GUILTY NY - Thorne Gridley for serious injury to 1yo daughter, Cicero, 2009

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
What a horrible thing to do to a baby, who also had bite marks & healed fractured ribs - and as bad, IMO, is "the judge noted the stress of being a young parent to a young child often leads to such incidents."

I know lots of young parents who don't have easy lives, but they aren't breaking their babies' ribs, or peforating their bowels.

<snip>
Thorne Gridley apologized and told County Judge Anthony Aloi he hoped to be a better person, a better husband and a better father in the future.

Gridley, 28, of Griffin Drive, pleaded guilty in October to a felony count of first-degree assault for injuring his 1-year-old daughter with the thermometer between April and November 2009.

Assistant District Attorney Jeremy Cali said the thermometer was inserted so far into the child’s rectum with such force that it perforated her bowel, resulting in the need for surgery.

According to the prosecutor, the damage was so severe that the child was “moments from death” when the emergency surgery was performed that saved her life.

more here

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/01/cicero_man_gets_7_years_in_pri.html

OMG! I can't even imagine the pain this sweet child went through. maybe they should do the same to him!!

Since when is 28yo being a "young parent"? He would have been 25yo or so when the child was born, wouldn't he? That's hardly young enough to explain something like this, IMO.

Since when is 28yo being a "young parent"? He would have been 25yo or so when the child was born, wouldn't he? That's hardly young enough to explain something like this, IMO.

Took the words from my fingertips Duck.

Took the words from my fingertips Duck.

When I saw the judge's words I assumed we'd be seeing a 16-17yo father. I was slightly floored by 28yo. Not that being 16 would have been an excuse, but that age is a bit more in keeping with the inability to control his anger and impulses, etc.

At 28, he's not a "young parent" - he's just an abuser.

Thorne Gridley apologized and told County Judge Anthony Aloi he hoped to be a better person, a better husband and a better father in the future.

I hope he is forced to stay far away from his daughter, and I also hope his wife has some sence and stays away from him aswell! poor child :(

This is just shameful. And 7 years is not enough for what he did to the baby.

I'm one of the many in town who believe the abuse has been on-going, that this wasn't a one-time accident.

The only good part about this is that Family Court issued an order saying he is to have no contact with either child. (The one his wife just gave birth to, and the one he injured.)

Thanks was just not enough for that.....I am so livid at that comment from the judge....it almost condones that it is okay to hurt a child if you are young....28 IS NOT YOUNG!!! I believe even a teenager would know they were inflicting pain on a baby....just give me a break already...off soap box. But had to agree with your post!!

It's not acceptable behavior for a 12 year old caring for a child. It's abuse, plain and simple. The judge should be sanctioned or reprimanded for that statement, IMO. He dishonors all parents who treat their children with love and compassion, no matter what level of stress they have in their lives.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back