1041 users online (195 members and 846 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 201
  1. #1
    DaughterAlice's Avatar
    DaughterAlice is offline ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    512

    Casey's Lies, Stealing, Social/Sex Life: "Irrelevant and Scandalous"

    The defense moves to have KC's sex life, and tales of her lying & stealing excluded from testimony.

    Story here:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/26198041/detail.html

    Does anyone else find this laughable? I can't wait to see JP's reaction!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,873
    ...as the moderator contemplates how well this thread is gonna go.

    Pls behave.

  3. #3
    DaughterAlice's Avatar
    DaughterAlice is offline ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
    ...as the moderator contemplates how well this thread is gonna go.

    Pls behave.
    Thanks BJB! I hesitated to even use the S-E-X word, but it's in the story!

    Okay, gotta get to work now . . .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,978
    I suppose they wouldnt be doing their jobs if they didnt try this. those pics taken after 26 June 2008 are most assuredly relevant and so are her lies during that time.

    after all if she'd told the full truth all along and spent every day from the day caylee was "lost" as a weeping, hysterical mess.....she wouldnt be facing the needle would she?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    13,613
    Take Casey's lies, stealing and sex life out of her daily existence, and all you have left is her sitting around doing nothing and watching the occasional bit of TV ... oh hang on, that's all she does now! Look, of course they don't want it all coming into trial, it makes her look bad, but then not as bad as the 31 days, missing Caylee, evidence of decomp in the trunk, and the Zanny the Nanny story. I don't think the defense will be able to keep all of it out, but I'm not convinced the state needs any of it in either.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by DaughterAlice View Post
    Thanks BJB! I hesitated to even use the S-E-X word, but it's in the story!

    Okay, gotta get to work now . . .
    LOL. Uh huh. Like I'm buyin' the whole routine.

    I understand...you had no choice in the matter just reportin' the news.

    ...then *poof*off to work

    Leaving it for now...but keeping a finger on the 'close thread' button when/if it turns into completely non-[re]productive ranting, etc. Starting a pool in the mod forum on how long this will take:

    So far: BJB = $5 on 15 mins

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
    ...as the moderator contemplates how well this thread is gonna go.

    Pls behave.
    LOL. I saw the title and was like, oh boy, this is big ol' can of worms opening up! But I'll be good, I promise.

    I think, at the very least, her having sex with Tony, what was it the night of the 16th, should come in to show how little she regarded Caylee. Where was Caylee while this was going on, Casey? Obviously you weren't doing the deed right in front of her...

    The only way I can definitely see past sexual experiences coming in is if the state is going to try and show a pattern to Caylee's care and Casey's activities to show what a not great mom Casey was to Caylee. Basically, bring it in to undercut MOTY's credibility. Now she lied so much during the investigation and was convicted of theft, so I can't see those not coming in. That would surprise me. Anyway, I'm not sure they need the past sexual stuff with everything else in this case, but I can see them considering it, especially if Baez tries to say Casey is pure as the driven snow and would never do anything wrong, including lying, stealing, and killing Caylee.

    I really really REALLY hope he's that stupid in court. That opens the door to the state bringing in a lot of stuff to prove him wrong...including the fact that she's, oh, CONVICTED of stealing. Gonna be hard to get past those what, 7 counts on the record right now? And she lied to LE, who would be happy to get on the stand and testify about that. The lying and stealing have to be in. The past sexual stuff is a maybe to me at this point.

    Isn't there a ruling to that effect that can be brought up? Some evidence can only be brought in the defense opens that door? I know that's not the legalese wording, sorry...
    Last edited by Aedrys; 12-22-2010 at 09:14 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,721
    I think her mistruths are very relevant since she told so many lies to LE after CA called LE with her imfamous, I found my daughters car today and it smells like a there's been a dead body in the damn car! Not one word of truth out of the mouth of an alleged mother who's child has been allegedly missing for 31 days! Very relevent, it will stay in the proceedings..

    I don't remember if ICA's party photos were kept in evidence? It goes to the same frame of mind/state of mind..JMHO

    Justice for Caylee
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man by argument.

    William McAdoo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,247
    Are they trying to erase her history of all these bad deeds in order to present the theory that "something" happened to Casey when Caylee was taken from her? They can't erase the lies that she, herself, put on official records but they might try to say Casey used to be a fine person but when she lost Caylee she suffered a break in reality?

    Are they going to try to lead the jury to believe all the scandalous and inappropriate behavior only started because she, too, was a victim? (It so matches the Rapunzel hair!)
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    oklahoma/heart of tornado alley
    Posts
    574
    oh yes the lying the stealing at least are VERY revelant!
    (didn't ica HERSELF say she will lie and steal and do whatever to get her daughter back?sorry guys i couldnt resist that last line)
    the lying and stealing were going on way before caylee disappeared, so its not like caylees gone, poof she snaps and steals friends and loved ones blind, been going on WAY before caylee disappeared and truth be told, probably before shed been born.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,614

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by DaughterAlice View Post
    The defense moves to have KC's sex life, and tales of her lying & stealing excluded from testimony.

    Story here:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/26198041/detail.html

    Does anyone else find this laughable? I can't wait to see JP's reaction!!
    I briefly read a snippet from this motion last night. It said that testimony about her lying was irrelevant, and it mentioned charges of providing false information to police. Umm, color me clueless but how is lying irrelevant to lying??

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL area
    Posts
    2,406
    How Ironic that the defense wants to bring in all Kronk's prior bad acts but keep out all KC's prior 'bad acts'!

    I can see the Judge allowing all mention of her sex life prior to Jun 16th to be kept out, I think that is a possibility. However, from June 16th on, her behavior is extremely relevent as most of us have said here on WS over and over. I would not be surprised if the motion in regards to TonE was because they do not want him testifying about how she woke up in the middle of the night, sweating, crying and shaking (wasn't that what he said?)

    I can see the Judge granting the motion about the other Tony, that really doesn't have anything to do with the case, more of a window into her 'normal behavior'.

    Maybe that is what the State is trying to do with these guys and all the other witnesses about her lying and stealing! Showing that her behavior before Caylee went missing and her behavior after did not change in any way. She went right on doing what she had been doing all along with no concern for her missing daughter. You know that just might be what the defense is trying to prevent the jury from hearing and seeing.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,721
    What timing? His Honor is on vacation next week, he mentions this to the court at this last hearing for sealing the penalty phase witnessess, so this cuts 5 days from His Honor getting to these motions. I understand the defense has a schedule to keep but their timing couldn't be worse! I don't think this will make the court happy...JMHO


    Justice for Caylee
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man by argument.

    William McAdoo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,721
    Quote Originally Posted by machushla
    How Ironic that the defense wants to bring in all Kronk's prior bad acts but keep out all KC's prior 'bad acts'!
    You say ironic, I say hypocrits! Each and everyone one of them with ICA at the helm...Maybe these were the oders ICA barked at the defense as she left the courtroom, get those motions in, ya' hear me! LMAO IMO, this has ICA written allllll over it. It's what she wants....JMHO



    Justice for Caylee
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man by argument.

    William McAdoo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Baez, your CLIENT is irrelevant and scandalous. Does that throw the entire case out for you? It should. Hell, her own family has made Caylee irrelevant and have been nothing but scandalous in doing so - you going to do a motion to throw them out too?

    Irrelevant and scandalous. You're worried more about your already tarnished client being shown for what she truly is in court? In effect, you want to lie about who and what Casey is and steal Caylee's innocence and sweep her under the rug to try in vain to get that miracle acquittal? What a piece of work you are, Baez...you and Mason...

    I hope HHJP gets so mad at them for doing this at the last minute that they get nothing but big fat denials for Christmas!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. "Beautiful Life? - The CSI Behind the Casey Anthony Trial" by Robyn Walensky
    By zippitydoda in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 12:42 AM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  3. "Everyone Lies, Everyone Dies" - Casey's MS, "Diary of Days", Blog Entry
    By wallflower67 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 222
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 10:01 PM