Small town doctor charges $5 per office visit for 55 years

Yes, it is, MaryLiz! From the artcle:

I asked her why Doc never burned out.

I suspect Doc loves his work. If not, he would have burned out long ago, having never taken time off.

I love it. When he was asked what he would do if he took off work, he said he would go to Missouri. Missouri is only 58 miles to the east! He seems like a man who really enjoys what he does. :)

Very uplifiting story -- thank you!

What an amazing man, and an amazing community. I thought it was good that my dr only charged $35 for uninsured patients, but this guy is an angel! I would love to live in a place like that.

gosh I loved this story! Reminds me of home. As a resident in a very rural town in missouri, our clinic works the same way. If you can afford care, you pay, if not, you give a little donation if you can. The docs here arent big city people who drive flashy cars, they are just local men and women who will ask about your family, and make sure each and every person in our town gets good medical care. We have a helipad for big emergencies, but most often the local docs take care of it all. I had to giggle when I took my oldest boy in last week for strep throat. The doctor ( new to our little town) asked me if he would need a note regarding him taking cough medicine, to avoid being drug tested! Imagine, living in a place where you had to drug test 5th graders.... He had good intentions, and took great care with my boy, but it sure did make me laugh when he asked.

What an amazing man, and an amazing community. I thought it was good that my dr only charged $35 for uninsured patients, but this guy is an angel! I would love to live in a place like that.

I live in the Rushville area.. unfortunately, it's not a great community.

However, Dr Dohner is a WONDERFUL doctor. If he feels that something is out of his realm, he does not hesitate to refer patients on, as many other doctors do. Until I ended up with no transportation into town, he was my doctor for about 6 years.

I love this man, we need more like him. :)

Thank you for sharing..

Goz

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member