Recent Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassionate Reader

Reaction score
Judge Laser, the new judge appointed by the Arkansas State Supreme Court, has given attorneys 45 days to file their briefs for the hearing. He seems to be expecting the hearing in either July, August or September. Below are links to two articles about this development:

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2011/01/04/briefs-set-for-west-memphis-three-hearing

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=13782037

Both stories reveal the same basic information; it's just two different perspectives.

Sorry, the hearing will probably be in July, August or October not September. Apparently those are the times when a court is open.

Is there any reason why Todd & Dana Moore have not changed their minds about who killed all three boys?

I'm sure they've poured over every detail about this case since their child and his friends were brutally murdered.

Is there any reason why Todd & Dana Moore have not changed their minds about who killed all three boys?

I'm sure they've poured over every detail about this case since their child and his friends were brutally murdered.

Like I've said before, different people look at the same facts and come to different conclusions.

I thought I read before that Todd Moore hasn't looked into any new evidence.

I thought I read before that Todd Moore hasn't looked into any new evidence.

I had heard that, too. IMO, he just has to believe that the right people are in prison so he can feel that his son's death has been avenged. I hope that he will finally look at the evidence presented at the hearing this summer (or winter if you're in the Eastern hemisphere) and reconsider his position. That goes for Dana, too.

I had heard that, too. IMO, he just has to believe that the right people are in prison so he can feel that his son's death has been avenged. I hope that he will finally look at the evidence presented at the hearing this summer (or winter if you're in the Eastern hemisphere) and reconsider his position. That goes for Dana, too.

Moore seems to be the norm among the families of crime victims. I can understand why relatives feel a strong need to believe in the prosecution. After all, it's not as though they can just pick another prosecutor if they don't like the one they get.

What is extraordinary about this case is that so many of the victims' relatives have changed their minds about the convictions.

Is there anywhere to watch this as I missed it?Thank You!

It's on right now, 11pm on CNN. It comes on again at 2am on CNN

I must say I was a bit disappointed in this show. I would have liked to have seen more of Damien's interview. Especially since the interview itself was over 2 hours long.

I read the book he wrote and my heart just breaks for this man. I hope he and Lori get to be together soon and enjoy life as they should.

What an total injustice.

I'm just now familiarizing myself with this case,but I'll take a stab at it. The Moores have spent all these years directing all their hate and anger at these three men and to find out they are innocent would have to be devastating. Not only were 3 innocent boys murdered,but 3 innocent boys were convicted. All that anger misdirected.Someone else is out there walking around scott free that is a murderer. I'm sure that thought is too much to bear.Its way easier to believe that justice was served,rather than have to open old wounds.

Hockeymom I think that's the same reason that law enforcement and state's attorneys don't budge from their beliefs either sometimes (even judges) because to admit would be too difficult to live with. It's human nature when you are so close to the thing and it effects your life and your career. Most people act with their self interests in mind - whether it be financial or psychological.

I'm just now familiarizing myself with this case,but I'll take a stab at it. The Moores have spent all these years directing all their hate and anger at these three men and to find out they are innocent would have to be devastating. Not only were 3 innocent boys murdered,but 3 innocent boys were convicted. All that anger misdirected.Someone else is out there walking around scott free that is a murderer. I'm sure that thought is too much to bear.Its way easier to believe that justice was served,rather than have to open old wounds.

Really well put, hm. Obviously, I think the Moores are mistaken, but I certainly understand how they feel and why.

(ETA: I mean I understand in theory. Neither of my children was murdered, so there's a limit to my understanding, of course.)

This Friday, February 18, 2011, is the deadline for the filing of briefs for the evidentiary hearing. I've heard that the briefs will be made public very shortly after they are filed. They will be posted on the Blackboard, if anyone is interested in reading them. (www.wm3blackboard.com)

I'll post here again when they are available and provide a direct link if possible.

Comp Reader - does this mean that any new evidence will also be released to the public? becasue i assume everything will be layed out on the table at this hearing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member