1112 users online (233 members and 879 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Teen taken for psych eval for park ritual/"invoking the beast"

This story brings up so many issues. I'm the last person in the world who wants to see a teen performing demonic rituals. However, where do civil rights come in? What exactly are a 15 year old's rights when it comes to following a faith or path of his choosing? I would think that the ACLU would be all over this. Consider what would have happened if he'd instead grabbed his bible, rosary, or Buddhist prayer beads. Would he have been taken in for an eval? I doubt it. I have to wonder where he learned the ritual and whether he is a member of a group of serious practitioners or so-called "dabblers". I noticed that he might have hurt his mother in pulling away from her but he wasn't charged with a crime and taken to juvenile detention. He was taken to the hospital. Lots to think about here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_799854.html

Teen Performing Devil Worship Ritual In Gurnee [IL] Taken For Psychological Evaluation

"Officers took a teen from north suburban Gurnee, Ill. for a psychological evaluation after finding him engaging in a Satanic ritual in a public park. After having an argument with his mother, the 15-year-old left his house with a knife, telling her he was headed to the garage to cut up some veal for a "devil-worshipping ritual...."

and

"....He then went to nearby Gowe Park, behind Warren Township High School. When police found him there, he was burning candles and had drawn a pentagram in the ground in charcoal..."

and

He told officers he was "trying to invoke the beast."

more at link

By "invoking the Beast" in Illinois, I would have thought that meant summoning up the spirit of Chicago's late Mayor Daley.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    By "invoking the Beast" in Illinois, I would have thought that meant summoning up the spirit of Chicago's late Mayor Daley.

Ya think we can spring him after he got 302'd?

In all fairness and I'm in a being fair mood for some reason. In all fairness if the kid put on a veil and grabbed a rosary and a knife and was going to chop up my veal to go summon Mother Cabrini I'd have called the cops.

Teens with knives summoning things in public parks aren't criminals but they sure might need a lil evaluation. I'm guessing the mom didn't want to press any charges and the wrist wasn't too bad.

He's 15. Back in the day he'd have no rights. Period. Let alone the right for a ritual. In three years he can go summon whoever or whatever he wants.

Knife+Veal+Teen Angst+Hoodie Escape =Psych Evaluation. The food is better in a psych hospital. You get meds and counseling that is all about you. They locked that kid up in just jail for 48 hours until he was processed he'd probably be praying to someone else besides some beast to get him the heck outta there.

Three years. That's all he has to go. Plus we're not getting a back story. Maybe it violates his rights? Probably. The ACLU is too busy doing whatever it is they think they're doing.

So that's the equation/eligibility factors they use now for a teen hold, Filly? Sad to say in Oregon, you have to get a secure transport (locked van) to Portland--but first there has to be a "team meeting" to determine that it is truly necessary. We have no secure child or teen mental health beds in Southern Oregon. I assumed the veal was in the garage. I thought that only candles and a pentagram were at the park. But hey, those candles can be dangerous. If only I could have gotten a "hold" for some of my kids when they were off their rocker. If I were his mom, I'd have a lot of questions before they sent him home to me.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    So that's the equation/eligibility factors they use now for a teen hold, Filly? Sad to say in Oregon, you have to get a secure transport (locked van) to Portland--but first there has to be a "team meeting" to determine that it is truly necessary. We have no secure child or teen mental health beds in Southern Oregon. I assumed the veal was in the garage. I thought that only candles and a pentagram were at the park. But hey, those candles can be dangerous. If only I could have gotten a "hold" for some of my kids when they were off their rocker. If I were his mom, I'd have a lot of questions before they sent him home to me.

Sad. Sad. Sad.
    Izzy thank goodness I don't know how that works. I don't want to know. I never had to call out the big dogs and get the girl child psych evaluated.

Using the term "off their rocker" can get ya evaluated. That's one my Gram used to use, but thankfully not for any of us.

Honestly I feel bad for the kid and his candles. I feel for all these young people anymore. Look you have me steeped in the headless goats so I can only pray this family has got some help.

I think we're in agreement, Filly. Just odd that he didn't curse at her and take off for the evening. Why veal? Who has a freezer full of veal in the garage? My guess is that he's learned these little rituals from somewhere. That worries me.

And between you and me and the fence post, please, please do not let Ashlanders know that satanism might possibly be a protected practice. Because if they get wind of it, we'll have to work that too into our holiday/solstice/labyrinth assembly on the last day before Winter Break. At least they close it with the Beatles, "Here Comes the Sun".

Something for everybody in Ashland. Except veal. That would never fly. Well, free range, maybe.