1164 users online (177 members and 987 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 265
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244

    cold cases interest in columbia

    hey! our local news channel wis has recfently starting doinfg a feature called "the news you chose" where preople go on line and vote for a story they would like to see covered in depth. this week, due to some recent ones solved, an option is "solving cold cases".

    if y'all have some time, before monday i think, go to www.wistv.com and vote . it is on the main page and towards the bottom on the left.

    maybe we can get dail some attention again! she deserves it.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    bumping for dail!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    471
    I did read that Riveria said he had nothing to do with her disappearance. And since he was in a "confessing" mood that might be true.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletgirl2002
    I did read that Riveria said he had nothing to do with her disappearance. And since he was in a "confessing" mood that might be true.
    In pretrial hearings, Rivera has admitted he raped and killed four young women beginning in 1999 in the Augusta, Ga., area. His attorney is defending him on the grounds of mental illness.

    Around the time of Dail's disappearance, the now 38-year-old Rivera lived in Columbia and was a student at USC. Investigators interviewed Rivera but could find no link. Rivera had left a suicide note listing his victims, Chambers says, and denied any involvement with Dinwiddie (or Paula Merchant).

    GreenvilleOnline.com - For parents of missing daughter, time passes but hope remains

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    The article I linked above is very thorough and has a lot of nice background information about Dail:



    Dail was a quiet figure, easily liked.

    "She had a type of charisma that made people want to be around her," he says...

    She had a sweet coating; she slept with her teddy bear, always, on into college. But underneath, others who knew her say, was a feisty spirit tempered with a sharp ability to judge character...

    GreenvilleOnline.com - For parents of missing daughter, time passes but hope remains

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    In pretrial hearings, Rivera has admitted he raped and killed four young women beginning in 1999 in the Augusta, Ga., area. His attorney is defending him on the grounds of mental illness.

    Around the time of Dail's disappearance, the now 38-year-old Rivera lived in Columbia and was a student at USC. Investigators interviewed Rivera but could find no link. Rivera had left a suicide note listing his victims, Chambers says, and denied any involvement with Dinwiddie (or Paula Merchant).

    GreenvilleOnline.com - For parents of missing daughter, time passes but hope remains
    the way dail would have probably walked from jungles's to her parents house is scary to think about. especially if she shortcutted off the main roads. i tried to take a shortcut after leaving a tanning be in 5 points and i almost started crying in my car i was so freaked out. there is definately a rough neighborhood behind 5 points.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina
    i tried to take a shortcut after leaving a tanning be in 5 points and i almost started crying in my car i was so freaked out.
    How awful! Imagine actually being able to walk or drive anywhere you want to, day or night, without fear of sexual assault or death? I don't even want to think about this poor girl taking that walk by herself if you were so frightened just driving there. Of course, that was ten years ago but the literature out there definitely makes it sound as if it wasn't a safe area back then either.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    400
    I was a senior at the University of South Carolina when Dail disappeared. It was the night of the U2 concert. I had tickets, but had to miss it b/c I forgot I had a test the next day and had to study. I would have been at Jungle Jims that night...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAnne
    I was a senior at the University of South Carolina when Dail disappeared. It was the night of the U2 concert. I had tickets, but had to miss it b/c I forgot I had a test the next day and had to study. I would have been at Jungle Jims that night...
    Wow, that's really bizarre.

    BTW, have you ever seen U2? It's almost impossible to get tickets now so I'd be kicking myself if I gave up the chance so that I could study!

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    400
    Nope, I've never seen U2.

    I could see the stadium from my dorm room window, and could hear the concert as well...studying was definately difficult!


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    last night on our local evening news (WIS) the story viewers voted to learn more about was midlands missing people.

    they did a nice story on shelton sanders who has been missing since 2001.

    here is his link:http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3382468

    it also gave all of dail's information and showed lots of pictures of her and her family.

    dail is missed so much in our community and it is long past time for someone to come forward!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina
    dail is missed so much in our community and it is long past time for someone to come forward!
    It's so great that her story was on again. I think that's so important. Maybe by showing her story every so often, someone will eventually call LE with some information.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    almost another year has gone by but we have not forgotten about you dail!

    prayers dail will come home soon as she is very very much missed.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    244
    we haven't stopped missing you dail!! and we haven't forgotten.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,750
    An excellent article about the case from 2003. It gives a lot of background and mentions that the family of this beautiful girl won't give up!

    http://greenvilleonline.com/news/200...0303233381.htm

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 11:25 PM
  2. CA CA - Samuel Brooks, 39, Oceanside, 26 Sept 1992
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2016, 07:56 PM
  3. Found Safe PA - Hannah Fleckenstein, 15, Columbia, 11 Sept 2015
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 10:19 PM
  4. GUILTY SC - Desiree Felder, 46, Columbia, 4 Sept 2005
    By babydust2004 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2015, 02:54 AM
  5. PA PA - John Thistlewood, 37, Philadelphia, 11 Sept 1992
    By Kat in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 07:56 PM

Tags for this Thread