxes here. Also they're usually in a lot that has a store or business on it. They'd have video.

O/T: Joe, one bag? A bag of trash per house? Could you imagine that happening here in this city?

How sad we are talking about used clothing and trash and a sweet infant is involved. Prayers for the little who was just discarded. How awful.

sounds like that's exactly what happened

'Baby Jane' Left in Clothes Donation Bin
    Updated: Friday, 17 Dec 2010, 9:37 PM MST
    Published : Friday, 17 Dec 2010, 9:37 PM MST

PHOENIX - Phoenix Police believe 'Baby Jane,' an unidentified baby girl whose body was found in a shipping box in Texas on Thursday, was left in a clothes donation bin in the valley.

The baby's body was apparently wrapped in a towel, put in a box, and left in a clothing donation bin -- there are 400 donations bins scattered across the valley.

more here

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...bin-12-17-2010
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Really? That's crazy. Three babies? They limit it to setting fire to the boxes here. Also they're usually in a lot that has a store or business on it. They'd have video.

O/T: Joe, one bag? A bag of trash per house? Could you imagine that happening here in this city?

How sad we are talking about used clothing and trash and a sweet infant is involved. Prayers for the little who was just discarded. How awful.
    BBM

O/T: One trash can. You can put as many trash bags in the trash can as you can fit. You can also pile up as much recyclable items at the curb as you want which are accepted free of charge. Many household have several recycle bins they fill each week and place at the curb. The idea of limiting each household to one can of trash per week was to encourage households to recycle more. Of course in doing so it also stopped the pick up of larger items such as old furniture without a charge.

sounds like that's exactly what happened

'Baby Jane' Left in Clothes Donation Bin
    Updated: Friday, 17 Dec 2010, 9:37 PM MST
    Published : Friday, 17 Dec 2010, 9:37 PM MST

PHOENIX - Phoenix Police believe 'Baby Jane,' an unidentified baby girl whose body was found in a shipping box in Texas on Thursday, was left in a clothes donation bin in the valley.

The baby's body was apparently wrapped in a towel, put in a box, and left in a clothing donation bin -- there are 400 donations bins scattered across the valley.

more here

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...bin-12-17-2010
    400 donation bins. I sure hope they keep track of which ones they serviced so they can narrow it down to a general area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast