1164 users online (177 members and 987 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

cold cases interest in columbia

hey! our local news channel wis has recfently starting doinfg a feature called "the news you chose" where preople go on line and vote for a story they would like to see covered in depth. this week, due to some recent ones solved, an option is "solving cold cases".

if y'all have some time, before monday i think, go to www.wistv.com and vote . it is on the main page and towards the bottom on the left.

maybe we can get dail some attention again! she deserves it.

bumping for dail!

I did read that Riveria said he had nothing to do with her disappearance. And since he was in a "confessing" mood that might be true.

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletgirl2002
    I did read that Riveria said he had nothing to do with her disappearance. And since he was in a "confessing" mood that might be true.
    In pretrial hearings, Rivera has admitted he raped and killed four young women beginning in 1999 in the Augusta, Ga., area. His attorney is defending him on the grounds of mental illness.

Around the time of Dail's disappearance, the now 38-year-old Rivera lived in Columbia and was a student at USC. Investigators interviewed Rivera but could find no link. Rivera had left a suicide note listing his victims, Chambers says, and denied any involvement with Dinwiddie (or Paula Merchant).

GreenvilleOnline.com - For parents of missing daughter, time passes but hope remains

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

The article I linked above is very thorough and has a lot of nice background information about Dail:

Dail was a quiet figure, easily liked.

"She had a type of charisma that made people want to be around her," he says...

She had a sweet coating; she slept with her teddy bear, always, on into college. But underneath, others who knew her say, was a feisty spirit tempered with a sharp ability to judge character...

GreenvilleOnline.com - For parents of missing daughter, time passes but hope remains

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    In pretrial hearings, Rivera has admitted he raped and killed four young women beginning in 1999 in the Augusta, Ga., area. His attorney is defending him on the grounds of mental illness.

Around the time of Dail's disappearance, the now 38-year-old Rivera lived in Columbia and was a student at USC. Investigators interviewed Rivera but could find no link. Rivera had left a suicide note listing his victims, Chambers says, and denied any involvement with Dinwiddie (or Paula Merchant).

the way dail would have probably walked from jungles's to her parents house is scary to think about. especially if she shortcutted off the main roads. i tried to take a shortcut after leaving a tanning be in 5 points and i almost started crying in my car i was so freaked out. there is definately a rough neighborhood behind 5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina
    i tried to take a shortcut after leaving a tanning be in 5 points and i almost started crying in my car i was so freaked out.
    How awful! Imagine actually being able to walk or drive anywhere you want to, day or night, without fear of sexual assault or death? I don't even want to think about this poor girl taking that walk by herself if you were so frightened just driving there. Of course, that was ten years ago but the literature out there definitely makes it sound as if it wasn't a safe area back then either.

Mahatma Gandhi

I was a senior at the University of South Carolina when Dail disappeared. It was the night of the U2 concert. I had tickets, but had to miss it b/c I forgot I had a test the next day and had to study. I would have been at Jungle Jims that night...

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAnne
    I was a senior at the University of South Carolina when Dail disappeared. It was the night of the U2 concert. I had tickets, but had to miss it b/c I forgot I had a test the next day and had to study. I would have been at Jungle Jims that night...
    Wow, that's really bizarre.

BTW, have you ever seen U2? It's almost impossible to get tickets now so I'd be kicking myself if I gave up the chance so that I could study!

Mahatma Gandhi

Nope, I've never seen U2.

I could see the stadium from my dorm room window, and could hear the concert as well...studying was definately difficult!

last night on our local evening news (WIS) the story viewers voted to learn more about was midlands missing people.

they did a nice story on shelton sanders who has been missing since 2001.

here is his link:http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3382468

it also gave all of dail's information and showed lots of pictures of her and her family.

dail is missed so much in our community and it is long past time for someone to come forward!

Quote Originally Posted by carolina
    dail is missed so much in our community and it is long past time for someone to come forward!
    It's so great that her story was on again. I think that's so important. Maybe by showing her story every so often, someone will eventually call LE with some information.

Mahatma Gandhi

almost another year has gone by but we have not forgotten about you dail!

prayers dail will come home soon as she is very very much missed.

we haven't stopped missing you dail!! and we haven't forgotten.

An excellent article about the case from 2003. It gives a lot of background and mentions that the family of this beautiful girl won't give up!

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/200...0303233381.htm

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast