GUILTY AZ - Susan & Rachel Brock for child sexual abuse, Chandler, 2010

DairyGirl

Reaction score
PHOENIX - The daughter of a county supervisor has been arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct with the same teenage boy that her mother is accused of sexually abusing over a three-year period, police said Thursday.

Rachel Katherine Brock, 21, was arrested Wednesday on three counts of sexual conduct with a minor and one count of transmitting obscene material as part of an ongoing investigation surrounding her mother, 48-year-old Susan Brock.
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/31/arizona-mom-daughter-accused-of-sexually-abusing-same-teenage-b/

The daughter is a photographer:

http://rachelbrockphotography.com/

"....People intrigue me, they always have. Their different characteristics are fascinating to observe, especially behind the lens of a camera. Anything from a contagious smile, piercing eyes, or the “too cool for school” attitude is what I love to find because it tells your story. And that’s my passion, to find your story and capture it in an artistic manner..."

What a sad statement:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101231/ap_on_re_us/us_supervisor_wife_arrested

"...[County Supervisor] Fulton Brock said "'shocked and devastated' are not sufficient words to describe the news this day or what has transpired over the last two months."

"I have filed to divorce my wife. I cannot divorce my daughter," Fulton Brock said. "She is my blood. I will always be her dad. And she needs me now more than ever."

I read this in the paper today.

How did this happen?

What the heck was going on?

Photographer. She has access to children, and young people.

so weird, mother and daughter interested in the same young boy.....hmmmmm.

Some surprising new details in this nasty case. And here, Mr. Fulton Brock (Brock's husband and the County Supervisor) wanted us all to think that he was shocked:

http://www.kpho.com/news/27468722/detail.html

Susan Brock Sentenced To 13 years In Sex Case

"Judge Robert Olson sentenced Susan Brock to the aggravated term of 13 years in prison and lifetime probation with sex offender terms. Susan has admitted to having sexual contact with a 14-year-old boy. Much of the focus in Thursday's hearing was on her husband, County Supervisor Fulton Brock...."

and

"....In court Thursday, prosecutor Jason Holmberg alleged that Fulton not only knew about his wife's sexual encounters with the teenage victim, but also tried to hide evidence and then tried to help get his wife's charges reduced.

Holmberg alleged that when the search warrant was served at the Brock home, Fulton threatened to call the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and denied knowing where his wife's phone was, only to hand over the cellphone and Susan's credit cards 45 minutes later...."

and

"...Holmberg also alleged that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' leaders met with both Susan and Fulton before Susan was arrested to discuss the situation, and they determined Susan would undergo sex therapy....."

more at link (links to a variety of related stories here)

So, treatment was recommended by Brock's Bishop but the police were not called about the abuse of the CHILD? I'm infuriated. How many times are we going to read these same words?? Same exact statement in the Mohler and Keith Brown cases. Are the Bishops in the Mormon Church above the law and protected from prosecution in these cases? Will the victims have to bring a civil suit against the church rather than the state bringing charges? That's outrageous!! And let's not forget the daughter was also having sexual contact with this young boy. What a mess. My heart goes out this teen. I hope he gets the help he's going to need.

This is from late December. If I'm putting 2 and 2 together correctly, it seems that this boy's own family member attempted to obstruct justice and destroy evidence. The more I read, the more sad I am for this boy.

http://www.kpho.com/news/26315347/detail.html

Police Arrest Friend In Brock Molestation Case

"A Chandler woman was arrested in connection with the sexual abuse case involving the wife of a Maricopa County supervisor. Police said 37-year-old Christian Hart Weems is accused of destroying and altering evidence in the personal e-mail account of the teenage boy Susan Brock has been charged with molesting over a three-year period. The 48-year-old Brock is the wife of Supervisor Fulton Brock. Police said Weems is a friend of Susan Brock...."

more at link

The LDS statement on the Brock case, dated January 26, 2011:

http://www.kpho.com/news/27468722/ http://www.kpho.com/news/26629336/detail.html

"Susan Brock denied in front of an LDS official more than a year ago that she was having a sexual affair with a teen-age boy, an affair [NOT AN AFFAIR!!!!] that was rife with molestation, intimidation, sex toys and prostitution, according to a Chandler Police Department report released Wednesday morning.

According to the report, Brock; her husband, Maricopa County Supervisor Fulton Brock; and the boy's family met with LDS Church Stake President Mitch Jones in 2009 over concerns about Susan Brock's "interference" in the teen's life. When asked by the father if she and the boy were having "sexual relations," Brock denied it...."

and

"...There was no evidence at the time that any sexual conduct had taken place and neither the church leader nor the victim’s parents saw any reason to believe it needed to be pursued further. Later, when there was evidence that sexual abuse had taken place church leaders were instrumental in getting the matter reported to authorities..."

More at link

How I want to believe those words........

I'm still very confused as to how old the boy was when the abuse started. It lasted for 3 years and he's described as 14. Was he that age at the beginning of the abuse in 2007 or was he 11? Sad to say but I think he was 11.

And, I told you this was nasty:

http://www.kpho.com/news/27384810/detail.html

Supervisor's Daughter Pleads Not Guilty

"The daughter of Maricopa County Supervisor Fulton Brock pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges she had sex with the same boy her mother was arrested for abusing. Rachel Brock, 21, remains held without bond in the Maricopa County Jail...."

and

"...Prosecutors believe their case against Rachel Brock is stronger because they have a letter written by her mother Susan Brock..."

and

"...Rachel Brock was rearrested Friday and booked on five counts of misconduct with a minor and one count of furnishing obscene material to a minor...."

more at link

Just as I was afraid, the boy was 11 when Brock started preying on him:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ter_rachel_brock_allegedly.html#ixzz1JID5Yx5I

"The woman started manipulating the boy when he was 11 by buying him presents. She then began sexually abusing him when he was 13. "I quickly grew to trust her," the teen said. "I did not know that she was slowly and methodically setting a trap for me."

more at link

And, I was going to post clips from the following article, but they're just too bizarre. Read at your own risk. Once again, a perp who "was going to commit suicide if she got caught"....but didn't. I'm actually surprised that this case hasn't gotten more coverage than it has. It's honestly like a way over the top "B" movie, except it's real. It's not over yet, either. They still have to try to daughter who was abusing the young boy too. Yikes, one sick woman--no two:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/susan_brock_police_report_remo.php

Be aware; temple garments, pink vibrators, and sex acts between a grown woman and a young teen....all in the back seat of a Lexus.

ETA: There's been an amazing amount of coverage on this story. Seems that it's still not clear if the church official did or did not report the abuse the police. That concerns me greatly"

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_42fd31d0-614d-11e0-be5f-001cc4c03286.html

Prosecutors: Susan Brock pursued molested boy's brother first, Mormon church knew of sex

"....Prosecutors spent 2 1/2 hours Thursday presenting their case in a Maricopa County courtroom, with Pinal County deputy attorney Jason Holmberg presenting emails and documents that detailed the sexual relationship of more than three years. Holmberg said Bishop Troy Hansen of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had been informed of the allegations of sexual abuse from fellow Bishop Matt Mires, but did not report it to authorities. A Church official denied the prosecutions allegations...."

more at link

Well, was it reported or wasn't it?

haha Purps, I'm in Canada & never heard of them ... & I doubt anyone else here has until they read this bizarre story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_garment

Post-1979 two-piece temple garments end just above the knee for both sexes. Women's garments have cap sleeves with either a rounded or sweetheart neckline

Garments are worn both day and night and are required for any previously endowed adult to enter a church temple.[2] The undergarments are viewed as a symbolic reminder of the sacred covenants made in temple ceremonies, and are viewed as either a symbolic or literal source of protection from the evils of the world

I had to look this up, I had never heard of Temple undies, either! There's a pic at the link... women wear their bra over top of the undergarment, apparently, and the garments are to be worn day & night.

Thanks for the info guy's.

I think I'll give Temple undies a miss although I bet they are nice & cosy in Winter.

If I'm not mistaken, all people of the Mormon faith must wear temple undergarments. I know that it was a source of embarrassment for a friend of mine years ago as someone made fun of her undies. They used to be far more modest than they are now.

While researching the Mohler case, I learned a lot about Mormon beliefs and practices. Many things seemed very curious and surprising to me.

http://www.i4m.com/think/temples/mormon-garments.htm

"Church members who have been clothed with the garment in the temple have made a covenant to wear it throughout their lives. This has been interpreted to mean that it is worn as underclothing both day and night."

"The promise of protection and blessings is conditioned upon worthiness and faithfulness in keeping the covenant. Members of the Church wear the garment as a reminder of the sacred covenants they have made with the Lord and also as a protection against temptation and evil. How it is worn is an outward expression of an inward commitment to follow the Savior."

- Letter of the First Presidency, 10 October 1988"

more at link

I remember finding a good bit of info concerning the wearing of temple garments being a protection against masturbation or spontaneous sexual encounters on some "former Mormon" sites.

This is interesting:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ck-fulton-sex-abuse-campaign-payroll0413.html

Victim in sex abuse case worked on Fulton Brock's campaign

"While Susan Brock was sexually abusing a Chandler boy, her husband's campaign committee was paying thousands of dollars to the victim and his family for work during the the supervisor's 2008 re-election.

Altogether, "Friends of Fulton Brock" paid $8,730 to the victim and three other members of his family during Brock's 2008 campaign. The boy, then 15, and his sister mostly erected signs, while the victim's older brother and mother mostly collected signatures for petitions, according to records obtained by The Arizona Republic from the Maricopa County Elections Office...."

and

"...County Supervisor Fulton Brock was president of his campaign committee while his wife, Susan Brock, acted as its treasurer. The Brocks and the victim's family had been close for years, authorities said. Their friendship began when the boy's family delivered cookies and a butterfly to the Brock home after the Brocks' oldest daughter suffered an epileptic seizure, according to Pinal County Deputy Attorney Jason Holmberg. Little did the family know, Holmberg said, that they were taking cookies "to a woman who would destroy their family......"

more at link

This is one of the most tawdry cases I've ever read of. The mother and her daughter were both aware that the other was abusing the boy. The father acted surprised by the revelation and yet it's seeming clearer everyday, that he knew.

And even after getting her sentence of 13 years and Mr. Brock filing for divorce, this:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ouse-recordings-food-conjugal-visits0413.html

Susan Brock asked for conjugal visits, complained about food

"...In the last recorded call released by Chandler police, Susan said, "I do love you very much, and I'm in love with you and I wished they'd let me be alone with you."

More at link

I still don't think they quite "get" it.

Oh, I guess it's not just my theory. This is heinous!! Why isn't this man losing his job??This was reported today:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...110420susan-brock-sex-case-husbands-note.html

Fulton Brock knew about wife abusing boy, according to note

"In the weeks before his wife was arrested, Maricopa County Supervisor Fulton Brock had been told his wife was sexually abusing a teenage boy, and he wrote a note detailing plans for how to deal with the claims, according to a Chandler police report.

Police said the note, dated Oct. 19, 2010, and other evidence refute Brock's assertions that he did not know about his wife's actions until her Oct. 26 arrest...."

and

"...In a supplemental report released last week, Chandler police said a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints bishop told them Fulton Brock had been told by another church leader on Oct. 12 or 13 that his wife had performed oral sex on the victim at least twice.

A Pinal County prosecutor has said the note, found in Susan Brock's car the day she was arrested, indicates Brock was planning to deal with accusations against his wife by turning blame on her accuser...."

more at link

Holy Holy Week. I thought the Catholic Church was doing alot of covering up for ages. What the heck is up with these people?

They need to arrest his politico tail. They need to make him and the Church pay for this poor child's therapy.

Yup, yup turn the blame on "the accuser" Folton Brock.

Alrightie then this pedophile said she'd kill herself, but send the boy to law school. Change her will and all.

How long is this going to be tolerated from clergy???? They are mandated reporters. It comes up again and again and people just kind of step over it and move on. I can't. At least two Bishops was told and they did NOT report. This is inexcusable. IMO, the responsibility for every single assault that occurred after disclosure to the Bishops rests squarely on those men's shoulders.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...424brock-molestation-case-church-reports.html

Experts: Church erred in Brock sex case
Church leaders held back key details, officials say

"Law-enforcement authorities said local leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints never reported information to police that could have protected a teenager abused by Susan Brock, wife of Maricopa County Supervisor Fulton Brock.

Church spokeswoman Kim Farah said leaders did report the abuse, but she declined to provide details on who was told and when. The LDS church, based in Salt Lake City, would let Farah be quoted only for this story. Farah said the actions of the church were appropriate...."

and

"...In October [2009], Susan Brock admitted to Bishop Matthew Meyers that she had molested the teen three times, the records show. The bishop is the lay leader of the local ward, or congregation. Still, the bishop did not go to police, Deputy Pinal County Attorney Jason Holmberg said during Susan Brock's April 7 presentence hearing.

On Oct. 19 [2009], the father and his son went to Bishop Troy Hansen and told him the abuse was far worse and extensive than Susan Brock had acknowledged, the records show. But the crimes were not reported until Oct. 22, when the father, "tired of waiting," took his son to the Chandler Police Department..."

and

"...Authorities say they are continuing to investigate the Brock case. They have declined to say whether they are considering any legal action involving LDS church leaders...."

More at link

They might be considering charges but I'll be shocked if any are forthcoming. This is an excellent article concerning the role of clergy in abuse disclosure. Seems that not everyone agrees.

I'll bet this will be embarrassing. My heart does go out to the younger daughter (remember the elder one is charged with sexually assaulting the same boy) but this mess needs to be cleaned up. The people of Maricopa County deserve some transparency. They elected this man to a high office. Brock seems to think that his county should "respect his privacy". They might have been willing to if he hadn't lied repeatedly.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...8chandler-fulton-susan-brock-divorce0429.html

Maricopa County judge refuses to seal Brocks' divorce case

"A judge has refused to seal the divorce case of Maricopa County Supervisor Fulton Brock and his wife, Susan, despite Brock's claim that publicity could damage his career and his youngest daughter's well-being...."

and

"...First-amendment attorney Dan Barr and family law attorney Annette Burns said in interviews that the publicity of the divorce could not be any worse than Fulton Brock has already endured. His wife's criminal case has put the family under a microscope.

"This is a high public official in a matter where his wife has been convicted of a serious crime," said Barr. "Of course this is going to impact his political career. It might as well be accurate instead of general and rumored...."

more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back