Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Divorce Hearing information

Ummm, just read this was cancelled again for three months, will find link...
    Just my opinion, of course.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...g_schedul.html

Postponed...I am not surprised. I honestly think that the law is unsure on what to do in this case; if they allow the divorce to go ahead with TH taking the 5th and losing all visitation and assets and then later someone else is convicted, it would be a mess. Of course, I don't know why it is delayed again, but I am thinking the judge is hoping there will be some movement at some point.
    Last edited by cluciano63; 03-30-2011 at 04:20 PM.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Oh Nooooooooooo! I guess the abatement has not been settled then....? Do you think we will get to see any documents on who asked for it to be rescheduled or why?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:

I was afraid this was gonna happen! Now I have to change the WS calendar and EVERYTHING!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Horman divorce hearing scheduled for Thursday cancelled, set over for another three m

The Multnomah County judge handling the pending divorce case between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman has cancelled a scheduled Thursday hearing and will delay it for another three months.

Terri Horman's divorce attorney Peter Bunch argued last fall that a parallel civil divorce case, while the criminal investigation proceeds into Kyron's disappearance from Skyline School, would jeopardize Terri Horman's Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself. Bunch argued that law enforcement are trying to obtain discovery through the civil proceeding for the ongoing criminal case.

Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer ruled in October that there's "substantial overlap of evidence" between the divorce case and the criminal inquiry and parallel proceedings could create a discovery nightmare. But he said he also had to balance Terri Horman's constitutional rights with Kaine Horman's right to a prompt resolution of custody, parenting, property and financial matters.

I am so outraged over all of this!! What about Kyron's rights???

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladybulldog For This Useful Post:

Would both parties have to agree, or was this up to the judge? Wish we knew...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I am so outraged by all of this!! What about Kyron's rights???

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ladybulldog For This Useful Post:

Day before the hearing they move the date again? UNREAL!
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:

snip
    A hearing scheduled for January was postponed until the spring. The court then set aside nine hours for a March 31 hearing, but that hearing has been delayed for another three months, with no new date agreed to as of yet, according to the judge's clerk

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...schedul_1.html
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:

I guess Kaine is never going to be rid of this evil woman. Bless his heart!!!!

~jmo~

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Gee, I wonder if they have reconciled or are thinking about that? Na, doubt it but it sure is exasperating

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Oh you have GOT to be KIDDING me!!!! Kaine's lawyer really needs to FIGHT THIS! I so call the very last day in June, and then the day before, it'll be delayed ANOTHER three months. I'm so glad all the rights are in Terri's corner!

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Oh you have GOT to be KIDDING me!!!! Kaine's lawyer really needs to FIGHT THIS! I so call the very last day in June, and then the day before, it'll be delayed ANOTHER three months. I'm so glad all the rights are in Terri's corner!
    But maybe the lawyers agreed? We really don't know why it has been postponed. Someone said the abatement part was settled I think. I don't think we should assume Kaine is against the delay, until we hear more, if we do.

PS- Maybe a lawyer can tell us whether or not both sides would have to agree or if a judge could/would just postpone it so she would not have to decide anything right now.
    Last edited by cluciano63; 03-30-2011 at 06:21 PM.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

By all means, judge, protect the rights of Terri. The victims will just have to suck it up so Terri can be protected! She must be feeling pretty smug right now.
    IMO

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

On a positive thought, maybe the new searches are finding something. Maybe Kaine or LE wanted to wait, and see if the search brought closure to this.

I'm baffled...yet not surprised...if that makes any sense.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ClueMeIn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...g_schedul.html

Postponed...I am not surprised. I honestly think that the law is unsure on what to do in this case; if they allow the divorce to go ahead with TH taking the 5th and losing all visitation and assets and then later someone else is convicted, it would be a mess. Of course, I don't know why it is delayed again, but I am thinking the judge is hoping there will be some movement at some point.
    Well then..if Terri is innocent let her cooperate...whats the problem? if you want to see your child..and get assets fight for them. But she is choosing not to and it seriously isnt fair on Kaine to make him remain married to a woman whose n ot interested in fighting for anything right now.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For The Kids For This Useful Post:

Maybe it has been postponed because one of the parties is unavailable--like rehab, maybe?
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

What a bizarre case. Gwen, I hadn't thought of a party not being available, but that's an interesting possibility. My first thought when I read about it was that the searches in January and this weekend were critical to the hearing going forward, from LE's and the court's perspective. My guess is that they thought for sure they'd be able to file specific criminal charges by the hearing date, and convinced the judge of that as well. Since there was nothing found (presumably) they are still in a holding pattern with regard to the "overlap of evidence". Is there a plausible scenario in which something WAS found last weekend, thereby delaying the hearing again? I'm just baffled by all the twists and lack of information.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PDXMom For This Useful Post:

That will make it almost exactly a year since she last saw baby K (provided Kaine has not allowed her visitation without us knowing it, which I doubt he has).

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Maybe it has been postponed because one of the parties is unavailable--like rehab, maybe?
    No pregnancy, I hope...
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
    Groucho Marx

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tink56 For This Useful Post:

I was thinking the opposite, that because they have not found anything, it was postponed...I really think the judges are baffled on this one. It would be nice to know if KH agreed or had no choice in the delay, though.

I don't think LE really expected to learn anything from the divorce, it is pretty clear TH won't be talking. But the courts can't delay this forever.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Rehab? Pregnancy? What in the world are you guys talking about?

Maybe I missed something?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Good Lord, I wish Kyron would be found and that this divorce would go through. I cannot imagine the how hard it must be and how long any healing will take if and when there are any answers.
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LotsaLatte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybulldog View Post
    I am so outraged by all of this!! What about Kyron's rights???
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Since it is clear that TMH is choosing to exercise her constitutionally protected right not to say anything for fear that it may incriminate her, I don't see how the divorce trial affects Kyron's rights in any way.

Kyron would not be subject to any custody decisions because TMH is not biologically or legally related to him.

The only difference a divorce hearing may have made would be if TMH consented to get on the witness stand and answer questions. I strongly doubt this will happen, so another extension has no real effect on Kyron's case.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

I find it odd that a court can keep postponing a divorce in a state with no-fault divorce!

Kaine has the right not to be married to this woman anymore, right?

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast