WA WA - Michael Richards, 28, Woodland, 6 Feb 2003

doc_j

Reaction score
http://www.co.cowlitz.wa.us/sheriff/unsolved/richards.htm

Case #03-6559
Michael R. Richards was last seen leaving a party at 646 Englert Road in Woodland, WA in the early morning hours of February 6, 2003. At the time of his disappearance he was in possession of a backpack. Richards’ physical description is 5’5”, 140 pounds with hazel eyes. There have been numerous rumors of foul play, and there have been no known sightings of Richards. His family has not heard from him. Searches have failed to locate either Richards or the vehicle listed below.

Possibly Driving: A mid 1980’s, blue or gray Nissan 200sx, unknown license.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/richards_michael.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/richards_michael.html

I myself grew up in this area, and I think I remember him. There is a big meth scene there, and I'm guessing that has something to do with it. In a small community like that, somebody out there knows what happened.

Here are some maps of the area that I made:

Attachments

• 646englert.jpg
    646englert.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 646englert_2.jpg
    646englert_2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 29
A photo of the missing, his car, and the entrance to Englert Rd (courtesy of Google.com). Englert Rd is not very long, the party was a short distance up the hill. Notice that the terrain here is very rugged and heavily forested. North of there is nothing but miles and miles of heavy forests, mountains, and deep ravines.

Attachments

• Mike_Richards.jpg
    Mike_Richards.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 38
  • car.gif
    car.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 34
  • englert rd.jpg
    englert rd.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 33
Odd that his car has never been found. Especially since he left the area on foot.

If it was abandoned somewhere you'd think someone would have come across it in the past 7 years?

You would think that his car would have been found by now, but you never know. That area is a maze of logging roads, quarries, ravines, etc...... I know that when I was growing up, we'd see rusted out cars up in the mountains every once in a while. And people out hunting aren't going to pay too much attention to a rusty hulk at the bottom of a ravine. There's plenty of water nearby where it could have been dumped as well. You would think though that after 7 years, someone would have said something to someone else. I'm betting LE has info they aren't disclosing on this one.

Bumping. In a few weeks it will be 8 years....................

In just over a week it will be 9 years since he disappeared. 9 years is an awful long time for someone to have not said anything to someone else. Hopefully this will be the year that someone sheds some light on where Michael is. Woodland is a small town, and someone knows exactly what happened.

Fifteen year bump. It never ceases to amaze me how a person and car can both completely vanish without a trace. Hopefully the passage of time will make someone with information feel comfortable enough to come forward.

Updated Charley Project link - Michael Roy Richards – The Charley Project

michael_roy_richards_1.jpg

"Richards was last seen at approximately 7:00 a.m. on February 6, 2003 in the vicinity of the 600 block of Englert Road in Woodland, Washington. He left the area on foot, but his vehicle, a blue/gray mid-1980s model Nissan 200SX, is also missing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back