FL - NW FL Authorities seek help identifying daycare

tabacue

Reaction score
I found this this morning in my local online paper. Very little information but really curious.

Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a daycare in Escambia or Santa Rosa counties that was attended by a child considered to be endangered.

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=39325

Hello, neighbor! TY for starting this thread. I saw this yesterday on Rick's Blog and also thought it was curious. Especially as they don't even know which county it is in.

http://ricksblog.biz/?p=13801

I know Detective Wilkinson professionally and know he is a member of the Internet Crimes Against Children Regional Task Force.

PENSACOLA, Florida - They say a picture is worth a thousand words but Pensacola Police hope two photos can provide just one clue; the location of a day care to help identify an endangered girl.

Officers released two photographs in the hope that someone out there can recognize where they were taken.

The pictures are of a changing area and a storage area.

Police say an endangered girl was photographed at this day care sometime within the past five years.

The little girl was around three or four-years-old when she attended the facility.

They're not releasing her picture, but they hope someone can recognize the images of so they can possibly learn the child's identity.

(snip)

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/police-looking-for-endangered-girl

Thanks so much daisy for the other links. I just saw the story this morning and have been trying to get more info...would really like to see some more pictures. Looks like a "family" daycare to me. The picture on the wall looks really familiar to me.

Going to read your links now. Thanks again for posting!

Really, they are gonna have to give the public a little more. I understand the need to protect the child from further harm, and there is the possibility that the pictures are explicit, but this is worse than a needle in a haystack.

Agreed. They definitely need to give more info.

My question is what do they really mean by, "endangered"? Endangered because they have reason to believe she was being abused....maybe DCF (CPS) was involved and lost contact...although if that were the case, they should know the child's identity? Could she potentially be a missing child - non custodial parent situation? Were there others pictures that were explicit that they've come across (as not my kids mentioned). There have been several cases of child *advertiser censored* in this area lately...wonder if it could be tied to that?

???

I agree that it looks to be a "Mom and Pop" daycare facility. I know that with Discovery Point, Kids "R" Kids, Legacy, etc, those are all constructed the same. In going to a lot of daycares to do research, it does not look like a "chain" or Franchised day care.

FWIW, all Florida daycares are inspected by the state including the ones classified as "family day care homes". They have two different types of family day care classifcations...one is simply "family day care home" and the other is "large family day care home". I know it depends on the number of kids, but I wonder if both classifications have routine inspections.

IIRC, a church can run a daycare and the rules are a little different...pretty sure they would still be inspected though. Seems like one of the state inspectors may have a good idea where to start...makes me wonder about staffing. Does the state have someone dedicated to this region or do a handful of people try to handle the whole sate? If it is the latter, probably less likely to recall.

Whatever it is going across the carpet near the cabinets looks like something that could be tripped over....might be something I would notice in a daycare (but I am clumsy so I notice things like that).

This isn't starting out good at all, obviously.

There is a site called tineye, I have never used it, but you put a picture into the site and it pops up everywhere online where that same image is used/stored. That artwork, or drawing, on the wall might be a specific piece and worth throwing in for results.

Are they sure this is a daycare and not a church nursery? Something about that poster of the children looks very "Bible School"-ish to me.

PENSACOLA - Pensacola police need your help identifying a daycare center that may be part of a mystery involving a young girl.

Channel Three's Bill Pearson joins us live from the Pensacola Police station with more.

The police are being very vague about this situation... and that's raising more questions than answers right now.

We do know investigators are trying to figure out what daycare is in some photos... and if a girl in one of those pictures is currently in danger.

(snip)

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_12879.shtml

I predict it will be a daycare employee and not a parent who gives police the tip they need. My kids aren't in daycare, but a parent probably wouldn't see the changing area, right? On the other hand, a current or former employee is likely to remember that poster, as she's likely changed a lot of diapers right under it.

Also, there's a daycare center photo on the main page of the Escambia County Health Department's page, and that could be the very place for all we know. Wherever that daycare is, they have the same nondescript low-pile grayish-blue carpeting and white walls.

http://www.escambiahealth.com/eh/programs/childcare_center.htm

According to the ECHD site, daycares must be inspected twice a year, and the diaper change area is part of that inspection. I hope LE has already called the inspector if this is one of two counties the daycare might have operated in. The inspector might remember what location this was.

An alert parent might notice. My kids have never been in a daycare center, but I can guarantee that if it ever comes to that, I would be familiar with every inch of the place.

Unforunately, all 3 of my boys have been in daycare. I have always toured each and every one completely...changing areas are in the same room as the kids are kept - I believe it is a requirement so the parents would definitely see that area. The storage area could possibly be in an administrative area, so it is possible that a parent might not have seen that.

I want to say that I have seen that poster in a doctor's office...I think it is probably pretty standard (something mass produced). Sherbetjello, I'll have to take a look at that website. I have never seen that before.

I think daycares are inspected at least twice a year...it is actually the Department of Children and Family Services that makes the inspections. If problems are found, they have to be reinspected until they are in compliance (cleanliness, paperwork, safety, etc. are checked).

Tatertot, I think you are right...it definitely could be a nursery. This area of FL has an abundance of worship facilities...and many of them have "for profit" daycare centers during the week as well.

In Georgia, Daycare centers are inspected by the State once a year, normally at the same time of the year - example: every November. If you have the State Funded Pre-k, They get inspected once every 3 months, but they only check your Pre-k areas.

The inspection includes the closets, drawers, changing tables, (if the room has one) bathrooms, toys, cabinets, height of door knobs, everything.

I have worked in daycare centers for about the last 15 years off and on. When I did tours for parents, one of the things that we point out is the changing area. However, when we would change pictures on the walls or change out the mobile hanging above the changing table, only about 5% of the parents noticed.

sooo many questions! how do they know the day care is in Escambia or Santa Rosa county? where did they find these photos in the first place? was the little child edited out of them? oh this is just scary. whoever that child is, i pray they are safe and warm this christmas.

sooo many questions! how do they know the day care is in Escambia or Santa Rosa county? where did they find these photos in the first place? was the little child edited out of them? oh this is just scary. whoever that child is, i pray they are safe and warm this christmas.
True..So many unanswered questions!!

ughhhh...

this reminds me exactly of the chester styles case outta vegas years ago.... same exact thing... police released a photo of a bedroom, and bedspread hoping someone would recognize it, and eventually the photo of an unidentified little girl was given in hopes of learning her identity due to a child *advertiser censored* video that was found...sick sick sick

glad this one is being pursued as the search of the identities of these child victims of child *advertiser censored* seem way to far and few between ....imo

..prayers for this little child...

eta...typo

ughhhh...

this reminds me exactly of the chester styles case outta vegas years ago.... same exact thing... police released a photo of a bedroom, and bedspread hoping someone would recognize it, and eventually the photo of an unidentified little girl was given in hopes of learning her identity due to a child *advertiser censored* video that was found...sick sick sick

i thought of that too!

this case is weighing heavily on my mind. if the only pics they have are these one, how do they even *know* it's a daycare? it could be a church, or heck even someone's house. the investigators are sure holding a lot of info from us. i'm sure they have their reasons for doing so, but it is making sleuthing a lot harder!

you know, florida has a website for child care facilities. surely investigators can mail or e-mail every provider in those two counties with these pictures?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back