Found Deceased NC - Evanir Rosa Roglio, 61, Raleigh, 15 Dec 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7852378

Police seek help finding missing Raleigh woman
Updated at 12:39 PM today

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Police Department is seeking help in locating a missing elderly woman.

Police are concerned about Evanir Rosa Roglio, 61, who has been missing since Wednesday.

The investigation has not determined any signs of foul play.

Officers are trying to locate Roglio to help ensure her well-being.

She was last seen by members of her family at her residence in the 9000 block of Brook Garden Court.

Roglio converses in her native language of Portuguese.

Anyone who believes they may know her whereabouts or who believes they have seen her since her reported disappearance is asked to contact law enforcement.

7852510_448x252.jpg

<snip>

Rogolio speaks only Portuguese, police said. Her daughter said that she rarely leaves the house, can't drive and doesn't have money or a cell phone with her.

Duckworth said the family moved to the area from Cary a month ago, so Rogolio doesn't have any friends she would go to see. Relatives haven't found her in searches of the neighborhood or nearby hospitals.

more here

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/8800260/

ETA: this article says she's 69yo :confused:

Media reports - I can't figure it out either Texas. 61 or 69.

Gorgeous woman. Why has a Silver Alert not been issued?

http://raleighpolice.blogspot.com/2010/12/request-for-assistance-missing-person.html

Request for Assistance: Missing Person

The Raleigh Police Department is seeking the public's assistance in locating Evanir Rosa Roglio, 61, who was reported missing on Dec. 15. The investigation of the case has not determined signs of foul play; however, the department is assisting efforts to locate Roglio to help ensure her well-being. She was last seen by members of her family at her residence in the 9000 block of Brook Garden Court. Roglio converses in her native language of Portuguese.

Anyone who believes they may know her whereabouts or who believes they have seen her since her reported disappearance is asked to contact.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/01/01/892772/woman-fears-for-missing-mother.html

Published Sat, Jan 01, 2011 02:00 AM
Modified Sat, Jan 01, 2011 05:30 AM
BY LEAH FRIEDMAN - Staff Writer

RALEIGH -- Evanir Rosa Roglio just disappeared, her daughter says.

<snipped>
Duckworth has just one suspicion. In November, Roglio told her granddaughter she had talked to a woman in a Hispanic church in Cary about people who take folks home to their native countries, Duckworth said. A month later, Roglio disappeared.

--- On Tue, 8/16/11, Daigle, Richard <Richard.Daigle@raleighnc.gov> wrote:

Subject: FW: NC - Evanir Rosa Roglio - 61 years old - Raleigh - 15 Dec 2010
To: <redacted>
Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 11:30 AM

Ms. Roglio is still reported as missing and has not been located

Major R.J. Daigle
Raleigh Police Department
Administrative Services Division
6716 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC. 27615
Office: 919-996-1232
Cell: 919-369-2518
Fax: 919-996-7221

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19586/
34211.jpg
Status Missing
First name Evanir
Middle name Rosa
Last name Roglio
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen December 15, 2010 11:00
Date entered 03/11/2013
Age last seen 69 to 69 years old
Age now 73 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Female
Height (inches) 65.0 to 67.0
Weight (pounds) 135.0 to 150.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Missing for 4 years now.

The reported circumstances closely match this UID case. However, their NamUS file is still up. No exclusions.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NC - NC - Durham, WhtFem Pre 60, UP64095, abandoned house, Bromley Collect'n coat, Danskin shoes, Dec'19

Evanir Roglio's NamUs MP file is also still active.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The Enterprise is in Spring Hope, about an hour east of Durham. So far there are no Raleigh or Durham MSM reports on this. Maybe NamUs has just not been notified yet, or maybe the Enterprise jumped the gun before everything was confirmed (?). Their story was published over 2 months ago.

Edit to add: Welcome to Websleuths, @Lindell. Thanks for your update. I'm sure this will get straightened out.

She left a note? I don’t remember that information in any other articles?
How did she get to Durham and in a closet?

The note is now mentioned on her NamUs page, with the same details as in the article. The clothing seems quite similar: a black jacket, blue jeans, and white/blue athletic shoes. Maybe it's a presumptive match based on those items, but they're still waiting on a DNA confirmation? The article says it was six miles away. I think this building was on the very edge of Durham County closest to Raleigh, so possibly a walk-able distance. But I have no idea how she ended up there.

I have to admit, I have questions. How someone could presumably wander into an abandoned building and not be found for nine years (!) is kind of puzzling. Surely an owner or someone else would have checked on it over time. I've been following the corresponding UID case for some time and am not really sure exactly where this building is.

Both Roglio's and the corresponding UID's cases are still up in NamUs, both with no exclusions. It's been almost four months since this article. Maybe it was a false alarm?
It's now August and Roglio's page is still up and with no exclusions. The UID's NamUs page is closed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back