1127 users online (186 members and 941 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 552
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182

    IL - Tanya Shannon, 40, Seneca, 5 Dec 2010 - #4




    Please continue here. Thread 3 has been pulled for review. After cleanup, it will be merged with this thread.

    RULES

    We don't name the innocent (family members, children, friends or others).
    We don't bicker because we are grown ups.
    We don't tell others how to post - that's a job for the mods.
    We don't copy/paste from anywhere except MSM articles and then only 10% - all other information is paraphrased and linked.

    If you have questions - contact a mod.
    If you have a problem - alert the post.

    Remember - if you respond to a post that you disagree with or that offends you, you may also be in trouble. Use the alert button and move on!

    Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 01-03-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added pic

  2. #2
    Thank you Salem.

    Here is the case archive album for Tanya Shannon:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...non%20%20-IL-/


    You can delete this picture story, but I think it might be relevant.
    What I do now is take a clip from a story in MSM and add a pic or two.
    This one is from Mywebtimes, a local paper.



    Considering my opinion of the last thread's ridiculousness, I will try to refrain from posting for a while and stick to what I do best, save the pics and articles.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

    "LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    27

    The Weather

    As was mentioned in the previous thread, I think it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days with the big warm up coming. I live in the NW Chicago suburbs and as, I'm sure, all locals have noticed, the temps are supposed to reach close to 50 on New Year's Eve and we are expecting T-Storms (which is almost unheard of this time of year). With the warm temps and rain, I would think the majority of the snow will be gone. I am wondering if they will do another thorough search after the thaw. I know it's supposed to get really cold again by New Year's Day.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    2 Oaks and a Stump, MI
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by md70 View Post
    As was mentioned in the previous thread, I think it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days with the big warm up coming. I live in the NW Chicago suburbs and as, I'm sure, all locals have noticed, the temps are supposed to reach close to 50 on New Year's Eve and we are expecting T-Storms (which is almost unheard of this time of year). With the warm temps and rain, I would think the majority of the snow will be gone. I am wondering if they will do another thorough search after the thaw. I know it's supposed to get really cold again by New Year's Day.
    That's our forecast here in MI as well, I sure hope they take advantage of the melting snow to do another search, at least in the immediate area around the crash site.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    147
    I looked through the photos posted above and read that both seats in the car broke. I didn't realize that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    With so much advanced notice regarding the forecast, it would be great if they are in the midst of planning a weekend search! I would think either way, with such a warm up, locals might be more apt to get out & look around their land a bit! We can only hope!
    Last edited by hatchersch; 12-28-2010 at 03:22 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    IMO the FB entries are quite informative in most cases, not specifically this one. At the very least, they give us a glimpse into a persons "real world". After all, they pen their own entries! Many times FB proivdes valuable info during the investigative process, not always, but frequently.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkey Lou View Post
    That's our forecast here in MI as well, I sure hope they take advantage of the melting snow to do another search, at least in the immediate area around the crash site.
    Has your theory changed since your original thoughts? TIA

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Does anyone think it is possible that someone (friend/family) was following D & T, someone that was concerned he was too intoxicated to be driving. Someone that wanted to be certain he made it to ................ safely? Then, he wrecked, T was able to come out of the car, up to the road where another car with friend/family was waiting & b/c of the severity of the scene, no witnesses, shock, fear, intoxication (perhaps), they decided it would be best to get outta Dodge? Then, after leaving the scene, they learn via media Dale died & now they just don't know what to do? If a car was already waiting on the road, one might not be so desperate to grab the slipper. Not if desperate to get away from the scene. IMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottaw....php?id=419827

    I meant to post this earlier in regards to the air bags! This is only one of many articles pertaining to the lack of air bag deployment.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...-illinois.html

    Trying to refresh my memory, reading some older articles. Does this convey to you that the family checked the hospitals? Rather than LE? Not that it matters...........just a question.
    Last edited by hatchersch; 12-28-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: ETA

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    294
    I am sure LE checked area hospitals if not, I believe the hospital would report a Jane Doe if one came in. I don't know what protocol is for checking hospitals with LE but enough word was out at the time that is someone showed up without ID LE would have been notified.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IL, USA
    Posts
    50
    Oi, not sure what happened with the other thread; the topic seems dead now O.o

    I think we should work together to compile a list of articles to be put in the first post of the thread. This is now the 4th thread for this case and it gets confusing having to keep trying to find the old articles (and it's easier to reference them if they're all together somewhere). Google only does so much. Any takers?

    EDIT: Amanda, I saw your album when you put just pictures in. Are you including articles with links as well? TIA

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    274
    Well, that would depend if the "patient" wanted to remain under the "confidential" status. If so, no one would be notified. Prob' the article is yet another error in reporting, no big thing.

    I can see in this situation where a family member, upon learning of the crash, might make a lot of calls to family/friends to see if anyone knows where the missing person is or has been in contact with.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleFan View Post
    Oi, not sure what happened with the other thread; the topic seems dead now O.o

    I think we should work together to compile a list of articles to be put in the first post of the thread. This is now the 4th thread for this case and it gets confusing having to keep trying to find the old articles (and it's easier to reference them if they're all together somewhere). Google only does so much. Any takers?

    EDIT: Amanda, I saw your album when you put just pictures in. Are you including articles with links as well? TIA
    When I first came onto this forum the very first thread on this subject listed all of the articles at the time ----I went back to re read a few before posting. That might be something to have people reference back to.

    The last thread was removed for now, admin is reviewing it, so that is where that went. We may have broken some rules or stepped out of bounds on some posts.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-28-2015, 10:03 PM
  2. Found Deceased IL - Tanya Shannon, 40, Seneca, 5 Dec 2010 - #2
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 522
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM
  3. Found Deceased IL - Tanya Shannon, 40, Seneca, 5 Dec 2010 - #1
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 536
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 06:36 PM