1140 users online (230 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Celebrity Lawyer-Mickey Sherman- Goes to Prison

BRIDGEPORT -- For a man who has made his reputation with his mouth, celebrity lawyer Michael "Mickey" Sherman had little to say after a federal judge sentenced him Wednesday to a year and a day in prison for failing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in income tax.

"It is what it is, I took a hunk of money and I'm going to jail," said the 63-year-old Sherman as he left federal court.

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/defa...#ixzz18xwBSMeb
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

I guess I have to give him credit for not making up lame excuses.

I thought he was married to one of the TH's from Bill O'Reilly's show (I can't remember her name) but they make no reference to her, just his ex-wife. I wish my ex paid my mortgage (while I was living with someone else!)

Skakel's att'y jailed MERGED

Well, It appears Mickey Sherman is going to jail for 1 year plus a day for NOT paying his income tax...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/s...wRiQ4MuRThpuEM

HARTFORD, Conn. -- An attorney who represented Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel at his murder trial was sentenced yesterday to one year and one day in federal prison for failing to pay about $420,000 in income taxes.

Yikes, and he still owes a bundle..Where is his defense ???
    Last edited by JBean; 12-26-2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: copyright edit and merge with existing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I guess I have to give him credit for not making up lame excuses.

I thought he was married to one of the TH's from Bill O'Reilly's show (I can't remember her name) but they make no reference to her, just his ex-wife. I wish my ex paid my mortgage (while I was living with someone else!)
    http://www.aeispeakers.com/speakerbi...SpeakerID=2032

You're right! He's married to Lis Wiehl from Fox. I didn't know that.

What an idiot. I'm glad he plead guilty and is accepting the sentence like a man. I bet he'll be a popular guy in the prison - free legal advice for a year!

Welcome to the world of the little people Mr. Sherman. I pay my taxes. I do not act like I am above the rest of the world. Try it sometime.
    Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
    ~ Unknown

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Mickey, Mickey, Mickey!!! Now you owe more than ONE MILLION DOLLARS more than the original amount and have to do time!! You and Jose Baez would make quite a team!! Maybe you should give him a call when you get out of the "big house"!
    Hey-Maybe Jose can keep your seat warm on the Nancy Grace Show while you're paying your dues probably at a "country club" prison!
    Last edited by essies; 12-23-2010 at 11:00 PM.

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

This is startling news to me...how dumb/careless of him!

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Sherman[/ame]

Trivia: I believe he is a nephew of Allan Sherman ("Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh..."):

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Sherman[/ame]

ETA: I also believe he was a fav on this very forum, and for good reason.

I always liked how he "managed" his interview moments on Nancy Grace's show.

He is scheduled to report to prison in March.

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/defa...#ixzz190PeEVsH

In March?!

So like, he gets three months to prepare and get his affairs in order or something? I've never heard of being scheduled to report to prison.

Also, what does this do to his career? He gets disbarred right?

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Guys,

Mickey Sherman is one of the nicest guys out there to work with.

He is always willing to do an interview or to do a chat.

This is so frustrating because, I mean, what a DUMBA**.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I am saddened and stunned. Mickey has always been one of my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    He is scheduled to report to prison in March.

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/defa...#ixzz190PeEVsH

In March?!

So like, he gets three months to prepare and get his affairs in order or something? I've never heard of being scheduled to report to prison.

Also, what does this do to his career? He gets disbarred right?
    That is about how long it takes normally before an inmate reports to federal prison. The court turns it over to the Bureau of Prisons after they are sentenced, the BOP takes so much time to notify you where you are to report and then they tell you when to report. All in all it can take 2 to 3 months. He probably scheduled the timing with his plea agreement and it really isn't unusual.
    An inmate that is sentenced to a year and a day is eligible for early release. An inmate that serves less than that is not eligible, so in reality a year and day sentence will be shorter than a year sentence.
    Last edited by JBean; 12-24-2010 at 03:12 AM.

Wait to report is not all that uncommon...

I'm still just so stunned that he let his personal tax matters get like THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    That is about how long it takes normally before an inmate reports to federal prison. The court turns it over to the Bureau of Prisons after they are sentenced, the BOP takes so much time to notify you where you are to report and then they tell you when to report. All in all it can take 2 to 3 months. He probably scheduled the timing with his plea agreement and it really isn't unusual.
    An inmate that is sentenced to a year and a day is eligible for early release. An inmate that serves less than that is not eligible, so in reality a year and day sentence will be shorter than a year sentence.
    I think Martha Stewart was one of the few (public anyways) figures who said just get it over with and went immediately. I had a new respect for her at that point on.

wow this sentence seems excessive, is it the norm?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast