A problem with links on WS

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
I can't figure out what's going on with links and me. A while ago, probably after some update or another, I started getting trouble opening links on WS. When I click a link that points to an outside site, what usually happens is that I get redirected on this page http://www.websleuths.com/forums/1
and the error message says
"Not Found
The requested URL /forums/1 was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

At first I figured that they were broken links but other people seemed to be able to use them and then I realized that the same links work fine for me as well if I click them again immediately after getting the odd error message.

I don't understand what's going on. I haven't encountered similar problems elsewhere. I'm a Firefox user if it helps.

supply us with some of those links and there is probably a good explanation. sometimes when people copy links form other posts they copy what is in the post itself. Often that is not the complete link because it is just a copy of an abbreviated link.

supply us with some of those links and there is probably a good explanation. sometimes when people copy links form other posts they copy what is in the post itself. Often that is not the complete link because it is just a copy of an abbreviated link.

No, it's not that the links are broken in the copying process. I know because they work fine when I click them a second time (immediately after the first click, so there is no time for the poster to edit their link).

The last time it happened with the link in this post, which is fine. It looks random to me.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Words "viral" and "epic" consigned to college trash

I am still having this problem on Firefox, not if I use Internet Explorer. Now it doesn't always help to reclick the link but the links work fine if I right click and open in a different window. Any idea what's causing it?

I too am having the same problem..doesn't matter what link..they all show an error and bring me back to websleuths..haven't done any updates..using Firefox...all was fine last night...just statred today

I use Internet Explorer and I'm having problems with links today.....all show error.

Glad it's not just my browser,because I will NOT use IE....even tried to open some links that had worked last night..they too come back to 404 error and show websleuths with a forum# in the url...sooo strange..hoping it will resolve itself by tomorrow

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back