GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking: CCTV images of two people following Jo very closely:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...alking-just-yards-behind-her-115875-22826879/

IT is thought to be the last film of Jo Yeates – and shows two blurred people walking just yards behind her.

The potentially-crucial images were taken by a pub’s CCTV cameras pointed at the route the 25-year-old landscape architect took to walk home before she was killed.

Footage in the top picture shows a slim woman wearing a white coat and carrying a Tesco bag. It fits in with the time Jo left the nearby supermarket after buying a pizza.

In the image below, two strangers obscured by shadows are less than 50 yards behind, or 27 seconds, in the almost empty street.

Daily Mail continues to delve into conjecture:

Did Jo Yeates tip off her killer that she'd be home alone? Murder victim told friends boyfriend would be away

Jo Yeates’s killer may have targeted her after learning she had told friends and colleagues she would be alone in her new flat for the first time.

It emerged yesterday that the 25-year-old had innocently revealed her boyfriend would be away for the weekend and that she planned to relax, cook and shop.

Detectives are now trying to identify exactly who knew of her plans and have analysed the emails, text messages and conversations of her friends.

They want to establish whether anyone could have overheard the potentially key information.

Last night there were unconfirmed reports that a Cracker-style criminal profiler has been brought in to help with the investigation.
---

the rest and more, with pictures galore, here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murder-Did-Jo-tip-killer-shed-home-alone.html

I do not think Jo was killed in her flat.Probably not by anyone she knew.. I think there might well be a connection between Melanie Hall's murder, and also the young woman chef who was killed, Claudia ( forgive me, I don't remember her last name ).

I'm curious about Jo's smiliness as she entered the liquor store. Had someone outside spoken to her ? Paid her a compliment ? I wonder too how streetwise Jo was. Would she have realized she was being followed if this was the case ?

The boyfriend's alibi must have checked out. And besides, if he and Jo were having problems, I believe she would have said as much to her best friend when they spoke on the phone.... I don't think GR is the culprit. MOO

All JMO

I do not think Jo was killed in her flat.Probably not by anyone she knew.. I think there might well be a connection between Melanie Hall's murder, and also the young woman chef who was killed, Claudia ( forgive me, I don't remember her last name ).

I'm curious about Jo's smiliness as she entered the liquor store. Had someone outside spoken to her ? Paid her a compliment ? I wonder too how streetwise Jo was. Would she have realized she was being followed if this was the case ?

The boyfriend's alibi must have checked out. And besides, if he and Jo were having problems, I believe she would have said as much to her best friend when they spoke on the phone.... I don't think GR is the culprit. MOO

All JMO

Claudia Lawrence. She is still listed as missing as her body has not been recovered.

Here's the WS Lawrence thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85264&highlight=claudia+lawrence

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedove
[FONT=&amp]B/F met J/Y for lunch, she tells him she wants to call it a day, he’s very upset by this news, she goes back to work and meets up with her workmate in the pub, he’s told her he is going to visit his brother, the car is frozen, its freezing cold, better to stay home, but he can t bare the thought of the weekend knowing its all finished, so he’s going anyway, car won't start, gets help from the LL to jump start his car, starts on his way, the further he gets the more upset he is feeling, decides to turn back, talk to her, hope she’ll change her mind, waits for her on her way home, picks her up, she’s made her mind up, she is not changing her mind, things get out of hand, he can t believe what’s happened, dumps the body quickly on the side of the road, drops her things back in the flat, leaves for his brothers house, the cat (Bernard) was left without any food for the week end, so ate the pizza, the LL popped in to check on his property, saw the cardboard box and put it in the bin lol, I think I have a good story for a book now. [/FONT]

You were doing really well then until Bernard ate the pizza .....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol Destroyer, I was doing well, just forgot the cats name lol, well nobody else thought of the cat eating the pizza, I thought it would throw a little light on a sad subject, two glasses of red gives me a silly sense of humour.
Whitedove.

All JMO

I think you and I are in the minority here. I too think the police would have thoroughly checked him out by now.
Maybe Jo was smiling at someone who opened the door for her to enter, the shop keepers, she could have been smiley after having a drink or two in the pub. She could just be a smiley person. I read somewhere in a recent report (Sorry I'm terrible with links) that she felt safe in the clifton area. Also if she was tipsy then her senses were probably distorted.

I've always seen myself as quite streetwise but only since this case have I really realised how many times i've put my self in dangers way from walking places late at night alone. Clifton being a 'good area' obviously gave her a false sense of security.

I think you and I are in the minority here. I too think the police would have thoroughly checked him out by now.
Maybe Jo was smiling at someone who opened the door for her to enter, the shop keepers, she could have been smiley after having a drink or two in the pub. She could just be a smiley person. I read somewhere in a recent report (Sorry I'm terrible with links) that she felt safe in the clifton area. Also if she was tipsy then her senses were probably distorted.

I've always seen myself as quite streetwise but only since this case have I really realised how many times i've put my self in dangers way from walking places late at night alone. Clifton being a 'good area' obviously gave her a false sense of security.

Gem2626,
She doesn't seem that smiley in the Tesco store cctv video... I think she interacted with someone outside Bargain Booze. ITA with you about the fact that she'd had a few drinks might have dulled her awareness of her surroundings.
I don't really fault LE in this case ; if this is a serial killer,he's wicked clever,IMO. He will be tough to catch... MOO

All JMO

Lol Destroyer, I was doing well, just forgot the cats name lol, well nobody else thought of the cat eating the pizza, I thought it would throw a little light on a sad subject, two glasses of red gives me a silly sense of humour.
Whitedove.

Maybe if the cat had been locked in for more than a week it might of ate the pizza :crazy:

I think what we need to establish is the exact time/date of Joanna's death, that way we can determine whether Greggs alibi is 100% watertight or not ??

As it stands i would say he remains a witness & a suspect, even if the LE have not said so - he has to be.

From the Sun article:

THE body of murder victim Jo Yeates was found without a coat or shoes and only one sock.

Cops believe it suggests the 25-year-old landscape architect met her grim fate at her home.

She may have been abducted - or strangled there by a killer who carried her body away before dumping it in a snowbound lane.

The shoes and coat were found at Jo's flat in Clifton, Bristol.

But the two-tone grey sock, which has pale detail on the toes and shin, is missing - and could have been taken by a "trophy" killer as a grisly keepsake of his crime.

A source said: "Jo vanished on a cold night. To have gone out without shoes and a coat is highly unlikely.

"The missing sock raises the possibility that whoever strangled her took it as a trophy."

the rest at
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3331642/Jo-Yeatess-body-was-missing-one-sock.html

Maybe if the cat had been locked in for more than a week it might of ate the pizza :crazy:

I think what we need to establish is the exact time/date of Joanna's death, that way we can determine whether Greggs alibi is 100% watertight or not ??

As it stands i would say he remains a witness & a suspect, even if the LE have not said so - he has to be.

There are cctv all the way along the moterway's, car registrations can be picked up and checked, I would think they would check the cams as well as receipts and phones.

I wonder why they did'nt disclose this information sooner, the sock may have dropped off somewhere, but it could be anywhere now.

I'm wondering how much faith to put in The Sun's reporting. Then again, tabloids thrive on crime and many times have great sources, and are free with the checkbook to purchase information from them. It certainly sells newspapers.

Yes, let's hope it is the much needed break in this investigation.

Was the landlord correct when he claimed he saw Joanna leaving her home with two people?

I also believe that the police must have checked out the boyfriend thoroughly. I reckon that they have and he can account for his movements or there is a lot they haven't told us and are waiting for him to slip up. That said I believe it is the former.

I can't remember who asked in the last thread if Jo was wealthy. As someone else suggested, she went to private school suggesting so, however, I also read that her mother worked on a check out in the local supermarket Perhaps this suggests that they were a comfortable family but not rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain