Florida’s Strange Lessons of 2010

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A Look at Stupid Crimes, Poor Decisions and General Weirdness in a State with a Reputation for Odd Tales.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla - Some lessons learned in Florida this year:

- Giant African snail mucus can make you sick.

- Don't let your dog near frozen iguanas.

- Burials at sea don't work so well if the body doesn't sink.

- And if you're a woman visiting a federal detention center, wear a bra, but make sure it doesn't have an underwire.

Florida lived up to its reputation for being an odd state in 2010, a year where stupid crimes, poor decisions and general weirdness seemingly showed no geographical or age limits.

Like the 3-year-old who took a bag of marijuana to school in Columbia County, the 81-year-old Marion County man busted for selling pot and the 19-year-old arrested for lighting up a joint in a Palm Beach Gardens bookstore while waiting for Ozzy Osbourne's autograph.

In other marijuana news, an Osceola County man chose his front yard, visible from the street, to grow pot. He was arrested when the plants, some seven-feet tall, were spotted. A Florida Keys man was a little smarter and grew his weed in the woods. He was arrested when deputies took the plants and left a note that said, "Thanks for the grow! You want them back? Call for the price." He called, offered $200 and then met deputies to get the plants back.

(snip)

http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/floridas-strange-lessons-of-2010/1203560/Dec-28-2010_1-58-pm/

:floorlaugh:

ty daisy, I needed a chuckle.

A Look at Stupid Crimes, Poor Decisions and General Weirdness in a State with a Reputation for Odd Tales.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla - Some lessons learned in Florida this year:

- Giant African snail mucus can make you sick.

I just gagged a little reading that!

- Don't let your dog near frozen iguanas.

Especially not my dog. I won't even let him near thawed ones!

- Burials at sea don't work so well if the body doesn't sink.

Just ask the mafia!

- And if you're a woman visiting a federal detention center, wear a bra, but make sure it doesn't have an underwire.

Florida lived up to its reputation for being an odd state in 2010, a year where stupid crimes, poor decisions and general weirdness seemingly showed no geographical or age limits.

Like the 3-year-old who took a bag of marijuana to school in Columbia County, the 81-year-old Marion County man busted for selling pot and the 19-year-old arrested for lighting up a joint in a Palm Beach Gardens bookstore while waiting for Ozzy Osbourne's autograph.

In other marijuana news, an Osceola County man chose his front yard, visible from the street, to grow pot. He was arrested when the plants, some seven-feet tall, were spotted. A Florida Keys man was a little smarter and grew his weed in the woods. He was arrested when deputies took the plants and left a note that said, "Thanks for the grow! You want them back? Call for the price." He called, offered $200 and then met deputies to get the plants back.

(snip)

http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/floridas-strange-lessons-of-2010/1203560/Dec-28-2010_1-58-pm/

:floorlaugh:

I liked the one about the dog jumping into the guy's pickup truck and running the guy down.

Daisy!!!!!

I like this one.....

An Orlando woman coming off a cruise ship with her family was arrested and spent 36 hours in jail when authorities thought she was a prostitute. It turns out she shared the same name - but not the same profession - of a woman wanted by police.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Her attorney was Jose Baez! I saw that on his fb!!

Daisy!!!!!

I like this one.....

An Orlando woman coming off a cruise ship with her family was arrested and spent 36 hours in jail when authorities thought she was a prostitute. It turns out she shared the same name - but not the same profession - of a woman wanted by police.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Her attorney was Jose Baez! I saw that on his fb!!

Well, that explains why it took 36 hours to determine it was a case of mistaken identity. Baez had the proof she was innocent, and he would show it at trial.

Well, that explains why it took 36 hours to determine it was a case of mistaken identity. Baez had the proof she was innocent, and he would show it at trial.

Yup, splains a lot! :great:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back