Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
    Why even enter a motion regarding the kitchen knife? Why make any sort of a big deal about it? It's not something that the SA is going to wave around the courtroom making slashing motions with? Autopsy seemed to indicate that Caylee probably was not shot stabbed or subjected to trauma, nor was she dismembered. So the kitchen knife was simply in the car. Nothing more than evidence of KC's live out of her car lifestyle. The SA would not be calling much attention to it if any, simply because it is a lousy piece of evidence. It has no forensics. Was cleaned by CA so they might not have gotten the right one back, and there is no indication it was used in the crime? Attempting to do anything more than listing it on the list of things reported found in the car would be insane for the SA. It would be giving the defense a piece of dodgy evidence to grandstand over. Heck thinking on it some more I can't imagine why the defense would want it eliminated now? Having it used at trial would allow them some courtroom theatrics that they just will not be able to get from the more solid actual evidence?
    ITA with everything you've said, faefrost. And on top of all that, I've always wondered how and who decided that was the exact knife that was the one in the car. As I understand it, it was one of a set of several, had been washed and put back in the drawer; how could anyone be certain it was even the same knife?
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
    Why even enter a motion regarding the kitchen knife? Why make any sort of a big deal about it? It's not something that the SA is going to wave around the courtroom making slashing motions with? Autopsy seemed to indicate that Caylee probably was not shot stabbed or subjected to trauma, nor was she dismembered. So the kitchen knife was simply in the car. Nothing more than evidence of KC's live out of her car lifestyle. The SA would not be calling much attention to it if any, simply because it is a lousy piece of evidence. It has no forensics. Was cleaned by CA so they might not have gotten the right one back, and there is no indication it was used in the crime? Attempting to do anything more than listing it on the list of things reported found in the car would be insane for the SA. It would be giving the defense a piece of dodgy evidence to grandstand over. Heck thinking on it some more I can't imagine why the defense would want it eliminated now? Having it used at trial would allow them some courtroom theatrics that they just will not be able to get from the more solid actual evidence?
    Because Casey told them something about the knife that would be detrimental to the case and he's scared the SA knows, too?

Because the knife was used for some unrelated nefarious deed and Baez doesn't want the SA to even go there?

Because Baez is desperate to win *something* so his girl will be proud of him once more?

Because "logical" isn't wired into Baez's mind?
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

4. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    ITA with everything you've said, faefrost. And on top of all that, I've always wondered how and who decided that was the exact knife that was the one in the car. As I understand it, it was one of a set of several, had been washed and put back in the drawer; how could anyone be certain it was even the same knife?
    This was early in the investigation before LE became fully aware of some of CA's antics such as the dogs brush. Cindy said this was the knife. They took her word for it. There was never anything related to the kife that would have had them go back and re-examine it or the full set.

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:

Maybe LE examined all of them and just returned all but the one which had the fabric pieces attached.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Because Casey told them something about the knife that would be detrimental to the case and he's scared the SA knows, too?

Because the knife was used for some unrelated nefarious deed and Baez doesn't want the SA to even go there?

Because Baez is desperate to win *something* so his girl will be proud of him once more?

Because "logical" isn't wired into Baez's mind?

because he's trying to draw attention away from something else?
    somethings just make you go "hmmmm" others make you say "seriously dude...really??" but often it is best to remain silent

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Marshmallow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Maybe LE examined all of them and just returned all but the one which had the fabric pieces attached.
    This is what I am hoping. I can't believe LE would be stupid enough to just take Cindy Anthony at her word. I believe they took that whole dang drawer just in case. So why worry about a knife, then? It almost sounds like these motions are to try to draw out the prosecution to see what they have, you know, that mysterious stuff they aren't sharing with the defense for some nefarious reason *huge eyeroll*

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
    Apparantly not.

Against what's left of my better judgement...

There's a new thread here moving from "General" discussion to a specific topic re: relevancy of Casey's Lies, Stealing & Social/Sex Life.

There's an invisible sign that only the mods can see over that thread that reads, "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here". :HBwhiteflag:

Will do what we can to sort this out. Just do your part to post w/ TOS in mind and keep the nightmare PG-rated. TIA.
    In the most respectful manner, I read your post and broke out into song!!

"Because you're mine - I walk the line......"

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
    because he's trying to draw attention away from something else?
    You could be so right - we do know Baez creates drama and lets off a few fireworks when he doesn't want us to notice the main act that is hiding behind the curtain.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Did we see any forensics come back indicating they found anything on the knife? I am pretty sure that we have all of the LE and prosecution forensic reports back. I don't think there are anymore hidden surprises in that regard, outside of some autopsy specifics such as photos. So if we have not found anything big about the knife in the document dumps, its probably nothing more than what it seems. just another piece of household junk that KC tossed in her car and couldn't be bothered to take out. Along with other stuff such as dirty laundry, shoes, household garbage and her daughters decomposing body.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:

I was googling for info on the knife when I came across this picture at http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey..._6_2009?Page=0

At first I thought it just looked like a regular knife from a steak knife set but then I looked at the scale below. It looks like that knife is about 16 inches long. That's no dinner or steak knife. (I measured mine and they're only 10 inches.) I do have a fancy carving set that's one large fork and one large knife ~ I'm wondering if this is the kind of "set" that the Anthony's knife came from and why they knew which knife (from the "set") was the exact one that was in the car.

This might answer that question but, in turn, presents a new one. What the heck was she doing with such a large knife like that in her car? She sure wasn't spreading any peanut butter and jelly on crackers for Caylee with that huge thing!!!! moo
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

Yep, way to draw attention to the 'previously not' but now 'oh so' suspicious knife JOSE!
    Put down the pitchfork and back away from the monitor ..

22. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I was googling for info on the knife when I came across this picture at http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey..._6_2009?Page=0

At first I thought it just looked like a regular knife from a steak knife set but then I looked at the scale below. It looks like that knife is about 16 inches long. That's no dinner or steak knife. (I measured mine and they're only 10 inches.) I do have a fancy carving set that's one large fork and one large knife ~ I'm wondering if this is the kind of "set" that the Anthony's knife came from and why they knew which knife (from the "set") was the exact one that was in the car.

This might answer that question but, in turn, presents a new one. What the heck was she doing with such a large knife like that in her car? She sure wasn't spreading any peanut butter and jelly on crackers for Caylee with that huge thing!!!! moo
    The scale on the ruler says it's 6 inches long. I'd say that knife is, at best, 10 inches.

24. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:

If you look, that is a 6 inch ruler, I believe. Regular table knife.

26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SondraK For This Useful Post:

Hinky's Discovery lists it as a dinner knife.

"OCSO property form for items recovered from car including mama doll, Dora backpack, dinner knife, blue plastic crate, KC’s black leather bag, Caylee’s toothbrush; and recovery of laptop and power cord, plastic clothes hangers (possibly from car) and “various papers”; trash bag from trunk – all recovered on 7/16/08 (230-231)"

Drat. It would have been so much more interesting had it been a machete.
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    The scale on the ruler says it's 6 inches long. I'd say that knife is, at best, 10 inches.
    OMGosh; I am so sorry! And guess what? I already had my cataract surgery done earlier this year. Guess those SmartLens they put in aren't so smart after all!

30. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

Of the boyfriends who were deposed, who said that KC spent the night and the 3 of them (boyfriend, KC and Caylee) were in the same bed?
    Thanks

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathy1964 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy1964 View Post
    Of the boyfriends who were deposed, who said that KC spent the night and the 3 of them (boyfriend, KC and Caylee) were in the same bed?
    Thanks
    Ricardo Morales - Page 11 of this: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library...ales072508.pdf
    My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
    The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

JB's "stream of motions" was IMO, timed for maximum impact and news effect. I can almost see his smirk now as he imagined the reaction and news coverage that it would garner.

But.... the single motion for sanctions filed by the SA, clearly trumped JB's attempt at "shock and awe" and dropped him "below the fold".

36. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    JB's "stream of motions" was IMO, timed for maximum impact and news effect. I can almost see his smirk now as he imagined the reaction and news coverage that it would garner.

But.... the single motion for sanctions filed by the SA, clearly trumped JB's attempt at "shock and awe" and dropped him "below the fold".

Now I know why we needed that knife. To cut up the red herrings! Yumm Yumm!
    Justice for CAYLEE

38. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to LancelotLink For This Useful Post:

regarding the knife-----was there ever anything in Discovery re: the pocketknife?

cindy---state Depo---July 29 2009

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library...depo072909.pdf

Q Okay. The console, does it have storage?
    A Yes.

Q Did you check inside there for anything?
    A Yes.. I didn't take anything out, though.

Q Okay.
    A There was items in there.

Q That were left there by you and then -
    A Right

Q -- when law enforcement eventually took the
    car --
    A It was in their possession. And I never got
    a receipt for those items.

Q -- those items remained. Do you remember
    anything that could have been in there?

A I know there was change and probably some
    notes or something and there was a pocketknife in the
    console.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Can't wait for January 3rd to roll around and it's gonna come quickly. It's Christmas Eve Day, then Christmas Day, then Boxing Day, then New Years Eve, New Years Day, then put the decorations away, do some vacuuming, compare stories because no one is actually doing any work yet, and then,

BA-DA-BOOM! Do I hear clanking chains and say Hello HHJP?

But unlike ICA in her little cell, I'll be having a good time waiting.

Tick Tock Baez.....buckle up, ya got a tough four months ahead before things really blow up in your face.

42. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Can't wait for January 3rd to roll around and it's gonna come quickly. It's Christmas Eve Day, then Christmas Day, then Boxing Day, then New Years Eve, New Years Day, then put the decorations away, do some vacuuming, compare stories because no one is actually doing any work yet, and then,

BA-DA-BOOM! Do I hear clanking chains and say Hello HHJP?

But unlike ICA in her little cell, I'll be having a good time waiting.

Tick Tock Baez.....buckle up, ya got a tough four months ahead before things really blow up in your face.
    LG - you are too funny!

But you are right . Things are moving at a faster pace. I've got a house to pack up and move in the next few weeks. That ought to make it go quickly for me. But I see a lot of activity coming up with hearings and motions and final depositions. Its going to get very interesting in the next couple of months. I think there are big developments coming.

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone!

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:

Yowsers QB - you are the brave one! Moving!!

Thanks for the Christmas wishes - and many back to you !

We were yakking away on the threads the other day when one of the posters said not long - four and a half months.....B-O-I-N-G! We've all been waiting so long it was a shock to me to hear it's now actually that close.

Time is gonna fly - you are right - action packed leading up to it. I was expecting a slow walk to Christmas, and just look what happened - BAM!
    Lots of news! Here we are!

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Talking

Only five more sleeps!!!

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Only five more sleeps!!!
    ROFL. Sadly, on New Year's Day, I'll be celebrating because it'll be two more days and my boss won't be here, so I'll be able to follow along on WS! WOOT!

50. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast