GUILTY PA - Damien Holloway, 27, Timothy Clark, 15, fatally shot, Philadelphia, 13 July 2007

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/brea..._men_found_guilty_of_first_degree_murder.html

Two Tacony men charged in a 2007 racially tinged double slaying were found guilty this morning of first degree murder.

Gerald Drummond, 26, and Robert McDowell, 28, face possible death sentences in the July 13, 2007, slayings of Damien Holloway, 27, and Timothy Clark, 15, in the 6900 block of Vandike Street.

In a concession to the end-of-year holidays, a penalty hearing will take place in January.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/brea..._men_found_guilty_of_first_degree_murder.html

Two Tacony men charged in a 2007 racially tinged double slaying were found guilty this morning of first degree murder.

Gerald Drummond, 26, and Robert McDowell, 28, face possible death sentences in the July 13, 2007, slayings of Damien Holloway, 27, and Timothy Clark, 15, in the 6900 block of Vandike Street.

In a concession to the end-of-year holidays, a penalty hearing will take place in January.

:doh:These two!

Joe, this case has caused such a divide in the community of Tac-One. I do know poor little Timmy's mom has suffered immensely.

Originally it was thought to be soley racially motivated, but so much more came in to play. One of the murderers sister had a child by Damien Holloway. From that it was thought it was racially motivated.

Timmy was about as white as ya can get. He was a kid. Just a young kid. Holloway was permitted to live in his family's home. It was Timmy's older brother that was his friend. I remember people were all like "Well what the he*l was a 15 year old doing out at that time of night?"

The whole thing was just so sad. No sentence of those murderers will give Timmy's mom back her son. She was judged by neighbors and the community for not keeping a handle on her sons which is bull crap. More like she had a good heart and let the guy live there while he ran his business.

I'm not saying they are not racist, but I think the murder was about alot more. Some hair brained scheme. They effectively tore apart a community for a time. They say they murdered Timmy simply because he was with Holloway going to the 7-Eleven to get snacks.

It's sad. Tacony was a tight, tight neighborhood. Look at it now and you're afraid to go down seperate blocks. Never fear we got some gentrifiers going in. My girlfriend just bought a house "In the Italian Parish" as she says. LOL May the victims rest in peace. I feel really bad for Timmy's mom and brothers.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/brea..._deliberates_life_or_death_for_2_killers.html

A Philadelphia Common Pleas Court jury has sentenced two Tacony men to life in prison without parole for their roles in the racially tinged 2007 murders of a neighborhood man and his teenage friend.

The jury deliberated four hours before returning its decision in the cases of Gerald Drummond, 26, and Robert McDowell, 28, convicted of first-degree murder in the July 13, 2007 execution-style shootings of Damien Holloway, 27, and Timmy Clark, 15.

Several jurors looked furious at outcome. After the deadlock was announced, McDowell smiled and slapped Drummond on back.

Snarled Judge Renee Cardwell Hughes: "Don't you think you've won - now you have to deal with me."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/20110114_Two_get_double_life_terms_in_2007_Philly_killings.html

Calling them "irredeemable," a Philadelphia judge on Thursday sentenced two Tacony men to consecutive life prison terms after a Common Pleas Court jury deadlocked on imposing the death penalty for the execution-style murders of a neighborhood man and his teenage friend.

...The jury of seven women and five men - evenly divided black and white - sat sullenly in the jury box. Some were plainly upset, and several glared at Drummond and McDowell.

As the jury exited the courtroom, McDowell smiled at Drummond, reached over, and gave him a loud slap on the back.:furious:

The judge erupted angrily. "Please don't smile and please don't think you won, gentlemen, because now you have to deal with me," she said. "You'd be better off being sentenced to death because then you'd have the Supreme Court."

Hughes sentenced each to two consecutive life terms followed by a total of 15 to 30 years for guilty verdicts on conspiracy and two gun charges. She also ordered each to pay $5,000 to each victim's family to defray funeral costs.

(ETA: These two lowlifes shot two innocent young men to death, execution style, after forcing them to kneel in the street, and they have the nerve to laugh it up at their sentencing. Good riddance! I doubt they'll find anything to laugh about after a few decades of hard time.)

Two Philadelphia women sentenced for intimidating witnesses

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...men_sentenced_for_intimidating_witnesses.html

...Assistant District Attorney Carlos Vega asked (Judge Benjamin) Lerner to sentence the women to three to six years each - citing the threats that have marked the case since 2007.

But Lerner said that because the women had no criminal records and pleaded guilty, a long sentence would be reversed on appeal.

Lerner sentenced Merlo to seven to 23 months in prison followed by four years of probation; Tara McDowell got time served and four years of probation.

Lerner also ordered the women, their relatives, and friends to stay away from Coulter and Brannan: "If there is so much as a peep out of either of you, or anybody else acting on your behalf - related or not - your sentence will be measured in years rather than months."

Lerner noted that there was an ongoing investigation of threats against witnesses allegedly made by other Drummond and McDowell relatives.

Two Philadelphia women sentenced for intimidating witnesses

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...men_sentenced_for_intimidating_witnesses.html

...Assistant District Attorney Carlos Vega asked (Judge Benjamin) Lerner to sentence the women to three to six years each - citing the threats that have marked the case since 2007.

But Lerner said that because the women had no criminal records and pleaded guilty, a long sentence would be reversed on appeal.

Lerner sentenced Merlo to seven to 23 months in prison followed by four years of probation; Tara McDowell got time served and four years of probation.

Lerner also ordered the women, their relatives, and friends to stay away from Coulter and Brannan: "If there is so much as a peep out of either of you, or anybody else acting on your behalf - related or not - your sentence will be measured in years rather than months."

Lerner noted that there was an ongoing investigation of threats against witnesses allegedly made by other Drummond and McDowell relatives.

Yeah them's fighting words from the Judge.

Truly I am sorry to say if I was these two young women I'd beg, borrow, steal and try to move my tail as far away as I could.

A peep? Good luck with that. There's some wonderful people in Tacony like there is everywhere in this world, but they're thick. If these two girls stay mum it doesn't mean someone else isn't going to verbally torture them.

Prayers everyone settles down. They have enough violence and crime in Tacony. No more, please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back