GUILTY CA - Truly Lo, beaten into a coma at 6, dead at 12, Natomas, 11 May 2004

impatientredhead

Reaction score
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/12/27/32...ramento-girl-dies.html#storylink=omni_popular

Truly Lo was 6 years old when her stepmother, Weili Kao, abused her so severely that she fell into a coma. The girl sustained brain injuries that left her survival in doubt. She never regained consciousness.

While visiting her bedside, "I could feel her desire to be with us and to be alive," he said. Lately, he'd felt a change and had told her she could go. "It's sad, but sometimes I think it was a release for her," he said.

At Kao's trial in August 2005, evidence showed that she became enraged at Truly for disobeying her. She slapped her, spanked her and hit her with a coat hanger, then strangled her while holding her inside a walk-in closet, according to testimony.

Family members pleaded for mercy at Kao's sentencing, saying the beating was an isolated incident and a terrible mistake.

More at the link.
She can still stand trial for her death according to the article.
The jury had the option of a torture charge which would have been life in prison but they deadlock 9-3 in stepmother's favor.

Even as his 7-year-old daughter lay in a coma, Thomas Lo pleaded with a Sacramento judge Monday to show mercy on his wife, who was convicted of beating the child into a vegetative state.
Lo said his wife, Weili Kao, 35, brought structure into the rebellious girl's life, and by punishing her too harshly one night made a "horrible mistake." The software engineer asked the judge to spare his family further

Read more: http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM#ixzz19PLywCpH

Lo said his wife, Weili Kao, 35, brought structure into the rebellious girl's life, and by punishing her too harshly one night made a "horrible mistake." The software engineer asked the judge to spare his family further

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM#ixzz19PLywCpH

A seven year-old is capable of such rebellious behavior that her mother actually strangled her? That's not a "horrible mistake" Dad, that's first-degree murder!

I hope they charge Mom accordingly. RIP, little Truly.

I could never sit on a jury for a child abuser. I am so jaded when it comes to kids. What, exactly, could a 6 yr old do to deserve to be strangled?? I say "Hang 'em all".

I understand that the family said that this was an isolated incident and that it was all a "mistake". Mistake? A mistake is putting too much sugar in your coffee, not beating a child to where she falls into a coma for 6 years. May Truly rest in peace now and may the step monster get all that she deserves!

I searched for a photo of this little girl and came up with nothing.
That just stuns me. Six years later and there is barely a story about her until two days ago. No photos (that I can find). And her father stood up in court and begged for mercy for his wife? I don't get that.

I couldn't beg for mercy for someone that hurt my dog, let alone killed one of them.
Whatever that level of forgiveness of tolerance is, I don't have that gene. Maybe I should wish that I did, but I don't.

What gets me is first the father begs for leniency for the stepmother in court. Now he says he can't forgive her. Huh? So, which is it?

Even as his 7-year-old daughter lay in a coma, Thomas Lo pleaded with a Sacramento judge Monday to show mercy on his wife, who was convicted of beating the child into a vegetative state.

Read more: http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM#ixzz19PLywCpH

OMG - A little child, barely beyond babyhood was rebellious?!?! No!

This is so wrong on every level! Please Judge, spare my baby's murderer! NO!!

How about tossing daddy in the clink or at least send him to parenting classes so he can understand what his wife has done and why she needs to be punished for her "mistake"!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm sorry for the rant - this just :furious::furious: makes my blood boil - the rebellious child needed to be punished, but the momster made a mistake and deserves leniency?? I just don't get it...

Please GOD don't let me ever understand this.

Child abuse, torture and murder is not a mistake. It is child abuse.

Rest In Peace Truly Lo. You did not deserve this. I would have loved your unruly little behind.

Sacramento Superior Court Judge Troy L. Nunley called Kao's crimes "atrocious and egregious" and sentenced her to 16 years, six months in prison.

Authorities said in 2004 that Kao could face homicide charges if the girl died. The coroner listed the girl's death last week as a homicide.

Assistant District Attorney Albert Locher said Monday that prosecutors have not yet decided whether to file more charges against Kao.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/12/27/state/n145625S37.DTL

Maybe we need to swamp the DA's office with our opinion on whether momster should be tried for murder!!

I have sent an email to Sacramento County District Attorney Jan Scully, at the address below, asking for murder charges to be brought against Weili Kao. I am sick and tired of murderers of young children getting a slap on the wrist.

Email:daoffice@sacda.org

Phone: 916.874.6218

Address:
901 G Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads