1012 users online (185 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MO - 27-year-old woman found dead at home of August Busch IV

Woman found dead in home of August Busch IV

A 27-year-old woman was found dead Sunday at a home owned by former Anheuser-Busch chief executive August Busch IV in Huntleigh, the Post-Dispatch has learned.

Adrienne N. Martin, of St. Charles, was pronounced dead at 1:26 p.m., according to Suzanne McCune, administrator of the St. Louis County Medical Examiner's Office.
    ---
    It's not immediately clear if Busch was at the residence. After questions from the Post-Dispatch, Frontenac police, who cover Huntleigh, issued a statement this afternoon saying they received a 911 call at 1:15 p.m. Sunday about an "unresponsive person" at the home. Paramedics and police officers found a 27-year-old woman deceased and "with no apparent signs of trauma or other indications of cause of death," the release said.
    ---
    Martin a few years ago posted photos and a bio of herself on a modeling website called istudio.com. She wrote that she was studying to be an art therapist and hoped to help children. She also wrote that she had been in pageants for several years and wanted to become a model. She wrote: "I really would like to do beer advertising! Since I have only just begun I can't wait for my exciting times ahead!"

Busch, 46, took over as CEO of the brewing giant in 2006, but his tenure ended with the sale of A-B to InBev. Since the buyout, Busch has faded from public view.
    ---
    In 1984, Busch avoided criminal charges after a car crash in Arizona that killed a 22-year-old woman.

The crash occurred on Nov. 13, 1983, outside Tucson, Ariz. Busch, 20 at the time and a student at the University of Arizona, left a bar with the woman and, shortly after, crashed his black Corvette, police said. The woman, Michele Frederick, was thrown from the car. Busch was found six hours later at his home, dazed and bloodied. He had suffered a fractured skull and claimed he had amnesia.
    ---

the rest, at
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...7a4a78c22.html

An interesting case due to the money involved and its perceived ability to buy justice, perhaps.

If you read what's on wiki about this man, you will see what happened to a young woman when he was younger. That woman was my neighbor at the time. She was a beautiful college student Her and her roomate would do nice things for my children.

Pulled up from work and was bombarded by the media. I will never forget what he did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Busch_IV
    Last edited by KateB; 06-07-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Poor woman. So young.

How much loot does it take to get to do whatever you please above the law? This dude has Ted Kennedy beat. Well, almost.

You're in a wreck which you probably caused and a poor girl is dead. You crawl out of the wreck with your amnesia back to your house? How you know where your house is if you have amnesia? Oh and by the time they find you your blood alcohol level has gone down probably and the evidence gets lost!

I did find this 100% Unauthorized Get A Date With This Guy!

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dai...ng_contest.php

He could be completely uninvolved with this death at his home - let's hope. However, reading his history doesn't lead me to have any respect for him. Sounds like he grew up a rich, spoiled kid and has had no respect for the law (or women) most of his life. Interesting how his wife was so much younger than him, as is this poor woman who was found deceased at his house. I think that speaks volumes. OBVIOUSLY, there is nothing wrong with dating someone who is younger/older than you, but when it's a habit, it seems to me to be a bit superficial. I bet the ex-wife and victim are beautiful as well.

Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."
    This one's local for me. The body was discovered on Sunday, and it was kept out of the news until late Thursday. And they're STILL saying the cause of death is unknown, no reason to believe foul play, etc. If it's all so innocent and accidental, why the veil of secrecy? The family money bought secrecy, time, and silence.

Woman, 27, found dead at August Busch IV 's home

HUNTLEIGH, Mo – Police found the body of a 27-year-old woman in the upscale suburban St. Louis home of ex-Anheuser-Busch CEO August Busch IV though it could take at least a month before authorities know how she died.

Frontenac police, whose area of coverage includes Huntleigh, provided information in a news release that did not say if the death was considered suspicious. Phone messages seeking an interview were not returned. The release did not say why news of the death was not announced until four days later.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch quoted an unnamed law enforcement source as saying the case was being investigated as a possible overdose.

In 1983, Busch, then a 20-year-old University of Arizona student, left a bar with a 22-year-old woman. His black Corvette crashed and the woman, Michele Frederick, was killed. Busch was found hours later at his home. He suffered a fractured skull and claimed he had amnesia. After a seven-month investigation, authorities declined to press criminal charges, citing a lack of evidence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101224/...pphu-container

My hinky meter is going off!!!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

It's a case of tabloid possibility; London's Daily Mail is on it:

Aspiring model found dead at home of Anheuser-Busch beer heir August Busch IV

(The first comment below the article is interesting.)

Hi Dark Knight, I started a thread yesterday (in Crimes in the News) about this one. Could we join them? (My hinky meter's all aflutter on this one, too, given Busch IV's history.)

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Hi Dark Knight, I started a thread yesterday (in Crimes in the News) about this one. Could we join them? (My hinky meter's all aflutter on this one, too, given Busch IV's history.)
    Despite my hinky meter going off, no charges have been filed, so no crime has officially been committed. That's why I put it in this forum.

It's amazing what the wealthy can get away with, as well all know, by now. I have a feeling we'll never know the whole truth. Much like the reported sexual assault at the Playboy Mansion a while back. That was basically swept under the carpet, as well.

Rest assured that if a woman half my age was found dead in my home, I'd be in jail before it ever hit the internet, let alone 4 days later, lol!!!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

“Dethroning the King” — The Inside Story of Anheuser-Busch

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40028762/

This is pretty interesting in regards to the Busch family.

Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."
    From our local paper today:

Took 42 minutes to call 911 following discovery of body. Woman's ex-husband, who's a doctor, says she had a heart condition but refused to see a cardiologist.

Full article at http://www.stltoday.com/news/state-a...5d03c55b7.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Despite my hinky meter going off, no charges have been filed, so no crime has officially been committed. That's why I put it in this forum.

It's amazing what the wealthy can get away with, as well all know, by now. I have a feeling we'll never know the whole truth. Much like the reported sexual assault at the Playboy Mansion a while back. That was basically swept under the carpet, as well.

Rest assured that if a woman half my age was found dead in my home, I'd be in jail before it ever hit the internet, let alone 4 days later, lol!!!
    Yes, the Busch family are like royalty in St. Louis. Most of the rules don't seem to apply to them. I am shocked that there is a four day delay in it being reported though.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

There's more!!!

He also was part of a high speed chase -- narcotics officers were following him but he thought it was kidnappers! This was many years ago when I ran with his crowd (mid to late 80s).

He's not very smart -- didn't know the capital of Kentucky when I asked him (one of my criteria of dating a dude back in the day)
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Two years later [after the death of the University of Arizona student], Busch IV was acquitted by a jury in St. Louis on assault charges resulting from a police chase that ended with an officer shooting out a tire on his Mercedes-Benz.

Undercover narcotics officers began the chase after Busch's car nearly struck them, police said at the time. Busch was also accused of trying to run down two detectives. He said he was fleeing because he thought the unmarked police car carried would-be kidnappers.
    ---
    There have been other troubles for members of the Busch family.

In 1934, August Busch Sr., who was president of the company, killed himself with a revolver at Grant's Farm. In 1976, Peter Busch, the son of August Busch Jr. and half-uncle of August Busch IV, shot and killed a friend, David Leeker. Peter Busch claimed the gun went off accidentally as he tossed it on a bed. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter and received five years' probation.
    Adrienne Nicole Martin Death Brings August Busch IV Into Headlines

If any wonderful moderator person happens along, could we combine this thread with Dark Knight's other Busch IV-related one? I started this one in the Crimes in the News forum - although no crime has been proven to have been associated with the death (mea culpa, mea maxima culpa) and thus, properly, it belongs in the Up to the Minute forum, where Dark Knight correctly placed it, and where posts ought to be, at least for now, directed.

Woman, 27, found dead at August Busch IV 's home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks!
    Last edited by KateB; 06-07-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast