1215 users online (208 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

NY - Betty 'Jackie' Williams, 28, found strangled in suitcase, Harlem, 22 Dec 2010

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/23/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Police are searching for a suspect caught on a surveillance video seen rolling a suitcase later found to contain the body of a 28 year-old woman, officials said.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Video of Man in Harlem Suitcase Body Dumping Released by NYPD

excerpt

"Police sources said the victim is 28-year-old Betty Williams from the Bronx. The Medical Examiner says whoever killed her strangled her to death.

"Our investigative premise [is] that the body was brought there and left at that location, rather than the murder happening in the immediate vicinity," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly told WCBS."

video & more at http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...84-504083.html
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I hope with the evidence they have, they're able to locate her killer and she doesn't just end up a statistic.

Someone is missing this poor woman tonite. So close to the Holidays too!

JMHO
    fran

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=2653
    Betty Williams: Body Stuffed In Suitcase, Left With Garbage (Video)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I was wondering if there are any other women who have been found dead in suitcases in the area?
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

Maybe a thorough investigation on Betty Williams' life, friends and activities would lead to the man responsible for her murder.

I wonder if he knew he was taped. It doesn't seem like he was aware there was camera taping his stroll with the suitcase.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    I was wondering if there are any other women who have been found dead in suitcases in the area?
    Since he left this suitcase near the trash, maybe there are other homicide victims at the landfill. In other words, those suitcases made it to the landfill---this one didn't.

won't take long to catch this dimwit

Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    Maybe a thorough investigation on Betty Williams' life, friends and activities would lead to the man responsible for her murder.

I wonder if he knew he was taped. It doesn't seem like he was aware there was camera taping his stroll with the suitcase.
    IIRCC, in an article I read, somewhere?, witnesses said he kind of stood around for a while, looking around, until there was no one, supposedly around, before he pushed the suitcase beside a trash can and walked away.

So, I believe he did NOT know there were cameras.

Hopefully, someone who knows him, saw THIS VIDEO!!!

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    IIRCC, in an article I read, somewhere?, witnesses said he kind of stood around for a while, looking around, until there was no one, supposedly around, before he pushed the suitcase beside a trash can and walked away.

So, I believe he did NOT know there were cameras.

Hopefully, someone who knows him, saw THIS VIDEO!!!

JMHO
    fran
    here's one I'd read about how he was acting

The man, wearing a black-leather jacket, light-colored pants and wool hat, stops for about 60 seconds as three people walk by.
    In the video, the man pauses in front of a stoop, stands the suitcase upright and adjusts his hat before wiping his face with his gloved left hand. He also fusses with his jacket collar before slightly turning and looking up the block.
    Once the group passes, the man resumes pulling the case along the sidewalk.

A few steps later, he stops a second time, then walks out of camera sight.

more here

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...e7nONw2s8chhCM
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

I looked all around and didn't see anything new on this. I hope they're able to id this poor woman!

Someone misses her!

fran

New York (CNN) -- Police released the name of a woman who was found dead in a suitcase and were still searching for a suspect seen on a surveillance video rolling the suitcase on a New York block.

Police identified her as Betty Williams, 28, from the Bronx. Williams was strangled and then stuffed into the dark-colored suitcase, authorities said. The suitcase was found Wednesday night.

A grainy video, released by police, shows a man dressed in a dark knit hat and leather jacket with light-colored pants, pulling the dark-colored suitcase near a stoop in East Harlem.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/24/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    New York (CNN) -- Police released the name of a woman who was found dead in a suitcase and were still searching for a suspect seen on a surveillance video rolling the suitcase on a New York block.

Police identified her as Betty Williams, 28, from the Bronx. Williams was strangled and then stuffed into the dark-colored suitcase, authorities said. The suitcase was found Wednesday night.

A grainy video, released by police, shows a man dressed in a dark knit hat and leather jacket with light-colored pants, pulling the dark-colored suitcase near a stoop in East Harlem.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/24/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Thanks Fairy! Now that I see that, I believe I MAY have seen that somewhere late last night.

Poor woman.

fran

Transcript - Nancy Grace 12/23/10

Body Found in Suitcase on New York City Sidewalk

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../23/ng.01.html
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post

It seems that would be one of the first things LE would be looking into to try to determine if she knew her killer.

Hopefully his DNA and/or fingerprints are all over that suitcase. MOO
    Rest in Peace

Cops release 2nd video of man wheeling suitcase

<snip>

The man in the new video - who appears to be paying in cash inside an area supermarket then picking up a bag of groceries - wears the same black winter coat and wool hat as the individual seen with the luggage.

more here

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c..._28yearol.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast