Found Deceased ME - Elena Lozada, 25, Portland, July 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=141156&catid=2

Portland Police need help finding missing woman
Tracy Junkins, Assignment Editor 46 mins ago

PORTLAND (NEWS CENTER) -- The Portland Police Department is seeking the public's help in locating a missing woman.

Portland say 25 year old Elena Lozado of Portland has been missing since July 2010. Lozado had moved out of her Grant Street apartment in June and planned to take a bus to Boston. The police have not been able to find anyone who had contact with Elena since July 2010.

Elena Lozado is a Hispanic female, 5'2" tall, 105 to 115 pounds with brown hair and eyes.

Police are asking anyone with information contact them at 874-8533. Additionally, you can text or use the internet to provide police with information.

To text a tip phone users should text the keyword "GOTCHA" plus their message to 274637 (CRIMES).

The website is www.portland-police.com and click on the "Submit an Anonymous Crime Tip."

genthumb.ashx
genthumb.ashx

Police Continue to Probe Death of Elena

Police continue to investigate the death of a 24-year-old woman whose remains were recovered this week.

Elena Lozada's mother reported her missing in July because the young woman had been out of contact for an unusually long period of time. Police now consider the case an unattended death with suspicious circumstances.

Lozada had been living in an apartment on Grant Street and said she was planning to move to Boston, police said in December. But she stayed in the Portland area for weeks after moving out of the apartment, police said.

Police said Lozada's skeletal remains were found in a remote area of the state Sunday. Lozada's family was notified Thursday.

Few details were available about the case, but police said Friday that more information will likely be released next week.

Snipped from: http://www.pressherald.com/news/police-continue-to-probe-death-of-missing-woman_2011-04-23.html

May you Rest in Peace Elena, and your family have strength, courage to prevail through this difficult time. My heartfelt condolence goes out to your family. God Bless.

Nathaniel Pete Mincher, who states that he dumped Elena's body in Northport. Why didn't he help this woman. But instead sets her body on fire.. Why. I can't believe some people are so thoughtless. This young lady goes missing July 6. He waits till February to inform police. Meantime family is worried about their daughter and to learn what happened after he dumped her makes me sick. If it was a drug overdose then why the need to burn the body. Sounds very fishy to me.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/05/20/news/mom-elena-lozadas-body-had-been-burned/

Nathaniel Pete Mincher, who states that he dumped Elena's body in Northport. Why didn't he help this woman. But instead sets her body on fire.. Why. I can't believe some people are so thoughtless. This young lady goes missing July 6. He waits till February to inform police. Meantime family is worried about their daughter and to learn what happened after he dumped her makes me sick. If it was a drug overdose then why the need to burn the body. Sounds very fishy to me.

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/05/20/news/mom-elena-lozadas-body-had-been-burned/

Fishy indeed. Why wasn't he arrested? The police got real quiet when they started finding bodies on Long Island. Pete ends up dead - unexpectedly at age 36. No cause of death.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/28/obituaries/pete-nathaniel-peter-mincher/

Mincher died by suicide 12/23 the year Elena’s remains were found, and as far as I know no investigative have been made since.

Elena was my best friend. It’s been a decade of unanswered questions. Portland Police Dept. refused to take her disappearance seriously stating Elena lived a “high risk lifestyle” and told her mother to come back after she has exhausted all other options. What we now know is that by the time Carrie finally filed the missing person report Elena had already been murdered. If PPD had taken her mother seriously on day 1 there could have gone very different. But Elena was brown, a sex worker, and an addict and therefore not a priority in their eyes.

Times have changed, and we as a society are recognizing how racial bias and social disparities affect police investigation. How do I give Lena back her voice? PPD didn’t care about her when she was missing, and they sure didn’t give her case much priority once she was found. It’s time they do her right and start caring about her now.

Elena deserves Justice, PPD needs to address their lackluster investigation, and I’m ready to do whatever I can to make that happen. I just don’t know where to start... so here I am posting this and asking for help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back