Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Divorce Hearing information

So confusing. I can't believe KH doesn't want to get this over with, but I'm thinking his lawyer would have to agree with this - or maybe because it's an order from the judge, neither lawyer has a choice? I wish I knew how these things work. And I hope TH doesn't automatically get custody rights because the PO may be expired (I can't remember when a year would be for it) by the time this gets to court (and I'm assuming more delays down the road)! I'm really worried about that.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

PDXMom, Clu...I think you are both saying the same thing if I'm reading your posts correctly. Which is pretty difficult in my current state of "cold med induced haze"

They really thought they might find something in these searches but since they did not, they want to postpone the divorce hearing because it's overlapping the criminal case against her. Kaine probably agreed to wait so they could search more and TH doesn't want to talk so she's happy too. They waited to postpone it until the last possible minute but both parties must have agreed, right? I think we would have seen a motion filed if it was only one party wanting to postpone again.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    I find it odd that a court can keep postponing a divorce in a state with no-fault divorce!

Kaine has the right not to be married to this woman anymore, right?
    Yes he has that right but I think his first priority is justice for Kyron. If it means staying married (on paper) until they can file charges against her, I would think he would be happy to wait as long as needed.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:

This is one of those cases that really increases my resentment of defense attorneys. They keep their clients silent, yet insist on reasonable doubt and presumption of innocence.

I've never understood how making a statement, whether it be one showing compassion for the victim or one stating innocence, can come back to hurt the defendant. A public statement is not sworn testimony, and in any event, if a person is truly innocent, how can saying that I too miss and worry about Kyron and have wracked my brain trying to think of things that might help him be found, come back to haunt her?

Not saying she would be believed, especially not now. But one would like to think she was fighting behind the scenes with her lawyer, begging to speak out, and that does not seem to be the case.
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

So has it been confirmed that it was Houze that requested the delay?

Also, doesn't rehab and pregnancy fall under rumors? Are those allowed now? I haven't been here in a while so I'm not sure if the rules had changed to allow them. TIA.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wvjules For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ClueMeIn View Post
    On a positive thought, maybe the new searches are finding something. Maybe Kaine or LE wanted to wait, and see if the search brought closure to this.

I'm baffled...yet not surprised...if that makes any sense.
    I hope you are correct -- that the new searches found something -- anything !

That would be GREAT news !

Quote Originally Posted by wvjules View Post

Also, doesn't rehab and pregnancy fall under rumors? Are those allowed now? I haven't been here in a while so I'm not sure if the rules had changed to allow them. TIA.
    A rumor is "I heard that..." I was simply posing a "What if..." or "I wonder if..." or "Do you suppose..."
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    So confusing. I can't believe KH doesn't want to get this over with, but I'm thinking his lawyer would have to agree with this - or maybe because it's an order from the judge, neither lawyer has a choice? I wish I knew how these things work. And I hope TH doesn't automatically get custody rights because the PO may be expired (I can't remember when a year would be for it) by the time this gets to court (and I'm assuming more delays down the road)! I'm really worried about that.
    July 9, I think. Somewhere thereabouts. And I never try to presuppose what may happen in divorce court, BUT I do hope that the judge will consider that Terri's made no effort to see little K in almost a year, so when Kaine files for an extension of the PO, I'm almost certain he'll get it.

If Terri wants to see little K, she's going to have to fight for visitation, and she's not going anywhere near the stand.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    By all means, judge, protect the rights of Terri. The victims will just have to suck it up so Terri can be protected! She must be feeling pretty smug right now.
    Can only pray that TH goes out and celebrates in a big way with some Jesus juice tonight...meets some undercover cop in a dark corner of her lil' pub and leaks a few tidbits worthy of calling an end to this nightmare...that's my prayer for the day.

Where is Kyron's justice?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wvjules View Post

Sorry to confuse the situation.

I was just remembering the media's question in Sept./Oct. and counting to 9. I was also posing a hypothetical situation in which someone might not be able to make it to court.

If you like, I'll remove the post.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
    Groucho Marx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tink56 For This Useful Post:

Are we even certain that the most recent postponement originated with either side?

As I recall, the judge in the case retired rather suddenly but agreed to remain on this case as a senior judge. Now I'm wondering if whatever caused him to retire so suddenly is also preventing him from sitting on the bench right now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    Are we even certain that the most recent postponement originated with either side?

As I recall, the judge in the case retired rather suddenly but agreed to remain on this case as a senior judge. Now I'm wondering if whatever caused him to retire so suddenly is also preventing him from sitting on the bench right now.
    There has been no indication as to the reasons for the delay.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I am bummed about this delay, too. But I am trying to console myself by thinking how AWFUL we would all feel if Terri were convicted and then the conviction was overturned because of an "error" the civil court judge made by allowing her to testify in the divorce case.

When she finally meets justice, we definitely want it to stick.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to citigirl For This Useful Post:

Posted in the news section by our "always on top of things" Freefallzzzz! Thanks for the heads up!

Hearing THIS MORNING, Wednesday April 20 inside the judges chambers. What could this be about? Anyone?

http://www.kptv.com/news/27606932/detail.html

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    Posted in the news section by our "always on top of things" Freefallzzzz! Thanks for the heads up!

Hearing THIS MORNING, Wednesday April 20 inside the judges chambers. What could this be about? Anyone?

Interesting for sure..
    Fox12 has this as their lead story and they have a reporter doing live shots outside the courthouse.. they broadcast until 9am so IF anyone shows up, they will most likely report it..

Link to live feed
    http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

I'm wondering if it is to make the restraining order permanent?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Smile

Thanks for posting this "news" ... I sure hope we find out "something".

Oh ... I wish Oregon had the "Sunshine Law" as they do in Florida ...

Prayers for Kyron and that he is found soon !

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Did anyone watch the live link? I am in and out this morning and haven't had much free time! I'll set the DVR for the Noon news.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    Did anyone watch the live link? I am in and out this morning and haven't had much free time! I'll set the DVR for the Noon news.
    I have it on, have not seen anything..
    KGW and KOIN have news at 12pm

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

Darnit, I wish someone was twittering from the courtroom! I guess reporters weren't allowed. I am dying to know what this was about!

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Any news? I'm in Toronto and I forget what the time difference is. I hope that it isn't postponed again.

There was a tweet from Bruce McCain that it lasted only 20 minutes and only lawyers were in attendance...I don't have a link...

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Kyron, I pray for you every day honey...
    This bee my opinion

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Lawyers Represent Kaine, Terri Horman At Hearing

Terri Horman’s lawyer, Stephen Houze, says the meeting centered around where both sides stand and to see if any agreements can be made outside of court.

46. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

So I wonder if we will ever find out what happened in that short 20 minutes today...??? And once again, why is it Houze and not Bunch? I'm betting it was short because whatever they proposed was shot down in a heart beat by Rackner...? I dunno???

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast