Yipes, suddenly can't load photographs

justthinkin

Reaction score
What happened to the box for adding a file attachment or photograph to a new post?

All I get now is a list of 3 options, and file attachment's not one of them.

Never mind. I figured it out. :rolleyes: Oh but wait, the new method is much. much slower. Before I could copy a picture, download it my pictures on my computer, and then click on the picture to load it onto WS. Now I'm forced to actually type out the location of the photo on the web, and some of these photos have pretty long urls. I think this is going to be too cumbersome to want to even post a picture anymore.

Trying to post a photo by copypasting the URL
eb77a6a909bafbaf665289e2bf864329.jpg

and uploading it as an attachment from my computer:

Edit: it seems to work for me. I'm not sure what's changed but I was able to copypaste the URL and upload Adji's picture from my computer just as easily as before. Maybe you could try again later if it was just a temporary glitch?

Attachments

• 0059b90568240a2cf6e736a9dc693955.jpg
    0059b90568240a2cf6e736a9dc693955.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0

I have not tried it today, but early this morning, the icon for adding attachments which usually appears under a post draft had disappeared, and had been replaced by a box that said something about 3 options, none of which was adding an attachment. As I recall one of the options listed was for parsing a link.

Seems to be fine now. I'm not sure what happened.
Thanks!

Hi ! I'm having the problem again, in the JonBenet thread, "Steely's curling iron theory. Tried to add a photo, and the usual box for doing so is missing. Replaced by an additional options box which does not include uploading a photo.

No, no problem with other forums. Did you look at that WS page I included in my last post, closely? There is no box marked: manage attachments. At least, I'm not seeing one. How can that happen? I'm at a total loss on this. I clicked on it just now, and nope, don't see manage attachments.

Actually I've only had the problem when I've been on the JonBenet threads.

I really don't understand this or why it's happening. Never had it happen prior to Dec. 2010.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back