Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

AdoraBlue is offline I've been known to be a little too "woo-woo."
    I predict that KC and/or CA will have a "mini-stroke" when they read this motion. Reality bites. JMO

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AdoraBlue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TiaM View Post
    I also had to laugh at the couple of times the SA used the word "thwarted" in the response.

Anyone think that was on purpose? LOL
    Oh yes. That was definite snark left in that response. And they did it twice to get the point across to Baez. LOL.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    Assuming that Judge Perry rules in favor of the State and allows everything admitted to trial, what will be JB's next move? Can he/will he object to the court's ruling?
    The only thing he could do after the Court entered a ruling would be to file a motion to reconsider. This could go on 4ever. Until the next time Judge Perry

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

You know what? It is so very reassuring to know that us WSrs have been right on the money. From what I read in that motion, the State's analysis of KC's behavior parallels ours here!

8. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Iris View Post
    There is no doubt that the state is ready to rock and roll.

As a matter of fact, if memory serves me "half right", I seem to recall a hearing, maybe even as far back as when Judge Strickland was in charge, and a hearing date was brought up.

Either Mr. George or Mr. Ashton, at that time, told that their office was in the middle of handling XXX amount of cases, and, that they could be, or, would be ready to make this a "go" at any time.

The defense was again being cry babies about how they needed much more time to get their stuff together.

Anyone else remember that conversation that day?
    TIA ~

And, as a side note:
    Regarding that "My Caylee is Missing" cryout.

Cindy mentions that Casey claims to want her freedom, etc., and this info came from Casey's friends.
    So, Cindy had been on the phone calling and trying to track them down. {which we knew}.

But, it also points to her having telephone numbers, or at least address' that she could track people down that knew Casey ~ But, still no Nanny.
    I also noted when rereading it she said "no money no future". She knew ICA didn't have a job. IMO

10. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

I have to admit I could not exactly place the thwarted reference when you smarty pantses mentioned it. WHen I googled it and saw "thwarted by traffic" I remembered and LOLed. That is sooooo funny.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

What a pleasure this is after reading all the trash motions that come from the defense side. Thank you Mr. George.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SunnyinMO For This Useful Post:

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I have to admit I could not exactly place the thwarted reference when you smarty pantses mentioned it. WHen I googled it and saw "thwarted by traffic" I remembered and LOLed. That is sooooo funny.
    The idea that the State can maintain a sense of humor in the midst of what has to be gut wrenching work makes me love them all the more. I believe Caylee's little star will be twinkling brightly when "her side" of the story is told.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

16. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Iris View Post
    There is no doubt that the state is ready to rock and roll.

As a matter of fact, if memory serves me "half right", I seem to recall a hearing, maybe even as far back as when Judge Strickland was in charge, and a hearing date was brought up.

Either Mr. George or Mr. Ashton, at that time, told that their office was in the middle of handling XXX amount of cases, and, that they could be, or, would be ready to make this a "go" at any time.

The defense was again being cry babies about how they needed much more time to get their stuff together.

Anyone else remember that conversation that day?
    TIA ~

And, as a side note:
    Regarding that "My Caylee is Missing" cryout.

Cindy mentions that Casey claims to want her freedom, etc., and this info came from Casey's friends.
    So, Cindy had been on the phone calling and trying to track them down. {which we knew}.

But, it also points to her having telephone numbers, or at least address' that she could track people down that knew Casey ~ But, still no Nanny.
    BBM.

Nuff said!
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

What does everyone make of the "little angel" in quotes in reference to Cindy looking for Caylee? Is that a pot shot? Or, I mean, was that necessary? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SA, all of them, and this motion is a dream come true for me, but that one little thing, I don't know, it kinda hurt. Could they have said it another way? Or was it supposed to hurt? What do you all think?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gnatcatcher For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    What does everyone make of the "little angel" in quotes in reference to Cindy looking for Caylee? Is that a pot shot? Or, I mean, was that necessary? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SA, all of them, and this motion is a dream come true for me, but that one little thing, I don't know, it kinda hurt. Could they have said it another way? Or was it supposed to hurt? What do you all think?
    Definitely a potshot at Cindy since she used those words to describe Caylee in her Myspace post. I think it was meant to show how far she's come, from Caylee being her little angel to nothing. See Cindy, she mattered to you once, you loved her once. What happened to that? It's something she needs to think about.

I think it was also meant to point out that Caylee is an angel now, no matter how much Cindy protests. And yes, it does hurt because we all know how she became an angel, and it was a horrible death by the hands of her own mother, and the SA is not going to let the defense and their smoke and mirrors overshadow that, not one bit.

This is Cindy's wake up call. It's to let her know that no matter what she does in court to cya for Casey, it will be Caylee at the center of the matter, Caylee who was the innocent angel that deserved to have a life, Caylee that matters and not Casey, who doesn't deserve the air she breathes.

Oh yeah it was a deliberate shot at the defense and the A's. As we have discussed above, this entire motion has the voice of trial about it. Not simply arguing the law, but finally arguing the crime, the victim and the actions and statements of the participants. Was quoting CA's self published "little angel" and "like a dogged detective" comments a low blow? I'm not sure I would go that far. But they are a strong powerful loud message that the state is no longer playing games. They are here to represent Cindy's little angel when and where no one else will. Yeah it may be overly dramatic, but deservedly so at this point. The SA used the very words that the defense is looking to suppress as an element of their pleading.

The state just fired a major warning shot across the defenses bow. "This is how it is going to go from here. We know where your client has been. We know what she has been doing. We know every lie she told, every dollar she stole, every bed she slept in. We know what her family relations really were. we know what they thought and did. We know who's fault this all is, and we will prove it under a microscope. Now would probably be a good time to truly have that soul wrenching talk with your client about her real chances and options. This is no longer a game in front of the news cameras. This is the murder of a precious little girl named Caylee by her own mother."

Quote Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
    Oh yeah it was a deliberate shot at the defense and the A's. As we have discussed above, this entire motion has the voice of trial about it. Not simply arguing the law, but finally arguing the crime, the victim and the actions and statements of the participants. Was quoting CA's self published "little angel" and "like a dogged detective" comments a low blow? I'm not sure I would go that far. But they are a strong powerful loud message that the state is no longer playing games. They are here to represent Cindy's little angel when and where no one else will. Yeah it may be overly dramatic, but deservedly so at this point. The SA used the very words that the defense is looking to suppress as an element of their pleading.

The state just fired a major warning shot across the defenses bow. "This is how it is going to go from here. We know where your client has been. We know what she has been doing. We know every lie she told, every dollar she stole, every bed she slept in. We know what her family relations really were. we know what they thought and did. We know who's fault this all is, and we will prove it under a microscope. Now would probably be a good time to truly have that soul wrenching talk with your client about her real chances and options. This is no longer a game in front of the news cameras. This is the murder of a precious little girl named Caylee by her own mother."
    At what point will KC give up the lie(s) and confess for a plea deal? Standing at the end of the hall at Universal, the very last second she had - that is when she will (if at all). The biggest question here, is it worth maintaining the "image" that KC has been trying to portray of being a victim of Zanny; or is it worth taking the consequences of the death penalty?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Hi Gnatctcher,
    I didn't see it that way at all. They were directly quoting cindy's myspace, and I found it both very respectful of cindy's feelings (at the time she was missing caylee), and caylee, the true victim in all of this. As I said upthread, what I found most interesting about this motion is it's our first glimpse at how the state will handle cindy. They're quoting her, treating her like a hero (having the "dogged determination of a police detective"), while at the same time, slipping it in there that police detectives are doggedly determined. They're aligning cindy with "good" in this case, and I think she'll play right into their hands. I just don't see the use of the phrase "little angel" was a low blow, quite the opposite actually. They're putting caylee up on a pedestal, IMO. Funny how we can both read the same thing and come away with totally different impressions, huh?

Did the defense not understand that the SA were not saying Casey's tattoo, sleeping with Tony, etc. meant she was low brow and therefore a murderer? It was obvious to me the SA were mentioning these things in light of the info Casey volunteered - that she was doing her own investigation? Were the defense being obtuse on purpose, or did they really not get that? Who knows...
    Justice for GEORGE!

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

I didn't see it as a potshot at all! I think they are buttering her up so she will be less hostile. Or maybe to show that with all she's done, she isn't the one who killed Caylee; that ICA is the one that needs to be help accountable. But I am naive so I could be wrong. It's happened.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    Did the defense not understand that the SA were not saying Casey's tattoo, sleeping with Tony, etc. meant she was low brow and therefore a murderer? It was obvious to me the SA were mentioning these things in light of the info Casey volunteered - that she was doing her own investigation? Were the defense being obtuse on purpose, or did they really not get that? Who knows...
    I think they were making the only argument they could. They have these facts--these very ugly facts--about their client's behavior while her child was missing/"kidnapped." The ugly coping idea didn't fly; its next iteration is that the SA are making unfounded judgments about KC. In the penalty phase we will see these same actions explained away by blaming them on her upbringing or some mental defect.

I expect the same result from all three variations... IMO, HHJP will allow all but the Rusciano evidence in. This dog won't hunt, no matter what collar you put on it.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I didn't see it as a potshot at all! I think they are buttering her up so she will be less hostile. Or maybe to show that with all she's done, she isn't the one who killed Caylee; that ICA is the one that needs to be help accountable. But I am naive so I could be wrong. It's happened.
    ETA: It might have also been an attempt to snap CA back to where she was when Caylee was first missing...wake her out of her denial. Although people thought that would happen after the bond hearing, and when the trunk evidence came in, and when Caylee was found so it's not going to work.

33. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

^ Yes, their approach with Cindy is to treat her with sympathy, kindness and respect and bring her back in line behind the truth of what happened with Caylee, the 911 Hearing showed how effective this strategy is with her. Brilliant of them.
    Put down the pitchfork and back away from the monitor ..

35. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I thought it was unnecessary and was stooping to the defense's level of being snarky. Maybe they didn't mean it that way, but that's how I took it. They could have made their point with out the term, imo.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

I believe the "little Angel" reference was due to the myspace posting. I believe they need not have sympathy towards the grandparents, their sympathies lie with Caylee Marie. It appears they use Caylee's name more than anyone in that courtroom. This trial is all about Caylee Marie and the one who sits accused of her murder...everyone/thing else is collateral damage...Caylee Marie, front and center..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

39. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

See I still don't think they were being snarky because of the context of the sentence. They were saying how CA was pursuing the truth about the welfare of her "little angel". If they wanted to be snarky they would have said something about CA failing to go on searches for her "little angel". I don't know how to explain what I mean...it would have inferred that CA called her an angel but didn't act like she cared or something. I myself have a sarcastic sense of humor and can usually spot sarcasm and that just didn't happen here. In fact I found it touching.

41. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

It would not matter how SA presented it, if CA choses to believe they were being snarly she will do so no matter how SA put it into the context of their sentence. I think it sounds like "hey people, just focus on the real victim here". Clearly, though, it was meant to make an impact. CA had two choices, support her granddaughter or support her daughter. She can't do both. CA also stated many times that she wants the truth but when presented with the truth denies it is possible and then goes into coverup mode. LE/SA have only tried to do their job in investigating this crime. CA is the one who has made them sound like public enemy number one. SA has a tough job. jmo

43. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

All I know is I hope HHJP rules on these soon...hopefully today! Up in the news thread it says the defense is asking for money. Did they read the response and say oh ##$@ we better get some real work done?

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

I didn't find it to be snarky at all. Sometimes the truth hurts. The State's job is not to be nice. Their job is not to make the facts of this case any less painful. Caylee Marie is dead. Duct tape was wrapped around this poor babies mouth/nose area. She was thrown away like trash in the woods just down the street from the safety of her home. She was left out there in extreme Florida heat... Thunderstorms and a Tropical Storm that left behind record amounts of rain. Animals fed off of her little body, dragging her tiny bones over a pretty large area. 6 months of dark, lonely nights she layed out in those woods. There is NOTHING nice about what happened to Caylee.

MOO

ETA: An estimated 177 days she was left out in those woods (I believe she was thrown out there on the 18th or 19th of June 2008)
    Last edited by LolaMoon08; 01-20-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast