Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    someone had ca's help in this......
    jmo

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

"Ms. Anthony has been charged with capital first degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer," the motion states. "Evidence that there was a history of lying or stealing does not tend to prove any element of the offenses for which she is charged and, thus, is inadmissible as irrelevant."
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...y-caylee-marie

How is her lying irrelevant? Not one word stated out of her mouth was truth, she readily admits this. She lied and allowed wild goose chases to occur, everyone was looking for Caylee but ICA. Not one valuable word uttered. It's very relevant and I can't wait to hear and watch those State Attorneys argue this and ICA might just loose it during the hearing. She's growing angrier and meaner by the hour. I watched her strut out of this last hearing and had a huge smirk for someone in the audience...I do hope she continues this behavior in front of the jury. She will be hated and it's relevent! JMHO

Justice for Caylee
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man by argument.

William McAdoo

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

I'm still sleeping...this is just a bad mod dream, right?

Apparantly not.

Against what's left of my better judgement...

There's a new thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166"]here[/ame] moving from "General" discussion to a specific topic re: relevancy of Casey's Lies, Stealing & Social/Sex Life.

There's an invisible sign that only the mods can see over that thread that reads, "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here". :HBwhiteflag:

Will do what we can to sort this out. Just do your part to post w/ TOS in mind and keep the nightmare PG-rated. TIA.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BondJamesBond For This Useful Post:

Just as a general comment to all of the motions.

I have to say that these were comical yet the most boring motions that I have read lately. The case laws cited were identical (or nearly identical) for all! As previous posters have pointed out, cookie-cutter and poorly written.

I don't think that CM really believes any of these motions are going to go through. Perhaps he just wants them on the record for appeal later and did not want to lose the opportunity by passing deadlines (which he did anyways!).

I wonder how the Judge is going to receive them. I imagine he will not be too happy to sit through JB and CM whining.
    It's the journey, not the destination.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Casey's collection of 'motions filed' is quite extensive by now and there will be more to come. An inmate is allowed to keep all of his/her legal paperwork in their cell even though there is a limit as to how much personal correspondence they may keep. I do not think she will enjoy reading these last motions filed, and will like Judge Perry's rulings even less.

I try to imagine what Casey might think as she reads these motions and what her reactions are. The road to trial is going to get progressively harder for her, IMO, as she really begins to understand just what all will be said in court about her and that she is powerless to stop it. I will never forget the day in the courtroom where she begged Andrea Lyon to make Ashton stop what he was saying as he was alluding to Casey's face may have been the last one Caylee may have seen. It is high time that Casey is shown just how tough it really is going to be when all sorts of things are said about her in the hearings. I think she is beginning to get a dose of reality. I cannot wait to see what Judge Perry's decisions will be on these motions.

I really think if Mason had his way, he would have Casey seriously consider a deal (not that there is one on the table) for LWOP. No way is Casey or the Anthony's going to make it through a trial without losing it or being held in contempt, IMO.

I am forever anxiously awaiting further developements, LOL.
    You have made some good points here, and I'd like to add - we were wondering what she was furiously writing and yakking about with her Defense team, giving those looks and smirking on her way out.

I guess these motions were the little secret she was gloating about - imagining everyone's expressions. And I'm guessing she is assuming these motions will be granted. Um - no ICA, I don't think so. Too late to reinvent.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Actually, if we could just cut out all the lying, cheating and stealing involved in this case, it would be a mighty short trial, would it not?

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    You have made some good points here, and I'd like to add - we were wondering what she was furiously writing and yakking about with her Defense team, giving those looks and smirking on her way out.

I guess these motions were the little secret she was gloating about - imagining everyone's expressions. And I'm guessing she is assuming these motions will be granted. Um - no ICA, I don't think so. Too late to reinvent.
    I'm so happy you brought up the smirking! I actually wanted to comment on the hearing thread but it has been closed by the mods. I think she knew about the motions (hell, perhaps she is the one who wrote them up...practicing her new future career!). I have also figured out what all of the facial contorting is. She is trying to surpress smiles. She was chewing her lips and pulling her mouth back, but this time her eyes were definitely smiling...and you hit the nail on the head as to why!
    It's the journey, not the destination.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
    I'm so happy you brought up the smirking! I actually wanted to comment on the hearing thread but it has been closed by the mods. I think she knew about the motions (hell, perhaps she is the one who wrote them up...practicing her new future career!). I have also figured out what all of the facial contorting is. She is trying to surpress smiles. She was chewing her lips and pulling her mouth back, but this time her eyes were definitely smiling...and you hit the nail on the head as to why!
    Oh good - glad you agree. I had this sense of a kind of weird dishelvelment (that might not be an actual word) and excitement about her she was having trouble keeping down. It wasn't like but was similar to that look on her face when she was first arrested. Just not as blatant, but she was definitely excited about something and could barely contain it.

I just remember watching her and thinking - hmmm something is up, and it's not what's happening in this hearing.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

I find it very patronizing the way they put interviewed in quotes. "So and so was 'interviewed' by so and so. Please. It's as if they are implying they really waterboarded them or something.
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-22-2010 at 11:25 AM.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Snaz is offline "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion
    Just heard on the local news that a hearing has been scheduled for January 3 at 1:30 p.m. to hear these motions.
    "Judge, Mr, Ashton is laughing at me..... " ~ Jose Baez, Closing Argument 7/3/11 (Paraphrased, of course!)

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Snaz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    Just heard on the local news that a hearing has been scheduled for January 3 at 1:30 p.m. to hear these motions.
    Are they going to be able to argue all these motions in three hours? I better be able to get some live stream by then..

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Are they going to be able to argue all these motions in three hours? I better be able to get some live stream by then..
    I don't know, but it sure will be fun watching ICA squirm and make faces at the evil prosecution.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moe For This Useful Post:

Mops, anyone? The state is going to make very short order of these motions.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Yes, Stawberry, three minutes each motion would be generous. For edification today, and entertaintment...

watch what I jokingly refer to as Mrs. Linda Drane-Burdick mopping the floor with the defense silly motions. First, friend, sit your drink down!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5J_ObjkTw[/ame]

I love Mrs. Drane Burdick at this six minute mark, I think she sums up the entire case...
    "It is a farce!"
    "The defense efforts do not even come close to the legal requirements necessary for the court to even entertain the motions,
    their motions are replete with errors from top to bottom, it is insufficient as a matter of law,
    there has not even been a good faith effort, clearly, according to case law,
    and the court should not even entertain the motion."

Guess what? Judge Strickland concurred.
    Last edited by The World According; 12-22-2010 at 03:36 PM.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I don't know, but it sure will be fun watching ICA squirm and make faces at the evil prosecution.
    Oh I don't know that three hours will do, but HHJP has said on several occasions he is happy to work evenings! Mr. Ashton also - Mr. Baez and Mr. Mason - not so much....

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Why even enter a motion regarding the kitchen knife? Why make any sort of a big deal about it? It's not something that the SA is going to wave around the courtroom making slashing motions with? Autopsy seemed to indicate that Caylee probably was not shot stabbed or subjected to trauma, nor was she dismembered. So the kitchen knife was simply in the car. Nothing more than evidence of KC's live out of her car lifestyle. The SA would not be calling much attention to it if any, simply because it is a lousy piece of evidence. It has no forensics. Was cleaned by CA so they might not have gotten the right one back, and there is no indication it was used in the crime? Attempting to do anything more than listing it on the list of things reported found in the car would be insane for the SA. It would be giving the defense a piece of dodgy evidence to grandstand over. Heck thinking on it some more I can't imagine why the defense would want it eliminated now? Having it used at trial would allow them some courtroom theatrics that they just will not be able to get from the more solid actual evidence?

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast