Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 235
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,467
    If TH ends up not fighting anything, then we won't learn anything anyway, except that if she does not even fight about money, she will look even more guilty than she does now.

    I never believed we would learn anything about Kyron with the divorce; in my opinion, there is nothing that would get TH on any kind of witness stand, ever, without taking the 5th for every question.
    Just my opinion, of course.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,330
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If TH ends up not fighting anything, then we won't learn anything anyway, except that if she does not even fight about money, she will look even more guilty than she does now.

    I never believed we would learn anything about Kyron with the divorce; in my opinion, there is nothing that would get TH on any kind of witness stand, ever, without taking the 5th for every question.
    That's my thought. If the divorce proceedings go as planned in March, will TH have to say anything? Will she fight for her baby daughter? Will she ask for alimony? Or....will she just sign the papers and walk away?

    If she does sign and walk, does that show more guilt than innocence? Is it relevant at all?

    Thanks!

    Mel


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,467
    Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    That's my thought. If the divorce proceedings go as planned in March, will TH have to say anything? Will she fight for her baby daughter? Will she ask for alimony? Or....will she just sign the papers and walk away?

    If she does sign and walk, does that show more guilt than innocence? Is it relevant at all?

    Thanks!

    Mel
    I don't think her attorneys will let her speak at all and will try to protest a divorce until she is either convicted or cleared in the criminal case. I think this is really a tough one for any judge; if he allows the divorce, without TH speaking at all or getting anything from Kaine, and she is later shown to be innocent based on someone else being charged and convicted, would she have any legal avenues to go back and try for a settlement? I can see a judge saying "well, you did not speak when you had the chance" but also could see the issue of being protected by 5th amendment. What a mess.
    Just my opinion, of course.


  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  7. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,929
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I don't think her attorneys will let her speak at all and will try to protest a divorce until she is either convicted or cleared in the criminal case. I think this is really a tough one for any judge; if he allows the divorce, without TH speaking at all or getting anything from Kaine, and she is later shown to be innocent based on someone else being charged and convicted, would she have any legal avenues to go back and try for a settlement? I can see a judge saying "well, you did not speak when you had the chance" but also could see the issue of being protected by 5th amendment. What a mess.



    I agree that her attorneys will NOT let TH speak at the divorce hearing.


    If Kyron IS FOUND ... then Terrie will either be convicted or cleared.

    If Kyron IS NOT FOUND ... Terrie will always have a cloud of suspicion hanging over her head -- either Guilty or Innocent -- depending on what a person believes.

    Terrie's SILENCE speaks volumes to me.



  8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Wasn't the divorce hearing supposed to resume this month some time?
    John 3:16


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to shorty42404 For This Useful Post:


  11. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,339
    March 31, according to http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...n_pending.html

    The next hearing in the pending divorce case between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman has been scheduled for March 31.
    Unless it's been changed again.


  12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:


  13. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,929

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    March 31, according to http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...n_pending.html



    Unless it's been changed again.

    Thanks for the link and reminder.

    I hope it does not get postponed again.

    I do not think we will learn anything new ... we can only hope !

    Prayers for Kyron, Desiree, Tony, Kaine and that Kyron may be found soon.


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:


  15. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,126
    Two More Weeks


  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:


  17. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Whew! Every time I see this post bumped up, I'm terrified it got postponed again! LOL


  18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  19. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,467
    I hope the divorce is finalized soon, something needs to be completed in this case. I have zero expectations that TH will open her mouth at all, or that anything concerning Kyron will be learned. But it needs to be over, so that the criminal aspects of this case are the only focus.
    Just my opinion, of course.


  20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  21. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I hope the divorce is finalized soon, something needs to be completed in this case. I have zero expectations that TH will open her mouth at all, or that anything concerning Kyron will be learned. But it needs to be over, so that the criminal aspects of this case are the only focus.
    I imagine Kaine feels the same way....x million.


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citigirl For This Useful Post:


  23. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Whew! Every time I see this post bumped up, I'm terrified it got postponed again! LOL


    The hearing should be next week...


  24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:


  25. #88
    I'll add it to the WS calendar so everyone can see it on the forum list page and remember.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/index.php?

    Way on the bottom right is where it would pop up on the 31st.


  26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:


  27. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    986
    Gwen or anyone...do they still have 9 hours set aside for Thursday? Gosh that's a long day. Hoping for some news this week but not holding my breath.


  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to loves2bmom For This Useful Post:


  29. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,467
    How long can it really take, if one party is not fighting anything, I wonder? Anyone?
    Just my opinion, of course.


Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 01:00 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 10:48 AM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 09:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •