Elton John has baby son with surrogate

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish have become parents to a son born to a surrogate mother in California.

Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John was born on Christmas Day, the UK musician and Canadian filmmaker told the Usmagazine.com website.

"Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents," said the couple.

They provided no details about the surrogacy arrangement.

"We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment," the couple told the website in a statement.

More at link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12084650

Is this a reliable source? Is it true? The very best to the pair if it is but I feel a bit uneasy about it:waitasec:

These parents are 48 and 62. 62! That's too old to become a father and I'd say the same thing about a woman having a child at 62. 48 is pushing it, but at least one of them is in the age range.

Horsie its true yea...

I think its wrong of them to do that to be honest. Elton apparently thought he was too old but i guess Furnish pushed it. The thing is Elton is in his 60s and there is a good chance that he could die whilst the kid is at school even. Hes not gonna be able to run around and play footie with the child..or do a three legged or egg and spoon race with his child. Yes they can provide it with lots of love..but i dunno..they could a kitten as well i guess lol.

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I wondered if his name was Levon?

It's cool they put the name in there somewhere though.

On the matter of age there was a time I'd say "WTH was these guys thinking?" but I'm trying to Zen so good for them and Blessings and joy for them all.

Oh wait! He was born on Christmas Day. How cool is that? I wonder if it was planned. I wonder if Levon Helm was called when the baby arrived? Very trivial I know but way cool.

I'm happy for them. I love Elton and he'll make a fantastic parent I think. Congrats to both.

I like Elton John a lot. I am a huge fan. But, I just don't agree with people in their 50's or 60's becoming parents. You're just too old. It's not fair to the child. I am in my 50's and I have days where keeping up with my dog is a lot of work. No way could I handle having a child at my age. And then there is the mortality factor. Should a child have to deal with a parents death when there 10 or 12?

I like Elton John a lot. I am a huge fan. But, I just don't agree with people in their 50's or 60's becoming parents. You're just too old. It's not fair to the child. I am in my 50's and I have days where keeping up with my dog is a lot of work. No way could I handle having a child at my age. And then there is the mortality factor. Should a child have to deal with a parents death when there 10 or 12?

With his money he can hire people to play with the kid. I really don't think it will be a problem for the child. I remember when Tony Randell was having kids in his 80s I think. Of course he did die while they were young but they were very well taken care of.

I have mixed feelings about the whole arrangement, to be honest. I do hope Elton is the biological father, and the little boy inherits his musical talent.

With his money he can hire people to play with the kid. I really don't think it will be a problem for the child. I remember when Tony Randell was having kids in his 80s I think. Of course he did die while they were young but they were very well taken care of.

Yes because money makes up for having no parental figure(s) in your life. A nanny and a lot cash and we're good to go!!!!

Kids are accessories to many rich and famous people, but oh well. At least they kid will get the best therapist money can buy.

My first thought was "too old," also. Then I realized that they will be able to afford help in taking care of the baby. It's not like Elton will have to be awake at all hours, and everything. I really can't criticize older parents though. I am pretty certain those two have prepared financially for the child, should they pass away any time soon. None of us really knows how long we have to spend with our children, regardless of our age.

How many grandparents are left to raise their grandchildren nowadays? A lot! These grandparents are in their 50's, 60's. etc. I have no problem with Elton John's age and him having a child. I have seen 60, 70, even 80-year-old people in better shape than 20-30 year olds.

Congrats to them all! I love the name!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back