TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.

You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.

Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.

The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.

We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.

You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.

Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.

If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.

If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

'Insiders' or "Locals"

Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.

If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com

Include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.

It will all be kept strictly confidential.

Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.

Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.

Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.

If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Cztgz, Redcat, mommajack, 40G!GZ7, ajk and spankysmom are verified locals so far.

Thread #1: TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #2: TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From everyoneneedsavoice:

I have found a wealth of information on the sentiments of the community, current activities and media efforts on the Find Hailey Dunn FB page, along with several others for which I will include the links in this post.

http://www.facebook.com/findhaileydunn
http://www.findhaileydunn.com/
http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/ (this one also has livestream news for area)

Just wanted to add a BIG thank you to all of you for participating at WS and for caring about Hailey so much.

You rock!

Bringing over the response I was working on from the other thread...

Why does it bother me so much that he is mentioning Hailey by name? She would have been what 11 years old then?

Mentioning her by first and last name is the disturbing part for me. I would say I was hanging out with Hailey. But I wouldn't say I was hanging out with Hailey Dunn. :waitasec:

So many keep asking about her phone...Her mom has the only cell phone, I don't even think they have a land-line. Mom leaves her cell at home for the kids to use when she is at work. The phone is still in Mom's possession, Haley did not take a phone with her if she ever left at all.

Hayley does not have her own phone. If she ever had one in the past, doesn't matter, she does not have one now.

Billie's friend said on here they do NOT have a land-line. Billie said on Nancy that she leaves HER cell phone at home for the kids to use and they can call her at work.

No, Hailey doesn't have a phone. But she does have some sort of Apple product other than that. I was asking which one she has. Maybe Billie's friend can ask her? It would be REALLY nice to know...

A) Does Hailey have an IPOD, IPAD or any other apple product?

B) Did Hailey take that with her?

C) Did the GPS application/program get downloaded and put on Hailey's apple product if she has one?

If she has one, has it with her and it has this program... Apple tech support can find out where it is. It could be an important thing.

There is so much that hasn't been clear and that doesn't appear to have been done in this case. I would like to believe that police would have been right on top of this.... but I would also have thought they would have polygraphed, searched and immediately called in reinforcements...

Hi Ms. Facetious! Thanks for your above analysis{and IMO I don't think you are OVER-analyzing}..when we have so very little to go on we can't do anything but to continue to analyze the little that we have from every angle possible..

Back to your analysis and possible meanings.. With Billie's gut instincts as a mother that you spoke of...IMO that is EXACTLY what is happening with this poor woman.. I know that I HAVE heard her in more than one interview where she states that she is so hoping that Hailey did run away.. and I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND HER VERY MUCH CLINGING TO THIS HOPE THAT HAILEY HAS CHOSEN TO RUNAWAY... IMO because that is the only scenario that as a mom you can be the most assured in the present situation that your child would be the safest and most likely not in harm's way..IYKWIM

I think that she may have the instinct that Hailey isn't coming home... but I don't think her brain has allowed her to go to the possibility of anyone she knows being involved. Though it's possible it has and she is just in denial about that as well... I think it's less likely.

With my cousin, it was like Natalee Holloway. When she was an hour late the whole family knew she was abducted and/or dead. There was no gray area.

However, despite the low chance of a stranger getting her under the circumstances, nobody in the family ever has considered that it was someone they knew. While I haven't totally ruled out the possibility especially with her body found in a "teen hangout area." It's also right off of an interstate... so someone passing through is just as likely.

They just can't accept it might be someone they know and care about. It's too much for them on top of accepting a brutal crime. I can understand that.

(Of course you don't think I'm over-analyzing... we over-analyze together!) :crazy:

Please thank my post here so we know you read Hoppy's opening post. There is a lot of information on it that you need to know.

Colorado City Ups Reward To $25,000 For Return Of Hailey Dunn

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Officials with the city of Colorado City tell KTXS News that the reward has been upped from $10,000 to $25,000 for the return of missing teen Hailey Dunn.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26367589/detail.html

Bigger reward makes me feel as though they don't have much to go on...:(

Has Billie's close friend been here today? (I can't remember her "name", a lot of initials starting with "C".)

Did you see and thank the opening post in this thread?

It said not to discuss other posters.

Thanks.

This specifies for the safe return of Hailey.

I think it should be considered to have 2 rewards. A reward for information leading to Hailey's location and then a separate reward for her safe return. We've seen that done in other cases.

As unpleasant a thought as it is...

If someone for example thinks they might know who took her... but don't know if she is safe....

Or if they think they know where her body is...

If they have reason to be hesitant about coming forward....and they suspect or know she isn't safe... no reward unless she is safe isn't going to be real motivating. That concerns me. :twocents:

Bringing over the response I was working on from the other thread...

Mentioning her by first and last name is the disturbing part for me. I would say I was hanging out with Hailey. But I wouldn't say I was hanging out with Hailey Dunn. :waitasec:

Billie's friend said on here they do NOT have a land-line. Billie said on Nancy that she leaves HER cell phone at home for the kids to use and they can call her at work.

No, Hailey doesn't have a phone. But she does have some sort of Apple product other than that. I was asking which one she has. Maybe Billie's friend can ask her? It would be REALLY nice to know...

A) Does Hailey have an IPOD, IPAD or any other apple product?

B) Did Hailey take that with her?

C) Did the GPS application/program get downloaded and put on Hailey's apple product if she has one?

If she has one, has it with her and it has this program... Apple tech support can find out where it is. It could be an important thing.

There is so much that hasn't been clear and that doesn't appear to have been done in this case. I would like to believe that police would have been right on top of this.... but I would also have thought they would have polygraphed, searched and immediately called in reinforcements...

I think that she may have the instinct that Hailey isn't coming home... but I don't think her brain has allowed her to go to the possibility of anyone she knows being involved. Though it's possible it has and she is just in denial about that as well... I think it's less likely.

With my cousin, it was like Natalee Holloway. When she was an hour late the whole family knew she was abducted and/or dead. There was no gray area.

However, despite the low chance of a stranger getting her under the circumstances, nobody in the family ever has considered that it was someone they knew. While I haven't totally ruled out the possibility especially with her body found in a "teen hangout area." It's also right off of an interstate... so someone passing through is just as likely.

They just can't accept it might be someone they know and care about. It's too much for them on top of accepting a brutal crime. I can understand that.

(Of course you don't think I'm over-analyzing... we over-analyze together!) :crazy:

It was presumed that she had an itouch, based on her MS posts.

This was already asked to the verified poster also.

Starts on page 3 of the 1st Hailey thread.

eta: oops...here's the link to 1st thread: TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's always best to keep a list of the poster that is local and verified; this way, if you want to check their posts you can always click on "Members List", look for their name and click their name and then look for "posts by the member" to read their posts. You will also be able to see the last date they signed onto WS.

Members List is located at the top of the page.

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Officials with the city of Colorado City tell KTXS News that the reward has been upped from $10,000 to $25,000 for the return of missing teen Hailey Dunn.

it says in this link that cm asked for an AA 3 times. Do we know if one has been issued yet? :waitasec:

Yes, I have the same question as cluciano... Can anyone local(a verified local if specific info is known:)} give us an update on what the community is feeling(I know alot of times this is a very good and accurate gauge to go by..as of course as locals, up close&personal with the town, the ppl, etc they have great insight that we do NOT}or if any progress, new leads, local media reports, etc?{I know that we are fortunate to have several locals with us here in Brittany's threads:)}..

Also any update on any others besides mom and dad as far as having been polygraphed?..if so, does anyone know if there have been any others that have passed a poly along with mom and dad?

Sorry if it seems like a whole bunch of questions..We so very appreciate each and every one of you that are located in/around Colorado City, TX and you all being very helpful in the search for this beautiful little 13 yr old girl{whom I am praying so very hard that is somehow, someway safe and will be able to be found and brought home in time for her to start back to school with the rest of her friends and classmates this coming Thursday when the 2nd semester officially begins}

from the link:The city manager of Colorado City also told our crew on the scene that the city has three times asked that an Amber Alert to be issued, but the request has been denied three times.Seems everyone is getting desparate for an answer.

Have a few questions? It may have been answered in some other posts but I thought I would ask. Has any of Hailey's close friends been interviewed by LE as to possible clues or hints as to where/who/what/when?? With school starting back up today maybe the kids are talking amongst each other. The other question which probably comes from watching too many crime shows is was there any businesses that were close to her home that may have had a security camera where an accurate time line and description of her clothing would be shown. I am familiar with Colorado City some as a portion of our land sits in Mitchell County.
Prayers and thoughts go out to the family and friends of this little girl.

For the locals, there will be an interview with one of Haliey's friends on KRBC at 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46