GUILTY IN - Jezaih King, 2, Fort Wayne, November 2009

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Police-Looking-For-Missing-Family-112228244.html

Police Fear For Missing Boy's SafetyBy Maureen Mespell
By Peter Ambrose
December 20, 2010

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Investigators are working to unravel the mystery surrounding the disappearance of three local family members.

But there's a more immediate problem: finding a missing child. Officials say 3 year old Jezaih King has not been seen for 10 months or more. He was only just reported missing for the first time Monday by concerned family members.

FWPD spokesman Mike Joyner released details late last night, saying "we know that the youngest, the three year old, Jezaih has been missing for several months. We are very concerned that quite possibly he is a victim of foul play or at minimum is in immediate danger."

Anyone with information about Jezaih should call police at 427-1222. You can also give an anonymous tip by calling CrimeStoppers at 436-7867.

Jezaih's mother, 31 year old Lathisha Lawson, and his 10 year old sister, Kierra King, were also reported missing yesterday. Family members said the two hadn't been seen since around September or October.

But shortly after news of their disappearance came out, police located Lawson and King in Fort Wayne. They're now questioning Lawson about Jezaih.

Police say an Amber Alert wasn't issued in this case because of how long Jezaih has been missing and for how long his sister was missing.

Officials have not yet elaborated on the circumstances which led to the family members' disappearance, or on the kind of danger they think Jezaih may be in. The investigation is still underway.

Again, if you have information about Jezaih, call police at 427-1222 or CrimeStoppers at 436-7867.

Photo at link in video

picture.php

picture.php

But there's a more immediate problem: finding a missing child. Officials say 3 year old Jezaih King has not been seen for 10 months or more. He was only just reported missing for the first time Monday by concerned family members.
FWPD spokesman Mike Joyner released details late last night, saying "we know that the youngest, the three year old, Jezaih has been missing for several months. We are very concerned that quite possibly he is a victim of foul play or at minimum is in immediate danger."

more here

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Police-Looking-For-Missing-Family-112228244.html

================

The Fort Wayne Police Department has located two of three people reported missing on Monday, according to a police report.

Lathisa A. Lawson, 31, and her 10-year-old daughter, Kierra King, were taken to the Fort Wayne Police Department early this morning after a person who knew their whereabouts saw a televison news report on the missing family.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20101221/LOCAL07/101229954/1002/LOCAL

====================
ETA:

An individual took Lawson and her daughter to the Fort Wayne Police Department early Tuesday morning, after seeing a local news program reporting them missing.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/fort-wayne-police-look-for-missing-toddler-family

thanks to summer_breeze for bringing this missing little boy to our attention.

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Investigators discovered the remains of a small child in a home in the 1300 block of Wabash Avenue. An autopsy will be performed to determine the identity of the child. The mother has since been charged on a preliminary charge of Neglect of a Dependent (Class A-Felony).

This could be Jeziah.

Fort Wayne Police have arrested the mother of a missing toddler, and the remains of an unidentified small child were found in a home in Fort Wayne.

31-year-old Latisha Ann Lawson was arrested Tuesday for Neglect of a Dependant. During the course of the investigation police went to a home in the 1300 block of Wabash Avenue, and there they discovered the remains of a small child. An autopsy will be performed to determine the identity, the cause, and manner of death. Lawson's three year old son Jezaih King was reported missing by relatives on Monday. Police were told he was missing for about ten months.://www.wane.com/dpp/news/fort-wayne-police-look-for-missing-toddler-family

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Investigators discovered the remains of a small child in a home in the 1300 block of Wabash Avenue. An autopsy will be performed to determine the identity of the child. The mother has since been charged on a preliminary charge of Neglect of a Dependent (Class A-Felony).

This could be Jeziah.

Fort Wayne Police have arrested the mother of a missing toddler, and the remains of an unidentified small child were found in a home in Fort Wayne.

31-year-old Latisha Ann Lawson was arrested Tuesday for Neglect of a Dependant. During the course of the investigation police went to a home in the 1300 block of Wabash Avenue, and there they discovered the remains of a small child. An autopsy will be performed to determine the identity, the cause, and manner of death. Lawson's three year old son Jezaih King was reported missing by relatives on Monday. Police were told he was missing for about ten months.://www.wane.com/dpp/news/fort-wayne-police-look-for-missing-toddler-family

This is so sad - and even sadder that it's no longer a surprise when we hear about these little angels being missing for months. :(

What a cute little boy.

And what's so bad about this one is that there seemed to be people that wanted to do the right thing by the family. Someone cared enough to (finally) report Jeziah missing. And someone cared enough to take the mother and sister to the police station...

I am so sick of this idea that children are throwaways. These people that neglect or abuse their kids to death, then simply pack up and move on like nothing happened. How can anyone do that, let alone more than one, as this is becoming more and more common.

Kudos to the person who took the mother and her daughter to the police station. However I have major issues with the fact that for 10 months this child was not seen by relatives (aunts, uncles, grandparents).

"Fort Wayne Police received a call from a woman saying her roommate, 31-year-old Latisha Lawson, had placed a body in a blanket in a closet on or about November 19th, 2009."

A Probable Cause report indicates it was just before 4:00pm Monday when Fort Wayne Police received a call from a woman saying her roommate, 31-year-old Latisha Lawson, had placed a body in a blanket in a closet on or about November 19th, 2009.

... Lawson told them that the boy was with God. She went on to tell the police that he went with God about a week before Thanksgiving in 2009. She said the boy had upset her because she couldn’t take his temper tantrums. Lawson then said that she gave the boy olive oil and vinegar until he stopped breathing. Lawson told police she wrapped the boy up in a blanket and placed him in the closet…while never calling EMS or providing medical attention."

I hope I didn't post more than allowed of this story, but I didn't know where to snip anymore.... I'm horrified.

:(

Wait, wait, WAIT.....

"Lawson then said that she gave the boy olive oil and vinegar until he stopped breathing"... How in the H does someone do THAT?!?! What the H did she exactly DO to this poor child?!?

Excuse my edgy profanity there, but that is the very cleaned up version of what came out first.
:sick:

<snip>

When asked where the children were, Lawson told them that the boy was with God. She went on to tell the police that he went with God about a week before Thanksgiving in 2009. She said the boy had upset her because she couldn’t take his temper tantrums. Lawson then said that she gave the boy olive oil and vinegar until he stopped breathing. Lawson told police she wrapped the boy up in a blanket and placed him in the closet…while never calling EMS or providing medical attention.

Police then asked her if she knew at that time that she had murdered her son and she said, “Yes.”

Officials say Lawson then told them that her son’s body was in a tote in a bedroom and gave them the location. Crime scene detectives got a search warrant, as well as permission to search the residence from Lawson and the owner. Officers located the body exactly where Lawson said it was.

more here

:rose: fly with the angels, little Jezaih :rose:

:furious: times millions. Someone actually knew that the mother put Jezaih's body in a blanket into a closet and they didn't come forward?

Poor baby boy. Makes me so mad that mother/parents can kill their own children like that.

My sister has been trying for 10 years to have a baby, and I've been trying for a second for 5 years. We would take any one of these poor unwanted babies in a heartbeat. I could just cry at the unfairness of it all.

Oh my dear God....how incredibly sad.

Little Jezaih, rest peacefully baby boy!

I will never understand killing a child over temper tantrums.

After having multiple broken bones from my daughter's rages... and not even thinking about spanking her... I don't understand losing it like that... these parents don't know how lucky they are to have children who have temper tantrums.

This didn't even surprise me when I saw it. I just thought.... "another one?... geesh he's adorable."

Now that's sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back