GUILTY MA - Alex Medina, 3 mos, shaken to death, Lawrence, 28 Dec 2010

sadnews

True Crime Buff
Reaction score
Unbelieveable!!! Police said Medina told them he regularly played rough with his son, and "may hug him too hard at times."

Attempts to contact Medina's attorney were not immediately successful.

Medina has been accused of harming his children before. According to court records, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2008 for causing his daughter's skull fracture.

Read more: http://www.telegram.com/article/20101230/APN/312309732#ixzz19i6yxLPb

Trust me, I am no Misty Croslin fan, but she gets 25+ years for selling some pills and this man does 3 months after breaking a child's skull. God bless America.

(I know she is a murder "suspect" but then Fla. should have the guys to charge her for that, not use a drug charge to punish her.)

I am just astonished at some of the minor sentences regarding hurting children.

whhyyyy why oh why did momma let him anywhere near the child??

He got 18 months. The child he killed was 3 months old. If this child has the same mom why would she not only let him in ,but get pregnant by him again!!??

This is totally disgusting, as it was a preventable situation. Poor babies!!

RIP poor little baby, you didnt have a chancce in life with a father like yours :(

totally agree, maybe the mother should be charged aswell

ITA! The mother should be charged with the same charges.IMO unless the laws change it will only get worse.That baby never had a chance:furious:

Unbelieveable!!! Police said Medina told them he regularly played rough with his son, and "may hug him too hard at times."

Attempts to contact Medina's attorney were not immediately successful.

Medina has been accused of harming his children before. According to court records, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2008 for causing his daughter's skull fracture.

Read more: http://www.telegram.com/article/20101230/APN/312309732#ixzz19i6yxLPb

Another precious baby who didn't have a chance. :(

Medina was denied parole because "he is a danger"...Not only was he sentenced previously, but he was ordered to take parenting classes - which he did *not* do.

<snip>

Medina has a history of financial troubles and has been repeatedly accused of physically lashing out at his children. In 2007 and 2008, while living in Methuen, he was accused of repeated physical assaults on a daughter, one of two children he had with Willmarie DeJesus, who said she is no relation to Jocelyn DeJesus.
While living with Willmarie DeJesus, Medina was also accused of violating a restraining order against her, as well as sending her threatening messages on the Internet site MySpace. During this time, according to court records, Medina at least once fractured his daughter’s skull, and once caused her to temporarily stop breathing when he pushed a bottle into her mouth too hard.
He finished his term by the autumn of 2009, and was ordered by the Probation Department to attend parenting and anger-management classes, as well as submit to random screening for alcohol and drug use.

Medina apparently chose to ignore the parenting class requirement, according to a violation notice filed by the Probation Department Wednesday, after the baby boy died.

more here

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...010/12/31/abuser_held_in_death_of_infant_son/

:rose: Fly with the angels, baby Alex :rose:

From November 2013:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/11/12/lawrence-man-pleads-guilty-in-babys-2011-death/

A 26-year-old Lawrence man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the death of his 3-month-old son almost two years ago.

Alexis Medina was sentenced Tuesday in Lawrence Superior Court to life in prison with the possibility of parole. He also was sentenced to a concurrent 10 to 11 years for assault and battery on a child. He will be eligible for parole in 15 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back