861 users online (177 members and 684 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2011.01.04 30 Search Warrants Released

http://twitter.com/#!/RadBerkywcnc

29 search warrants set to be released this afternoon in Zahra Baker case. Waiting for judge to sign off on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    NEWTON, NC (WBTV & AP) - A grand jury met Monday to discuss possible new charges against the stepmother of Zahra Baker, a 10-year-old whose dismembered remains were found last fall in Caldwell County, according to WRAL.

WBTV has learned a judge is expected to sign an order on Tuesday that would unseal 29 warrants connected to the Zahra Baker case.

more here

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/137743...or-zahra-baker
    Anxiously awaiting the release.
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 01-04-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: update number

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Ramnit View Post
    http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc

What does this mean if the courts are releasing all this new information. Do you think an arrest is coming soon????
    Oh, thanks so much for the update. It's been so frustrating to see this case move soooo slowly. I'm not sure if an arrest will be made -- but isn't pa Baker still out and about?

Thanks,

Mel
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 01-04-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: moved from deleted thread

Ha! I just started the exact same thread but you beat me to it by a few seconds! I have asked the mods to delete mine!

Jennifer Moxley says that the D.A. agreed to release these 29 but he's still kept one sealed that he says is critical to the investigation.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...8103427&v=wall

GMTA, Alice. (I'm always careful with that expression because my mother used to add "Or fools seldom differ" to it.) LOL!

SO glad the GJ is meeting to discuss possible further charges in Zahra's case. Looking forward to the new release of more search warrants on this one. Anxiously awaiting what tomorrow may bring.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    SO glad the GJ is meeting to discuss possible further charges in Zahra's case. Looking forward to the new release of more search warrants on this one. Anxiously awaiting what tomorrow may bring.
    I believe they'll be released today, time permitting. They did post the first ones that were released the same night, and those were released just before 5PM, IIRC. I'm hoping we see them today!

I want to see more charges filed more than I want to see released search warrants, but I guess I know what I will be spending my time doing tonight!

Here's hoping the IMVU warrants are included!

Eyewitness News reporter Dave Faherty just received the warrants and is going through them now. Check back to wsoctv.com for updates on this developing story.
    http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26366558/detail.html

From link above:

Police reviewed Adam Baker’s cell phone records and the phone’s GPS locators on those days, the warrants say. According to those records, Adam Baker was not in the areas where Zahra’s remains were found on the days that Elisa Baker said he was, the warrants say.

Elisa Baker’s cell phone records indicate that she was in those areas on those days, the warrants say.

Elisa Baker told Hickory police that Adam Baker dismembered Zahra’s body on Sept. 25 and disposed of the body parts in various locations, including the Christie Road and Dudley Shoals areas where Zahra’s remains were later found, the warrants say.
    I don't think she ever said that Adam is the one that dismembered her, did she? She just said what he did after was horrifying.

So although they thought 29 warrants would be unsealed, and one held back that contained information that was deemed 'critical' all 30 warrants have been released.

*does happy dance*

ETA: Hmmm, conflicting reports....why am I not surprised? Hickory Record says all 30 released, but WSOC says 29 released. Guess we'll find out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    From link above:
    Just because AB's cell phone records doesn't place him the the area where Zahra was disposed of, doesn't mean he didn't help dispose of the body parts. He could have simply left his cell phone at home or given it to someone else for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    Here's hoping the IMVU warrants are included!
    I think they will be I am sure we heard they were coming out in the new year, cannot freaking wait for those ones
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast