What happened when he "disappeared"?

Claudette

Reaction score
LE has said they think he was still killing, but where are the victims? We have the pictures that were released and many of us, including LE, suspect some of the women are deceased. What is interesting is all of the victims we know about were hidden in plain sight (ie under mattresses right in an alley) and pretty easy to find. The early and later victims were all in the same general area.

I know LE is trying to determine his movements during this time. What are your thoughts? Did he move? Change where he placed his victims? Here is something for starters:

"Friends said his wife, Sylvia, worked in a legal office and may have owned some rental property elsewhere in South Los Angeles."
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/09/local/la-me-grim-sleeper-profile-20100709/3

Wonder where that was?

I heard on the local news today that they have found 2 victims that may have been killed by him. I think they said they fell during the time he "disappeared"

I heard on the local news today that they have found 2 victims that may have been killed by him. I think they said they fell during the time he "disappeared"

Grim Sleeper didn't 'sleep,' LAPD says

Detectives believe two killings during the 13-year gap between groups of homicides were committed by Lonnie Franklin Jr. The lead investigator says he wouldn't be surprised if the gap eventually closes completely.

Los Angeles police say they have linked two more slayings to alleged serial killer Lonnie Franklin Jr., persuading detectives that he never stopped killing during the supposed dormant period that led to his nickname of the Grim Sleeper.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-01-28-grim-sleeper-20110128,0,5211756.story

Police are focusing on the three women because their IDs and photos were found in a fridge in Franklin's garage in a stash that also contained a picture of a woman Franklin is charged with killing — Janecia Peters.
The small collection contained the Nevada ID and sexually explicit photos of Rolenia Morris, 29, who disappeared in September 2005, the high school ID of Ayellah Marshall, 18, who went missing in February 2005, the photo of an unidentified woman, and another photo of a woman that was too dark to make out, as well as the picture of Peters, he said.

Another four missing women detectives believe could be Franklin's victims were brought to police attention by family members after his arrest last July. They have been identified as: Cathern or Catherine Davis, 29, missing since 1982; Rosalind Giles, 27, missing since 1991; Lisa Knox, 29, missing since 1993; and Anita Parker, missing since 1998.

http://www.bhcourier.com/article/Lo...k_To_Tie_More_Homicides_To_Grim_Sleeper/75499

To add on to the above:

"Kilcoyne said investigators fear the cache of items and images found in the refrigerator was of special significance to Franklin, because he kept it separate from photographs of scores of other women found elsewhere in his residence, which he shared with his wife. Police have said Franklin's wife has refused to talk to them."

Well clearly she knew what was going on! Wow.

Also:
"Detectives believe Inez Warren, who was killed in 1988, may have been a victim of Franklin because her killing has similarities to the others Franklin is accused of committing. Like many of Franklin's suspected victims, Warren was known to use drugs and turn occasionally to prostitution, and her body was found in an alley off Western Avenue with a single gunshot wound to the chest from a small-caliber handgun."

"On Tuesday, after months spent combing through dozens of unsolved homicide files, countless missing person reports and eerie photographs of women found at Franklin's residence, police went public with suspicions that eight additional women may have been his victims."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0406-grim-sleeper-20110406,0,7573362.story

Sorry, I just say that the "8 more women" info was already posted. Another source backup then!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back