799 users online (122 members and 677 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

LA - New Orleans, woman's burned body near SUNO, Dec'10 - Aisha Lee

Not much at link....

A woman's body was found burned to death Tuesday at the entrance of a stadium near the campus of Southern University of New Orleans, and police need your help in identifying her.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/burned-body...leans-stadium/
    Last edited by Kimster; 10-21-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: add detail to thread title

OMG, the poor woman. But what's with this rash of bodies being burned lately?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I agree carbuff! Hopefully with the tats this woman will be id'd soon.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

One local news reports says that the case will remain classified until an autopsy is complete; no updates in the local media since the initial story. Nothing about age range or ethnicity has been revealed. The only identifying information that has been release is the following:

Police said she had a butterfly tattoo on the right side of her buttocks and another tattoo on her lower left calf with lettering and ending with the name "AISHA."
    Very sad and brutal crime.
    But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream! -Amos 5:24

China Videon has a butterfly tattoo on her right hip; missing from TN since 1999
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Colleen Parris- missing since 2000 - butterfly tattoo on small of back
    http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=25734
    But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream! -Amos 5:24

More details surrounding this horrible crime.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...efore_she.html

John Gagliano, the coroner's office chief investigator, said the victim appears to be a black woman between 25 and 30 years old. She was 5-foot-6 and weighed 125 pounds, Gagliano said.

Stab wounds killed woman found burned near Pontchartrain Park

New Orleans Police Department Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the woman died from stab wounds before her body was incinerated.

While a cause of death has been determined, authorities are continuing to try to find the woman's identity.

She also had several distinct tattoos. One tattoo on her right buttock was of a butterfly. Her right thigh had a tattoo of an ice-cream sundae with a strawberry and the letters "ACTZE," while her left calf had a "lengthy inscription" that ended with "I am Aisha." Her right forearm had a tattoo of a heart with wings.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...man_found.html
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...artment_9.html

Article and pictures of tats today on nola.com

I certainly hope that photos of these tattoos are being shown around to the local tattoo artist. The colors still look really bright...they may not be very old. Perhaps a local artist will recall his/her work and something about the customer.
    Last edited by nola; 01-10-2011 at 10:13 AM.

I just saw this article Nola and was coming here to post. Those tats are so distinctive. Anyone who has seen this woman should remember them. In fact, I can't believe she wasn't identified from the verbal description posted a couple of weeks ago. It tells me no one is really looking for her, and/or she's not local. If she's listed in Namus, it should be relatively easy to match her. Poor woman.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Is it just me or does it look like the ice cream tattoo may have been covering up an old one? It looks like where the ice cream comes down into the red, like it said something else.

I don't see wording covered up, but it looks like the ice cream tattoo might be covering up something that looks like a wine glass? Unless that is how the artist tried to depict shading.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I don't see wording covered up, but it looks like the ice cream tattoo might be covering up something that looks like a wine glass? Unless that is how the artist tried to depict shading.

jmo
    Wow, it does look like a wine glass. I didn't notice that before. I was trying to make out letters. That is interesting.

Good eye! I do see what appears to be a wide-bodied wine glass or a communion chalice. It looks like it's nearly full, as I can see two horizontal lines. "IHS" are the letters usually accompanying an image of a chalice but I can't get "ACTZE" or "ALIZE" out of those.

It's unusual that she chose to cover up a simple wine glass tattoo with something as elaborate as that sundae, unless someone's name was getting covered up along with it, the sundae had a special meaning for this woman, or (pure speculation) maybe covering the wine glass tattoo could have had a link to celebrating sobriety.

ETA: Alize is a line of alcoholic beverages, which might explain the wine glass: Alizé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 05-02-2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Substain isn't a word. Sustain is, and I suspect that's the meaning she was trying to get across in the "I am Aisha" tattoo.

We hear about mispelled words on tats, I wonder if the person who did the tattoo is a professional.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    Substain isn't a word. Sustain is, and I suspect that's the meaning she was trying to get across in the "I am Aisha" tattoo.

We hear about mispelled words on tats, I wonder if the person who did the tattoo is a professional.
    I noticed that too. I tried to google the phrases to find out if they were song lyrics to no avail, but I did find a lot of musicians named "Aisha". One of which was missing in 2008. It appears she was found though.

http://projectnewera.wordpress.com/2...chum-aka-esha/

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast