GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Parents fear missing architect Joanna Yeates was abducted
Mystery surrounds disappearance of 25-year-old woman, who was last seen on Friday after Christmas drink in Bristol

The distraught parents of a 25-year-old woman, missing for almost one week, said today they believed she had been abducted and begged anyone holding her to "let her come back".

Landscape architect Joanna Yeates has been missing since she went for a Christmas drink in Bristol with colleagues after work on Friday. Her boyfriend, Greg Reardon, 27, who was visiting family in Sheffield at the weekend, raised the alarm after returning late on Sunday to the Clifton flat they shared only to discover her gone, even though possessions including her phone, keys, coat and purse were in the flat. He had been unable to contact her by phone over the weekend.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/23/missing-joanna-yeates-parents-appeal

Officers searching for architect Jo Yeates investigating similarities with missing chef Claudia Lawrence

Detectives investigating the disappearance of architect Jo Yeates are looking at similarities with the vanishing of chef Claudia Lawrence.

Officers admitted today the cases are factually similar - but said there is no evidence yet to suggest the cases are linked.

Blonde Claudia, 35, vanished from her home in Heworth, York, in March 2009 and was reported missing when she failed to turn up for work.

RIDDLE OF THE PIZZA

A missing pizza could be crucial in the search for Jo. Police know she left the Ram pub in Park Street, Bristol, after drinks with work friends at 8 p.m. She walked out alone, before visiting....Tesco Express, on Regent Street, at 8:40 p.m., less than a half mile from her home.

Everything she had with her from the trip home, including her coat, purse, phone, shopping, and timed receipt from Tesco Express, was found in her flat - except for a Tesco Finest mozzarella, tomato, and basil pesto pizza and its wrapping.

much more at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...missing-architect-daughter.html#ixzz1931PJsO2

Missing Joanna Yeates - police believe Bristol woman is still alive

A team of 70 police officers is working tirelessly to find missing Bristol woman Joanna Yeates a full week after she was last seen.

Avon and Somerset Police Chief Superintendent Jon Stratford today told reporters outside the Clifton home of the 25-year-old architect that the hunt for Joanna will carry on right through Christmas, and that he was hopeful of finding her alive.

He said: "This is still a missing person investigation and we hope there is some explanation behind this and to return her back to her family.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...man-alive/article-3040144-detail/article.html

Claudia Lawrence WS case thread

thanks for posting this, wfgodot...I heard about this case via twitter...it's so odd about the pizza, isn't it?

thanks for posting this, wfgodot...I heard about this case via twitter...it's so odd about the pizza, isn't it?

Yes, I almost included the missing pizza in the thread title, but couldn't think how not to make it sound as important as Jo being missing! But it's the ingredient that definitely makes the case strange beyond the normal missing persons sadness.

What could it mean?

Well, she probably wasn't planning to go far without her purse, phone etc so maybe she was meeting someone in her building? To share a pizza supper?

lstrel, that was my exact thought... that she was planning to share the pizza with someone inside that building. I wonder how many neighbors they have?

This is indeed strange. I pray that Jo will be home with her family for Christmas!

Well, she probably wasn't planning to go far without her purse, phone etc so maybe she was meeting someone in her building? To share a pizza supper?

That's what I was thinking - meet a friend for a quick bite of pizza, be back soon. The leaving of the coat behind would either indicate a neighbor nearby or a quick dash into a warm car awaiting her - perhaps a secret assignation while the boyfriend was out of town?

Pizza gets its own Guardian article; good synopsis of case so far also:
Joanna Yeates: police release new CCTV images
Footage shows missing architect buying a pizza in Tesco the night she disappeared

ETA

Here's Sky News on the subject, with several videos

I wonder if the place she lived in is like apartment buildings here where they have trash disposal on every floor. Is it possible she ate the pizza and when she went to drop the box down the disposal, someone abducted her? That would explain the missing box and the fact that she left her purse etc. in the flat. I agree it's more likely she ate it with a neighbour though & if that's the case, then it won't be long before they identify who.

I dunno, I get a different vibe from the pizza (probably because of past things I have come across on WS.) I have this feeling someone was in the house when she got there and took her and the pizza. Trash for that entire building would be an easy thing to come across, imo (which I see they have done in that article.) If they haven't found it in the apartments, there will come a time when they do - if they do.
How does the UK work in terms of investigation? Do they need things like a warrant to search her entire building? Also, has the BF that lives with her spoke out yet?

Her BF said that he had left for his parents' house before she got home... But,what if he hadn't ? They ate the pizza. Did they argue maybe ? He mentioned something about it being a big deal for a boyfriend to meet his girlfriend's parents.Which he was supposed to do soon. They had just started living together in this flat.

I can't really see a stranger waiting in the flat for her. And can't really see her going to eat pizza with a neighbor,and being murdered. LE would know if anyone had called her about coming over to the flat that night,or that weekend. I wonder if they checked her call records, and her emails ?

I don't think she was abducted by a stranger. MOO

All JMO.

Relief and despair of Joanna's father as body is found

Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Yeates said: "Of course we don't know for sure that it's her but we assume that it is.

"Nobody else has been reported missing and it's the body of a young girl close to where Jo disappeared. It hasn't been a Christmas for us. I don't know what it's been. It's been surreal, totally unreal. We're just waiting now for the police to tell us what we suspect.

"In truth we feel like we hope ... we would be relieved if it was her. We don't want to go to our graves wondering where she is and not being given the chance to say goodbye to her. We assume that she's dead so we'd like to say goodbye ... our lives have gone."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/maj...spair-of-Joannas-father-as-body-is-found.html

"Our lives have gone" - terribly, terribly sad.

It IS Joanna: Police satisfied woman's body found on snowy verge is missing landscape architect

*Results of the post mortem delayed because of the body's 'frozen condition'
*Architect's devastated family told the news by detectives
*Anguished boyfriend left in 'absolute pieces' by 25-year-old's death

Police are 'satisfied' a body found yesterday is missing architect Joanna Yeates.

They said at this stage they are treating the death as suspicious, but are waiting on the results of a post mortem examination.
---
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: 'We are satisfied the body is Joanna Yeates, but this is pending the results of a post mortem which is not expected for at least 24 hours due to the nature of how she was found in such extreme conditions.'
---

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assume-shes-dead--lives-gone-say-parents.html

Manhunt After Missing Joanna's Body Found

"Police will be looking at CCTV pictures further afield and of great interest to them will be Clifton suspension bridge because that is the only way to get from Joanna's flat to where the body was found," Sharp added.

"It is a notorious suicide spot and is heavily decked out in CCTV cameras so police will be going through those to see who has been going over that bridge."
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...nd_Is_That_Of_Landscape_Architect,_Police_Say

This is so sad....waiting to hear word of what happened.

Daily Mail again, doing the tabloid thing

Was Jo held prisoner for eight days? Mystery of lost week as architect's body is found in snow

The body of Joanna Yeates may have been dumped by the side of a road in the early hours of Christmas Day, it emerged yesterday.

Its discovery raises the prospect that the 25-year-old landscape architect may have been held captive since she was last seen on Friday, December 17.

The road, despite its semi-rural location, is regularly used by drivers and pedestrians, and locals say the body would have been noticed on Christmas Eve if it had been there.
---
Whoever dumped her there would have also relied on a low chance of anyone witnessing the act late on a freezing Christmas Eve.

and more, at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-architects-body-snow-week-disappearance.html

From a very interesting and thorough Independent article:

Mr Yeates was convinced that his daughter was abducted after seeing the bizarre scene at her flat. "We knew what the flat was like," he said. "We know what she does and doesn't do. We were 100 per cent convinced within 30 minutes of arriving at the flat that she had been abducted."
---
On Avon and Somerset Police's unusual pursuit of the pizza clue, Chief Superintendent Jon Stratford said: "There is obviously the possibility that she went somewhere else to eat that pizza. All we know is that we found her possessions inside the flat along with the receipt, but not the pizza. So she did get back in on the Friday evening."

much more, at
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...le-of-joanna-yeatess-final-hours-2169851.html

No obvious cause of death on her body ... They will wait for the autopsy to reveal the cause of death... How strange this is. They are looking at the computer records and phone recocords of her boyfriend. But, they say that he's probably not involved... Her parents seem convinced she was abducted because the flat was not as she usually kept it... I wonder if there were signs of a struggle ? Or was her killer looking for something ? Could she have interrupted a burglary which went bad ? Only the pizza is reported as missing, though. Please tell me that this young woman didn't loose her life because one or more lowlifes were robbing the place when she came in ? Did they kill her and then eat the pizza ? This is just bizarre... MOO

... "We know what she does and doesn't do. We were 100 per cent convinced within 30 minutes of arriving at the flat that she had been abducted."

Maybe the smell of cigarettes in the apartment?

No obvious cause of death on her body ... They will wait for the autopsy to reveal the cause of death... How strange this is. They are looking at the computer records and phone recocords of her boyfriend. But, they say that he's probably not involved... Her parents seem convinced she was abducted because the flat was not as she usually kept it... I wonder if there were signs of a struggle ? Or was her killer looking for something ? Could she have interrupted a burglary which went bad ? Only the pizza is reported as missing, though. Please tell me that this young woman didn't loose her life because one or more lowlifes were robbing the place when she came in ? Did they kill her and then eat the pizza ? This is just bizarre... MOO

If it was a disturbed burglary, maybe the perps thought they would drop her a few miles away to give themselves a chance to get away before she called the police. Then she succumbed to hypothermia. But apparently no sign of forced entry. Hmmm ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123