Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    If TH ends up not fighting anything, then we won't learn anything anyway, except that if she does not even fight about money, she will look even more guilty than she does now.

I never believed we would learn anything about Kyron with the divorce; in my opinion, there is nothing that would get TH on any kind of witness stand, ever, without taking the 5th for every question.
    Just my opinion, of course.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If TH ends up not fighting anything, then we won't learn anything anyway, except that if she does not even fight about money, she will look even more guilty than she does now.

I never believed we would learn anything about Kyron with the divorce; in my opinion, there is nothing that would get TH on any kind of witness stand, ever, without taking the 5th for every question.
    That's my thought. If the divorce proceedings go as planned in March, will TH have to say anything? Will she fight for her baby daughter? Will she ask for alimony? Or....will she just sign the papers and walk away?

If she does sign and walk, does that show more guilt than innocence? Is it relevant at all?

Thanks!

Mel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    That's my thought. If the divorce proceedings go as planned in March, will TH have to say anything? Will she fight for her baby daughter? Will she ask for alimony? Or....will she just sign the papers and walk away?

If she does sign and walk, does that show more guilt than innocence? Is it relevant at all?

Thanks!

Mel
    I don't think her attorneys will let her speak at all and will try to protest a divorce until she is either convicted or cleared in the criminal case. I think this is really a tough one for any judge; if he allows the divorce, without TH speaking at all or getting anything from Kaine, and she is later shown to be innocent based on someone else being charged and convicted, would she have any legal avenues to go back and try for a settlement? I can see a judge saying "well, you did not speak when you had the chance" but also could see the issue of being protected by 5th amendment. What a mess.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I don't think her attorneys will let her speak at all and will try to protest a divorce until she is either convicted or cleared in the criminal case. I think this is really a tough one for any judge; if he allows the divorce, without TH speaking at all or getting anything from Kaine, and she is later shown to be innocent based on someone else being charged and convicted, would she have any legal avenues to go back and try for a settlement? I can see a judge saying "well, you did not speak when you had the chance" but also could see the issue of being protected by 5th amendment. What a mess.

I agree that her attorneys will NOT let TH speak at the divorce hearing.

If Kyron IS FOUND ... then Terrie will either be convicted or cleared.

If Kyron IS NOT FOUND ... Terrie will always have a cloud of suspicion hanging over her head -- either Guilty or Innocent -- depending on what a person believes.

Terrie's SILENCE speaks volumes to me.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Wasn't the divorce hearing supposed to resume this month some time?
    John 3:16

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shorty42404 For This Useful Post:

March 31, according to http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...n_pending.html

The next hearing in the pending divorce case between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman has been scheduled for March 31.
    Unless it's been changed again.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    March 31, according to http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...n_pending.html

Unless it's been changed again.

Thanks for the link and reminder.

I hope it does not get postponed again.

I do not think we will learn anything new ... we can only hope !

Prayers for Kyron, Desiree, Tony, Kaine and that Kyron may be found soon.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Two More Weeks

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:

Whew! Every time I see this post bumped up, I'm terrified it got postponed again! LOL

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

I hope the divorce is finalized soon, something needs to be completed in this case. I have zero expectations that TH will open her mouth at all, or that anything concerning Kyron will be learned. But it needs to be over, so that the criminal aspects of this case are the only focus.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I hope the divorce is finalized soon, something needs to be completed in this case. I have zero expectations that TH will open her mouth at all, or that anything concerning Kyron will be learned. But it needs to be over, so that the criminal aspects of this case are the only focus.
    I imagine Kaine feels the same way....x million.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citigirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Whew! Every time I see this post bumped up, I'm terrified it got postponed again! LOL

The hearing should be next week...

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:

I'll add it to the WS calendar so everyone can see it on the forum list page and remember.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/index.php?

Way on the bottom right is where it would pop up on the 31st.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Gwen or anyone...do they still have 9 hours set aside for Thursday? Gosh that's a long day. Hoping for some news this week but not holding my breath.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:

How long can it really take, if one party is not fighting anything, I wonder? Anyone?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast