934 users online (184 members and 750 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up Whole-Fat Dairy Products May Lower Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study

Link

Whole-Fat Dairy Products May Lower Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
    By Serena Gordon
    HealthDay Reporter

MONDAY, Dec. 20 (HealthDay News) New research suggests that whole-fat dairy products generally shunned by health experts contain a fatty acid that may lower the risk of type 2 diabetes....

I have type 2 diabetes this just says it may help to prevent it and I wonder if it helps it too.

link?

everyone i know who lives on whole dairy has the gout.

curious to see how whole fat dairy helps diabetes.

on lap top sorry for typos
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I've read about this. It's been quite common for those who's sugars go too low to have 8 oz of whole milk. As a type 2'er I understand the need for protein, low carb, low sugar -- but can't wrap my head around needing whole milk. We need some fat for energy, but should really grab it from protein. IMHO Whole milk is too high in fat and calories for diabetics. But this is just MY opinion.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    link?

everyone i know who lives on whole dairy has the gout.

curious to see how whole fat dairy helps diabetes.

on lap top sorry for typos
    BBM

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...ay/647637.html

i was raised on a dairy and had a lot of milkfat in my diet. butter, cream on cereal, milk that was about 7%fat (jersey cow) etc. didnt help a bit. i am diabetic, my auntie was diabetic, and several in my family are diabetic. were all dairy people and not all blood related, but about 75% are diabetic.
    only a few of us are overweight, either.

i miss full fat milk and real butter (i CAN believe its not butter LOL) but i had 5x bypass 18 months ago, so i behave myself (mostly)

i been waiting for the day they tell us red beans and rice are gonna kill us. my whole family will starve to death...

5x bypass Glad to see you're doing well.

was a surprise for a lot of the family lol i am beanpole skinny and former track runner, whoda thunk id be the one?
    unfortunately i picked up a superbug at the hospital, which eventually caused a lot of other problems but oh well...

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    We eat full fat milk, cream, butter... I honestly believe that it's not the naturally-occuring fats that are damaging - it's the manmade ones. Even canola oil: ever seen a "canola"? It's manmade. In basic terms, if you can't theoretically reproduce/make it in your own kitchen, then it's not good for you.

These are the diet principles we try to follow (though, not always, and not recently...):
    http://www.westonaprice.org/
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    We eat full fat milk, cream, butter... I honestly believe that it's not the naturally-occuring fats that are damaging - it's the manmade ones. Even canola oil: ever seen a "canola"? It's manmade. In basic terms, if you can't theoretically reproduce/make it in your own kitchen, then it's not good for you.

These are the diet principles we try to follow (though, not always, and not recently...):
    http://www.westonaprice.org/
    There are quite a few reasons to believe what you've written, and a lot of study behind that thought. I don't like to eat things which aren't real...I don't use fake sugar, I don't like to use fake creamer, and I try to always use real oils and butter when cooking.

I am overweight, though - probably could lose 40 pounds and make my horse very happy. OTOH, I'm also relatively healthy, no diabetes or hypertension (in fact, it's fairly low), no blood issues (e.g. anemia, et cetera).

When I was young and energetic, and worked out 2.5 hours daily, and had a trainer, he was always saying "if you have never seen it, don't eat it" meaning the same thing you said - who's seen a canola? Cannoli, yes, but canola? Nope...

I do need to start exercising again. Not the 2.5 hour stuff (no time for it), but still...a few times a week, move my hiney around more than riding my horse (which is actually good exercise...) and be better about my diet.

Real stuff - not partially hydrogenated, not canola - for me, please...and actually, I find when I use the real stuff, I use less of it, too.

Just a thought as we creep closer to 2011, and a new exercise program for me...

Best-
    Herding Cats