GUILTY OH - Tyrese Short, 3, beaten to death, Cincinnati, 28 Dec 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I read about these two little ones a couple days ago & can't stop thinking about them...what a cycle of abuse here. :(

I'm also hoping someone can help me understand how a 3yo is supposed to turn around a criminal....I haven't read much about those studies that condone or recommend that 'solution'.

WALNUT HILLS - Tyrese Short was close to 3 years old when he was handed over to his father.

The boy was supposed to help Christopher Dangerfield, a 48-year-old with a lengthy criminal record, turn his life around.

But Dangerfield had other issues to contend with as well: the prospect of losing another son to the death penalty.

And now in the span of seven months, a father and a son are accused of the same crime: killing children they were supposed to be caring for.

Christopher Dangerfield was arrested in the death of Tyrese, and Lionell Dangerfield has been charged in the death of 3-month-old Zhi Merah Binford, his girlfriend's daughter.

Tyrese was pronounced dead Tuesday at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

Zhi was discovered dead on a couch in South Fairmount on May 31. Her skull had been fractured and her ribs broken. Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters has recommended the death penalty for Lionell Dangerfield, 26.

more here

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101229/NEWS010701/12300339/Son-then-father-accused-in-deaths

:rose: Run & play with the angels forever, Zhi & Tyrese :rose:

Another precious baby lost due to the incompetence of CPS. Why was this man ever given custody with his criminal history? They thought it might straighten him out, so they used the child as an experiment. FAIL.

Yep, you learn what you live. Like father, like son. No surprises here. Another reasons for tougher and longer sentences for child abusers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back