Whole-Fat Dairy Products May Lower Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Whole-Fat Dairy Products May Lower Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
By Serena Gordon
HealthDay Reporter

MONDAY, Dec. 20 (HealthDay News) — New research suggests that whole-fat dairy products — generally shunned by health experts — contain a fatty acid that may lower the risk of type 2 diabetes....

I have type 2 diabetes this just says it may help to prevent it and I wonder if it helps it too.

link?

everyone i know who lives on whole dairy has the gout.

curious to see how whole fat dairy helps diabetes.

on lap top sorry for typos

I've read about this. It's been quite common for those who's sugars go too low to have 8 oz of whole milk. As a type 2'er I understand the need for protein, low carb, low sugar -- but can't wrap my head around needing whole milk. We need some fat for energy, but should really grab it from protein. IMHO Whole milk is too high in fat and calories for diabetics. But this is just MY opinion.

Mel

i was raised on a dairy and had a lot of milkfat in my diet. butter, cream on cereal, milk that was about 7%fat (jersey cow) etc. didnt help a bit. i am diabetic, my auntie was diabetic, and several in my family are diabetic. were all dairy people and not all blood related, but about 75% are diabetic.
only a few of us are overweight, either.

i miss full fat milk and real butter (i CAN believe its not butter LOL) but i had 5x bypass 18 months ago, so i behave myself (mostly)

i been waiting for the day they tell us red beans and rice are gonna kill us. my whole family will starve to death...

was a surprise for a lot of the family lol i am beanpole skinny and former track runner, whoda thunk id be the one?
unfortunately i picked up a superbug at the hospital, which eventually caused a lot of other problems but oh well...

We eat full fat milk, cream, butter... I honestly believe that it's not the naturally-occuring fats that are damaging - it's the manmade ones. Even canola oil: ever seen a "canola"? It's manmade. In basic terms, if you can't theoretically reproduce/make it in your own kitchen, then it's not good for you.

These are the diet principles we try to follow (though, not always, and not recently...):
http://www.westonaprice.org/

We eat full fat milk, cream, butter... I honestly believe that it's not the naturally-occuring fats that are damaging - it's the manmade ones. Even canola oil: ever seen a "canola"? It's manmade. In basic terms, if you can't theoretically reproduce/make it in your own kitchen, then it's not good for you.

These are the diet principles we try to follow (though, not always, and not recently...):
http://www.westonaprice.org/
There are quite a few reasons to believe what you've written, and a lot of study behind that thought. I don't like to eat things which aren't real...I don't use fake sugar, I don't like to use fake creamer, and I try to always use real oils and butter when cooking.

I am overweight, though - probably could lose 40 pounds and make my horse very happy. OTOH, I'm also relatively healthy, no diabetes or hypertension (in fact, it's fairly low), no blood issues (e.g. anemia, et cetera).

When I was young and energetic, and worked out 2.5 hours daily, and had a trainer, he was always saying "if you have never seen it, don't eat it" meaning the same thing you said - who's seen a canola? Cannoli, yes, but canola? Nope...

I do need to start exercising again. Not the 2.5 hour stuff (no time for it), but still...a few times a week, move my hiney around more than riding my horse (which is actually good exercise...) and be better about my diet.

Real stuff - not partially hydrogenated, not canola - for me, please...and actually, I find when I use the real stuff, I use less of it, too.

Just a thought as we creep closer to 2011, and a new exercise program for me...

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail