849 users online (140 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    merry christmas dail.

bumping for dail. it's been too long!!

Dail Dinwiddie, disappeared September 24, 1992 from Columbia, South Carolina

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/dinwiddie.html

Dail Boxley Dinwiddie

Disappeared September 24, 1992

Vital Statistics:
    Date of Birth: April 12, 1969
    Height and weight:5'0, 96 pounds
    Distinguishing characteristics:Light brown hair with blonde highlights, brown eyes. She had facial dimples. One finger on each of Dinwiddie's hands is disabled.
    Last seen wearing a long sleeved olive green, a bright blue L.L. bean jacket tied around her waste, jeans and new white running shoes or brown boots.

Dail attended a U2 concert in Columbia South Carolina on the night of her disappearance. Her and some friends went to a bar called Jungle Jims, a club in the Five Points area of Columbia. She didn't live very far from this club, they say a long walk, but doable. She took off on foot from this bar and was never seen again.

Thanks for creating a thread for Dail, Hollow! For some reason I thought there already was one.

i have really become obsessed with this mystery, I feel as though she really had a bright future ahead of her, as is the case with alot of missing people and victims of crime. It's so sad that this happened.

She was also so tiny, you'd think it would be obvious it was her if they had found her unidentified somewhere, she might even be mistaken as a child.

Thanks Lisag, I just read the whole other thread. It's really strange because I searched her name before I started this and it didn't come up, I wonder if I type-o'd???

Unhappy

Another bump for Dail. I have an unconfirmed source that may know something about this case. He was at USC and knew her informally. I'll let you know if he has any info regarding the case...it may be nothing so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. God Bless Dail and her family.

dna

lilsister - this article states somethign about a new lead also. thank goodness they also have her dna on file now to rule out possibilities. hopefully we will get some long awaited answers soon! 14 years of not knowing is just unacceptable!

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/14785838.htm

I am still working on this lead. I cannot imagine what her family is going through!It may be nothing but I hope we get something//////////Bumping for Dail! God Bless her family!

That poor family. I can't even imagine what their lives are like with their daughter missing for that many years. She was such a little thing. Someone just have just grabbed her up as she headed home. When friends go out together they should make a pact to stay together. I wonder how they expected Dail to get home without a vehicle? I wish she had called a cab or her dad. We just never think that something so horrible could happen to us.

I don't understand how LE could get Dail's DNA from someone that they might happen to arrest or did I misunderstand that? I can understand if they find a body and then match the DNA but how would her DNA still be on someone after all of these years?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what the article says.....

Or if police make an arrest and gather DNA evidence, they can run it through the database to see if it is a match to Dinwiddie.

Post Bumping Dail

Just a bump for Dail. Tonight, crimerant.com had a guest blog from a college friend of Dail, if you care to take a look.
    http://www.crimerant.com/?p=213

Prayers for Dail's family, friends, and all who love and miss her.
    Someone, Somewhere, Knows Something...Help Bring The Missing Home

SC - Dail Dinwiddie, 23

Please visit the link below. Thanks.

http://www.kristenfoundation.org/cgi...port=sp&ID=027

And here's more info from a columnist who knew Dail personally.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/kat...rker092302.asp

Bumping for Dail and her family. Anyone on here from the SC area who would like to discuss this case? Does anyone know if LE is open with it's information, for example did any POI ever take lie detector tests or where there never any POI? I wonder about the bouncer who saw her last. And since we know she was usually a very careful person, I wonder if it's possible someone in LE is the perp--saw her walking alone at night in 5 points and offered her a ride. I truly don't think Rivera is the perp in this case. I've thought of writing to Rivera, who is on death row in GA, to see if he'd offer up any information IF he in fact is involved. Since he is on death row and has confessed to the murders in GA, why wouldn't he tell about Dail IF he was the perp.

There was a $50,000 reward (may still be in place, I don't know) in this case. You'd think with that kind of money offered someone would have talked.

Don't want to skip over Paula Merchant and her disappearance in 1999. Although their disappearanced occurred 7 years apart, LE still wonders if Rivera was the perp in both cases. We do know Rivera was killing in SC in 1999, but did he start as early as 1992? If so, there are other victims.
    Last edited by s_finch; 06-02-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added more info.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast