Atlanta,GA gets it's first WHITE CHRISTMAS in over 100 yrs.

I'm on the southern coast of NC. It's not here yet but tomorrow we have almost a 100% chance of snow and 50% tomorrow night. :woohoo:

I'm on the southern coast of NC. It's not here yet but tomorrow we have almost a 100% chance of snow and 50% tomorrow night. :woohoo:
This is moving in quicker than what they thought you may start seeing light snow by tonight. They said we might get something by 11:00 tonight so they were off by almost 12 hrs.

I got a picture text from one of my daughters who's in Tenn, I have no idea exactly where, at the foot of the blue ridge mountains. Beautiful snow scene.

Now in a few days she has to come back to Cali and she may not be too happy about all that snow then. She comes through Atlanta and I read they're cancelling lots of flights. Hopefully it'll clear up a little by the time she's ready to travel.

Keep warm!
*Merry Christmas!*

fran
:sleigh:

I'm from Florida so all this is new to me. Just when you think you've seen and heard almost everything there is something new. They have what they call snow rain, I thought it would snow then rain, but it is snowing and raining at the same time. I would guess this could cause black ice.

I'm in NW Georgia and it's been snowing here since before 6 am! Probably have about 4 inches right now and they are calling for more. The grandkids are loving it. I've waited my whole life for this and they are getting it while they are young enough to enjoy it. I love it for what it's doing for them and they have no idea that it so seldom occurs here. Now I don't mind hearing old Bing singing about his White Christmas!

I'm in NW Georgia and it's been snowing here since before 6 am! Probably have about 4 inches right now and they are calling for more. The grandkids are loving it. I've waited my whole life for this and they are getting it while they are young enough to enjoy it. I love it for what it's doing for them and they have no idea that it so seldom occurs here. Now I don't mind hearing old Bing singing about his White Christmas!

That sounds like the best present anyone could ever give you, to see their faces and to hear their laughter. I'm am so happy also ,the fireplace is going the snow is on and off but enough to give me a very memorable day. Here is a Christmas song for everybody who is celebrating this rare and enjoyable day. Hope Sinatra is o.k. just have a thing for old blue eyes, even though he was before my time, he was a heck of a singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUMfZzdiEc

So happy you folks are getting a bit of holiday magic! We had snow in Houston on Christmas Eve several years ago, and it made for some wonderful memories!

It is a wonderful gift! I've been trying to make the little grandmunchkins understand just how rare a gift it is. They don't care, they just know it's loads of fun!

It is a wonderful gift! I've been trying to make the little grandmunchkins understand just how rare a gift it is. They don't care, they just know it's loads of fun!

I don't know how old they are but I was 9 and on vacation in NY when I saw my first white Christmas, it started snowing and my relatives said I was a good luck charm because it rarely snowed on Christmas day. I still remember it like it was yesterday. To see that tree in Rockefeller center with real snow on it was so beautiful and then we saw a play with the Rockets, then did some window shopping. What a perfect day. I don't even remember what presents I got the snow, tree and play was enough for me. I think and hope they'll remember unless they are to young. I know you won't forget, just get some video or pictures because this may not happen again for another 100 yrs.

Speaking of NY there is a blizzard warning. So get to where you're going and plan on staying. I know I wouldn't want to drive around in that weather. Wow it's really coming down now I guess we have about an inch, we would have more if the rain would stop washing away the snow. Well everyone stay safe and most of all have fun.

That sounds like the best present anyone could ever give you, to see their faces and to hear their laughter. I'm am so happy also ,the fireplace is going the snow is on and off but enough to give me a very memorable day. Here is a Christmas song for everybody who is celebrating this rare and enjoyable day. Hope Sinatra is o.k. just have a thing for old blue eyes, even though he was before my time, he was a heck of a singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUMfZzdiEc

Thank you for the music! LOL, I'm dating myself, but I remember Old Blue Eyes. I even saw him once in Palm Springs. LOL, made a fool of myself staring at him, he was driving a nice hot Camero! But he was nice, he slowed down and smiled and waved at me. LOL, it was in the parking lot of a Sax 5th Avenue,..............and I was the only one there, (waiting for my car pool driver who worked as a tailor). (I worked across the street at a bank.)

My daughter that's in Tenn in the snow, has only seen snow twice at the Holiday time, AFTER Xmas. We drove up to the mountains and stayed in a cabin for a few days.

Years ago we moved to the Oregon Coast. It only snows there, on the coast, about every 10 years. Yep! It snowed our first year there. But it didn't start until New Years Eve. Beautiful! Loved the complete silence the next morning, newly fallen snow.............

FWIW, in Oregon, when there was a combo of rain and snow, they called it freezing rain. And yes! It does cause 'black ice.'

JMHO
fran
:sleigh:

It is pouring the snow here and beautiful.Soooo Peaceful! I'm close to Asheville and it has been snowing for about 10 hours I think. The thing is- it's supposed to continue to snow till Monday.

I've gathered water in case the electricity goes out, have wood and a fireplace. oil lamps, candles,flashlights and am prepared for the worse. I've learned it's better to prepare than be caught off guard!

I'm amazed that even Alabama got snow.

For everyone north of North Carolina they are predicting a blizzard so please prepare yourselves. :blowkiss:

:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::sleigh::snowman::coldout::cold::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::eek:fftobed:

We're getting a rain/snow mix tonight and snow predicted for tomorrow!!! And thankfully I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday! How cool is that??!!
:snowman::snowman::snowman:

We're getting a rain/snow mix tonight and snow predicted for tomorrow!!! And thankfully I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday! How cool is that??!!
:snowman::snowman::snowman:

Sounds great! From one tarheel to another, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :great:

In North Alabama, we woke up to a beautiful white Christmas. We had about 2-3 inches. It was so pretty.

Well here it is a White Christmas in Georgia, I'm 15 miles west of Atlanta, but we're 1000 ft up. I never thought that when I moved here three years ago from Florida that I would ever experience this and it is so beautiful, I am hooked. I hope everybody who got to see it enjoyed it as much as I did, and I hope to see more snow before the end of winter. This is a picture of my house and one of my neighbors. Just click on the picture to for a better view.

Christman2010.jpg

Christman2010 3.jpg

Well here it is a White Christmas in Georgia, I'm 15 miles west of Atlanta, but we're 1000 ft up. I never thought that when I moved here three years ago from Florida that I would ever experience this and it is so beautiful, I am hooked. I hope everybody who got to see it enjoyed it as much as I did, and I hope to see more snow before the end of winter. This is a picture of my house and one of my neighbors. Just click on the picture to for a better view.

View attachment 12913

View attachment 12914
SO beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing! It just started snowing here. I can't wait to see what it will look like outside in the morning!
:snowman:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back