GUILTY NY - Betty 'Jackie' Williams, 28, found strangled in suitcase, Harlem, 22 Dec 2010

Video of Man in Harlem Suitcase Body Dumping Released by NYPD

excerpt

"Police sources said the victim is 28-year-old Betty Williams from the Bronx. The Medical Examiner says whoever killed her strangled her to death.

"Our investigative premise [is] that the body was brought there and left at that location, rather than the murder happening in the immediate vicinity," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly told WCBS."

video & more at http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20026484-504083.html

I hope with the evidence they have, they're able to locate her killer and she doesn't just end up a statistic.

Someone is missing this poor woman tonite. So close to the Holidays too!:(

JMHO
fran

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=2653
Betty Williams: Body Stuffed In Suitcase, Left With Garbage (Video)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was wondering if there are any other women who have been found dead in suitcases in the area?

Maybe a thorough investigation on Betty Williams' life, friends and activities would lead to the man responsible for her murder.

I wonder if he knew he was taped. It doesn't seem like he was aware there was camera taping his stroll with the suitcase.

I was wondering if there are any other women who have been found dead in suitcases in the area?

Since he left this suitcase near the trash, maybe there are other homicide victims at the landfill. In other words, those suitcases made it to the landfill---this one didn't.

won't take long to catch this dimwit

Maybe a thorough investigation on Betty Williams' life, friends and activities would lead to the man responsible for her murder.

I wonder if he knew he was taped. It doesn't seem like he was aware there was camera taping his stroll with the suitcase.

IIRCC, in an article I read, somewhere?, witnesses said he kind of stood around for a while, looking around, until there was no one, supposedly around, before he pushed the suitcase beside a trash can and walked away.

So, I believe he did NOT know there were cameras.

Hopefully, someone who knows him, saw THIS VIDEO!!!

JMHO
fran

IIRCC, in an article I read, somewhere?, witnesses said he kind of stood around for a while, looking around, until there was no one, supposedly around, before he pushed the suitcase beside a trash can and walked away.

So, I believe he did NOT know there were cameras.

Hopefully, someone who knows him, saw THIS VIDEO!!!

JMHO
fran

here's one I'd read about how he was acting

The man, wearing a black-leather jacket, light-colored pants and wool hat, stops for about 60 seconds as three people walk by.
In the video, the man pauses in front of a stoop, stands the suitcase upright and adjusts his hat before wiping his face with his gloved left hand. He also fusses with his jacket collar before slightly turning and looking up the block.
Once the group passes, the man resumes pulling the case along the sidewalk.

A few steps later, he stops a second time, then walks out of camera sight.

more here

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/body_dump_fiend_caught_on_camera_W9ugCps2e7nONw2s8chhCM

I looked all around and didn't see anything new on this. I hope they're able to id this poor woman!

Someone misses her!
:(
fran

New York (CNN) -- Police released the name of a woman who was found dead in a suitcase and were still searching for a suspect seen on a surveillance video rolling the suitcase on a New York block.

Police identified her as Betty Williams, 28, from the Bronx. Williams was strangled and then stuffed into the dark-colored suitcase, authorities said. The suitcase was found Wednesday night.

A grainy video, released by police, shows a man dressed in a dark knit hat and leather jacket with light-colored pants, pulling the dark-colored suitcase near a stoop in East Harlem.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/24/new.york.suitcase.death/index.html?hpt=T2

New York (CNN) -- Police released the name of a woman who was found dead in a suitcase and were still searching for a suspect seen on a surveillance video rolling the suitcase on a New York block.

Police identified her as Betty Williams, 28, from the Bronx. Williams was strangled and then stuffed into the dark-colored suitcase, authorities said. The suitcase was found Wednesday night.

A grainy video, released by police, shows a man dressed in a dark knit hat and leather jacket with light-colored pants, pulling the dark-colored suitcase near a stoop in East Harlem.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/24/new.york.suitcase.death/index.html?hpt=T2

Thanks Fairy! Now that I see that, I believe I MAY have seen that somewhere late last night. :crazy:

Poor woman. :(

fran

It seems that would be one of the first things LE would be looking into to try to determine if she knew her killer.

Hopefully his DNA and/or fingerprints are all over that suitcase. MOO

His facial features are dramatic and prominent, easily recognizable smile as well. (The way he threw his head up to laugh and had a full face of teeth - surely something I would notice and remember about someone, especially if they are close to me.)
No doubt he is caught, just a matter of time.

Yes, thankfully his face is shown in this new video. It's not clear, however, whether this video was before or after he was seen with the suitcase. :waitasec: MOO

Pat Brown posted this youtube vid from an appearance on JVM

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2IMNiZb05k[/ame]

Yes, thankfully his face is shown in this new video. It's not clear, however, whether this video was before or after he was seen with the suitcase. :waitasec: MOO

Hopefully the supermarket knows the time he came in.

IMO

Those videos have pretty clear images. They aren't the usual grainy surveillance videos you sometimes see.

I could be totally wrong, but from watching all those crime shows and whatnot, aren't strangulation crimes usually committed by a suspect who knows the victim? Strangulation is a "personal" crime. Since Betty was strangled, it wouldn't surprise me if she knew her attacker. Hopefully her family or friends can help LE find this creep.

My prayers are with Betty's family. How sad. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back