Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

All who are local to C-City, Snyder, or family, please consider the following:

Originally Posted by TGIRecovered
    Okay, we need to see if you can be verified as a local insider so that you can post information even if there is no media link for it. WS rules or TOS are designed to help us keep from spreading unfounded rumors. If you are getting info straight from family etc., and Tricia can verify that you are who you say you are, she will let you have a bit more freedom in what you can post. She does not reveal any presonal info such as your real name unless you ask her to. Make sense?

Here is the link for instructions on how to be verified:

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Quote Originally Posted by everyoneneedsavoice View Post
    Thanks...I've been searching for the link to the "verification" process for 15 mins.

Please, please get verified as local...it's not a major process and is only done to ensure the integrity of the information posted here; to the extent possible.

Good Morning Fellow WSers...

And to all of our new members

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

What is it about rural areas & missing girls/women? It seems to me more&more cases on here are located there vs a big city or out in the 'burbs'..It's always been considered a 'safer' place to live in general but I've had doubts about that even before I noticed this pattern..I personally have a fear of rural areas & feel 'safer' walking the streets of a major city even at night..Maybe some part of that is due to the fact I've always lived in the 'burbs' not that far from my major city & rural areas are so foreign to me..I welcome a diff perspective on this issue..TIA!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:

Mia

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkey Lou View Post
    locked, as in set to private ? Is that what you mean ?
    Haha....thanks....I couldn't think of the word they use...thus the quotes around the word. Yes, private status updates can be seen via some mobile phones.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    Friendly FYI,

If you have an Iphone, you can look at 'locked' myspace pages. Just in case you ever wanted to do that. ;-)
    Very interesting! I don't have one but do you hear that people? Get those Iphones fired up and report back to us electronicly disadvantaged folks!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Very interesting! I don't have one but do you hear that people? Get those Iphones fired up and report back to us electronicly disadvantaged folks!
    We can't post info here about people not named as suspects. So, it would be a 'read only' thing, I guess.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    BBM

Didn't leave "where" intentionally"? I thought he said she left to sleep over at her friend's?

And if it raised a red flag to "us" (since it sounds as if Mr. Adkins is including himself in that group), then why did he not say anything to Hailey or report it immediately to her mother? Wasn't he home when Hailey left? How else would they know so quickly that he hadn't taken anything along with her?

My hinky meter is pinging at about an 11.5 right now.
    I was going to post something similar..It seems they're talking about her 'running away' but whatever the case may be it's been constantly reported (so far) that b/f didn't think anything of her leaving overnight.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:

There is a process for folks that are joining. All new members have to go through the process. As soon as it is completed, bchmlb9906 will be allowed to join.Also anyone posting with "inside" information has to be verified. If you are just a local and posting local info, you need to link to the info or stat your info is rumor. If you want your information to be given more credit, you need to be verified as a local.

You can be verified by sending the following information to this email: wsverify@xmission.com

Please include the following in your email:

The case (Missing/Located - Haily Dunn)
    Your Websleuths name

Your phone number and a good time to call
    Your real name.

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

We do this to protect our posters from those that would join and post here and pretend to know things they do not. It is a painless process and won't take long.

If you choose not to be verified, all info must be linked or is considered rumor. Outrageous rumors will be removed.

Thanks,

Salem

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

WARNING: Posting information regarding private conversations with case players will be removed if the "case player" is unaware that you are obtaining info to share on a very, public, sleuthing forum. Please keep this in mind and act ethically.

Salem

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    BBM

Didn't leave "where" intentionally"? I thought he said she left to sleep over at her friend's?

And if it raised a red flag to "us" (since it sounds as if Mr. Adkins is including himself in that group), then why did he not say anything to Hailey or report it immediately to her mother? Wasn't he home when Hailey left? How else would they know so quickly that he hadn't taken anything along with her?

My hinky meter is pinging at about an 11.5 right now.
    IMO, that's a case of bad reporting...here's a quote from mom:

snipped>>

Her parents say they're now beginning to fear the worst.
    "There's a chance somebody abducted her," Hailey's mother Billie Jean Dunn told us, "that's in the back of my mind because of the fact that she didn't take anything and because this is so out of her character. I'm pretty terrified of that."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26358328/detail.html

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

Okay, I looked at the video posted in the 1st link here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    Yeah, it really looks like the boyfriend, but I guess not if the boyfriend is the man on the couch with mom in this video.
    http://www.ktxs.com/video/26358113/index.html (around 1:55)
    Bio dad's eyes are interesting. Skip the first part of the video if you are short on time and go to around the 1:10 mark.
    http://www.ktxs.com/news/26345660/detail.html
    And figured out where CD (Dad) lives. He does NOT live just across the street, but actually over a street and around 2 corners. No, not that far, but definitely, IMHO, not across the street, as has been reported. Hailey likely would have cut across between the backs of other houses (3-4 buildings/6-8 residences, since these are duplex houses) and a field with water towers to get to CD's house from BO's house. This leave more room for what happened to Hailey between BO's house and CD's hosue, IMO. While it is an open field, it is not as I was picturing as the houses being right across the street from one another.

So if she initially headed in the direction of her father's house, when and where did she veer and which direction did she head after that?

And link... http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...478db&t=h&z=13
    Last edited by hollye; 01-04-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Edited to make map smaller & add link so other's can see it larger

Quote Originally Posted by spankysmom View Post
    I feel certain any empty/boarded house has been checked out, there are a few old houses around where Hailey lives, Im told even yesterday, several LE cars pulled up to one right behind their house... Im sure they are still checking.
    I hope that they go back to any that may have had a more cursory search in the beginning. There is searching as in looking thru the yard and bushes and seeing a house which appears to still be tightly secured, and then there is SEARCHING, as in checking underneath the house and in the attic and crawl spaces and inside any sealed storage boxes for discarded evidence or worse.

After the hollow tree incident in Ohio, I believe I would even consider ripping open a water heater if my child was missing! oh...I hope SA or any sex offender neighbors are not welders!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

There seems to be some 'confusion' now re: where exactly dad lives..It was originally said it was "right across the street" but in a few posts above (with links to articles) it's being reported otherwise..Even if it's a few "doors down" it's not a big deal but it is another example of changing info in this case.

eta..I see now from above post (with map) it's way more then just a "few doors down" & that makes it a way bigger deal then I first thought.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post

And figured out where CD (Dad) lives. He does NOT live just across the street, but actually over a street and around 2 corners. No, not that far, but definitely, IMHO, not across the street, as has been reported. Hailey likely would have cut across between the backs of other houses (3-4 buildings/6-8 residences, since these are duplex houses) and a field with water towers to get to CD's house from BO's house. This leave more room for what happened to Hailey between BO's house and CD's hosue, IMO. While it is an open field, it is not as I was picturing as the houses being right across the street from one another.

So if she initially headed in the direction of her father's house, when and where did she veer and which direction did she head after that?

Excellent work! Clicking "Thanks" just wasn't enough!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Hello there spankysmom!

I want to be sure you've seen my previous post at 10:26am. You can use the link to be verified to post as a local person. It's not painful, and it makes it musch easier for you to post about your knowledge of the community without having to find a media link for the info.

I live in Abilene, so we are from the same area, but we have posters and readers from across the nation and even other countries, so we are practically neighbors in comparison! Glad to have you here!
    Hey cool, I live in San Angelo!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to epresley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
    There seems to be some 'confusion' now re: where exactly dad lives..It was originally said it was "right across the street" but in a few posts above (with links to articles) it's being reported otherwise..Even if it's a few "doors down" it's not a big deal but it is another example of changing info in this case.

Not really IMO. You'd be able to see dads house from mom's and she would simply have to walk across the street to get there. If I lived there I would call it across the street too.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    I know that things are more relaxed in a small town than in a big one....I live in a really small town....but, something bothers me about HOW relaxed things seem to be with this family. Dad has a new baby with his gf....mom has a bf who sometimes lives with her and the 2 kids....sounds like SA has a key and drops in whenever....he's not that much older than the kids. I wonder if Hailey felt uncomfortable about this? Probably me just being old fashioned. Never mind..
    I feel the same way and if I had a teen daughter I know that I'd be over protective in that regard. Anyone know how long he has been the BF?

I wonder if Hailey is normally with her brother if the BF is hanging around when Mom is not present, i.e. after school, etc. but because of the Christmas Break that wasn't the case that day? Typically, she and her brother would be in school if BF was dropping in and out of their home during the day.

I get the feeling that the holiday schedule and the opportunities/risks that it presented will factor heavily in this situation.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnoopyGal For This Useful Post:

On street view, you can see the back of dad's house from in front of mom's house. There is the boarded up house, if it is still there, to the right and the water towers plus some utility buildings. To the left as you walk from mom's house to dad's house, there are the side of one house and the backs of 2 others.

As I said, while it is not far, I don't consider it across the street as there are a few obstacles in between, as opposed to simply a two lane residential street separating the two houses.

However, I can see why others may consider it to be across the street.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post

FYI, when I search, I get the house on Chestnut as the dad's house...

ETA: Is there a link for the dad's address that you guys are using? I still get Chestnut.
    Last edited by belimom; 01-04-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by everyoneneedsavoice View Post
    IMO, that's a case of bad reporting...here's a quote from mom:

snipped>>

Her parents say they're now beginning to fear the worst.
    "There's a chance somebody abducted her," Hailey's mother Billie Jean Dunn told us, "that's in the back of my mind because of the fact that she didn't take anything and because this is so out of her character. I'm pretty terrified of that."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26358328/detail.html

I really don't doubt that Mom is worried out of her mind. I do however, have my doubts about the boyfriend and his version of events. Everything Billie knows regarding Hailey's disappearance is based upon what he told her. She stated on Nancy Grace last night that there are no witnesses to verify seeing Hailey leave her house or walking on the route to her friend's.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Not really IMO. You'd be able to see dads house from mom's and she would simply have to walk across the street to get there. If I lived there I would call it across the street too.
    From the map & description by poster it doesn't seem all that "simple" to me & I'd like to know the distance if anyone can tell. TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    and the friend's home is not in that same direction as her father's? correct? The bloodhounds according to mom, darted toward's the friend's house? I am just trying to be sure.
    I have not seen it stated where the friend's house actually was, other than 4-5 blocks away. I am still trying to get that information.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Here is the street view from mom's house to across the street. You can see dad's house behind the tree in the middle of the screen and to the left.

Last edited by hollye; 01-04-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Edited to make smaller

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

I hope that they go back to any that may have had a more cursory search in the beginning. There is searching as in looking thru the yard and bushes and seeing a house which appears to still be tightly secured, and then there is SEARCHING, as in checking underneath the house and in the attic and crawl spaces and inside any sealed storage boxes for discarded evidence or worse.

After the hollow tree incident in Ohio, I believe I would even consider ripping open a water heater if my child was missing! oh...I hope SA or any sex offender neighbors are not welders!
    I am so with you on this one!

I'm still NOT over those 2 recent cases & probably never will be!

eta..Also, Zahara! How could I possibly forget about that poor girl

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:

I am so with you on this one!

I'm still NOT over those 2 recent cases & probably never will be!

eta..Also, Zahara! How could I possibly forget about that poor girl

you and me both.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

From the map & description by poster it doesn't seem all that "simple" to me & I'd like to know the distance if anyone can tell. TIA!
    As the crow flies, it is approximately 541 feet, as in from the front door of mom's house to the back of dad's house.

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast