Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    I found the answer to one question I raised in my earlier post, from the Telegraph, 27/12:

"During the one-mile walk home she stopped at a Waitrose store, but did not buy anything, and then went to a Tesco Express store in Regent Street, Clifton."

Seems odd to me, but only because it's something I would never do myself!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teabreid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by teabreid View Post
    I found the answer to one question I raised in my earlier post, from the Telegraph, 27/12:

"During the one-mile walk home she stopped at a Waitrose store, but did not buy anything, and then went to a Tesco Express store in Regent Street, Clifton."

Seems odd to me, but only because it's something I would never do myself!
    That's a good find; if I'd read that I had forgotten it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jigzy View Post
    In education it's just not the 'done thing' to use the same gym as pupils so he'd probably never used the Clifton College gym - I think he's been retired for 10 years now so it's unlikely that he'd be using a gym at a former place of employment anyway.

jmo
    TBH I find it odd he wouldn't use the gym @ Clifton College.

He's retired so would not know any of the pupils there.

He taught there for 30 years (approx) so had a deep love of the college so why not use their gym and pool?

It was local, so handy and convenient.

If he had no affection for his previous place of employment then I can understand him steering clear of it.
    Surely it's better to let a guilty man live then to let an innocent man die?

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Guardian has a bit of something new....

Joanna Yeates: Police question drinkers in the Ram pub

the rest at
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...police-ram-pub
    Three weeks later....they decide to make enquiries at the place she last visited with friends.. oh dear....is this, maybe, 'too little...too late'? Getting really frustrated with the police now.....even friends who are officers in other parts of the country...are bemused at this 'investigation'. Personally...I don't care how long it takes to catch the guilty party but...the parents must now be wondering if the trust they so willingly placed in the police, to solve the mystery of their daughters' death...was misplaced.

C'mon L/E...get your act together...stop trying to be clever by 'leaking' odd clues...it's time to 'Put up..or Shut up'. Stop having a go at the tv/press who have given you massive coverage. If you do not know something...then be big enough to ask. I you do know something...then stop asking the public to help answer questions you have already solved.
    "There are some that should be behind bars....and some that shouldn't"

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikeymot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jones View Post

He taught there for 30 years (approx) so had a deep love of the college so why not use their gym and pool?

If he had no affection for his previous place of employment then I can understand him steering clear of it.
    I am not at all surprised that he would not use any facilities at Clifton College. He was head of english and they then brought someone else in and at that point he retired. Think this man has pride....and would probably never set foot on campus again.
    "There are some that should be behind bars....and some that shouldn't"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeymot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jones View Post

Well judging by the swimming pools at both places I know which one I'd choose:
    Clifton - sporty kind of pool - and we learned that CJ was no fan of 'sports':

http://www.cliftoncollegeuk.com/ccsl...ness/swimming/

...and The Filton Spirit Health Club's pool - looks more relaxing like a therapy type of pool to me:

http://www.spirithealthclubs.co.uk/show_image/123/600

http://www.spirithealthclubs.co.uk/c...filton/gallery

jmo

Edited to add:
    http://www.spirithealthclubs.co.uk/c...vities-offered

Perhaps CJ had been learning to swim there - it's one of the many activities offered.
    Last edited by jigzy; 01-07-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added website link

In education it's just not the 'done thing' to use the same gym as pupils so he'd probably never used the Clifton College gym - I think he's been retired for 10 years now so it's unlikely that he'd be using a gym at a former place of employment anyway.

jmo
    I don't see the gym as strange in the slightest. The things i have considered in the past when joining a gym have been:

- Price
    - Does it have a sauna/steam room?
    - Is there a good sized swimming pool?

Yes, proximity to where I live is important but not as important to facilities IMO.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurauk1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewilder View Post
    That does make sense Luna... but she bought a Margarita pizza at Tesco's - the most common pizza topping, surely they would have that at Waitrose? And isn't Waitrose more 'up-market' than Tesco, so better pizzas? (sorry, ex-pat from UK for 15 years now, so not so sure about supermarket rankings any more!). Supermarkets usually offer better deals on booze than off-licences, so why not buy everything at Waitrose? ... unless there was a change of plan while she was on her way home, which does seem quite possible...
    No, she bought a "Finest mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto pizza"..... as for the cider, I dont drink it, so not at all sure if it would be available in Waitrose or Tesco.
    Not to help justice in her need would be an impiety ~Plato~

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna15 For This Useful Post:

Think someone asked about Crimewatch earlier..... Laura?

It doesn't state on the BBC website but just noticed this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ja...police-ram-pub

Police decided not to do a full reconstruction at this stage but are understood to be in talks with BBC's Crimewatch over doing one later this month if the killer remains at large
    Not to help justice in her need would be an impiety ~Plato~

Having read the 'snow friends' comments i must add that i find this totally ridiculous. The fact that two grown men took photos of themselves larking about in the snow, does not lead tp them being paedophiles. In fact the mere suggestion that because they 'look gay' they are involved in a paedophile ring is totally moronic. Are we saying that in this day and age people still believe that homosexuals all have paedophile tendencies?

As a resident in the UK i can assure you that we do not receive much snowfall and on FB a large number of people posted photos of themselves and their friends making the most of this weather and building snowmen and sledging etc. To infer that these men are 'strange and odd' for sledging is a very backward way of thinking and i am appalled that people in this day and age still have these views. In the same way that people are linking CJ to paedophilia due to the fact he bought his house from a known offender. Homosexuality does not imply paedophilia.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cadfael For This Useful Post:

Lots of good new posts here considering there is no new info from the investigators.

I was under the impression the police had DNA evidence.
    If this was the case they should be eliminating suspects (maybe except for the boyfriend whose DNA would be everywhere).
    I was basing my confidence of the case being solved on the DNA sample. DNA is a very powerful piece of forensic evidence.

IIRC there are 80 police working the case. That is a lot of people for a case that appears to be stalled.

A question about the sock. Is it normal to wear these socks 'pulled up'?
    Would the sock reach the knee and if so would it come off very easily?

In the book 'A Year on The Killing Streets' it is stated three things solve crimes:

Witnesses

Physical evidence

Confessions

Without one of the first two elements there is little chance detectives will find a suspect capable of providing the third.

I fully realise it is tough going investigating this type of murder in real time and especially when there is little to work with and no crime scene.
    The perpetrator got a big start on the police and the latter don't appear to be gaining ground.
    Is it time for a crack murder squad to get involved?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymot View Post
    I am not at all surprised that he would not use any facilities at Clifton College. He was head of english and they then brought someone else in and at that point he retired. Think this man has pride....and would probably never set foot on campus again.
    You've got it. I live in the town in which I taught college, and I haven't set foot on campus for years based on my perceptions of unqualified faculty lurking thereabouts. I left because I wanted to; Mr Jefferies left because they'd hired his replacement, therefore doubling the disgust he must have felt for the place. It's not unusual at all.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Having read the 'snow friends' comments i must add that i find this totally ridiculous. The fact that two grown men took photos of themselves larking about in the snow, does not lead tp them being paedophiles. In fact the mere suggestion that because they 'look gay' they are involved in a paedophile ring is totally moronic. Are we saying that in this day and age people still believe that homosexuals all have paedophile tendencies?

As a resident in the UK i can assure you that we do not receive much snowfall and on FB a large number of people posted photos of themselves and their friends making the most of this weather and building snowmen and sledging etc. To infer that these men are 'strange and odd' for sledging is a very backward way of thinking and i am appalled that people in this day and age still have these views. In the same way that people are linking CJ to paedophilia due to the fact he bought his house from a known offender. Homosexuality does not imply paedophilia.
    Agreed. As poster of the link in the first instance I'd like to say that there was no inference on my part that PS or LP are gay or paedos. I posted the link as I theorised that JY might have gone sledging on a whim the evening of the 17th (possibly accounting for the missing pizza heated up and taken with her in box and half drunk cider - as she had been called on by friends/neighbours and made an impromptu decision to go on a snow adventure - the kind of thing I'd do). I hope that clears that up. jmo

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jigzy For This Useful Post:

The Daily Mail valiantly struggles to come up with a paper-selling angle:

Revealed, the 500 registered sex offenders who lived within a few miles of Jo

More than 500 registered sex offenders live within a few miles of the home of murdered architect Joanna Yeates, it emerged last night.

Detectives are expected to interview up to 20 of the men – who all have a history of attacking women – as part of their inquiries into the 25-year-old’s death.

Although police say there is no evidence Bristol-based Miss Yeates was indecently assaulted, they have not ruled out a sexual motive for the murder.

Forensic tests which could prove she was the victim of a sex attack have been hampered because her body was frozen by the time it was discovered.

Ministry of Justice records for Avon and Somerset show there are 310 registered sex offenders in Bristol, some of whom live in three probation hostels in the city.

Within a 15-mile radius of Bristol, a further 105 registered sex offenders live in South Gloucestershire and another 109 in North Somerset.
    the rest, at
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-miles-Jo.html

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Agreed. As poster of the link in the first instance I'd like to say that there was no inference on my part that PS or LP are gay or paedos. I posted the link as I theorised that JY might have gone sledging on a whim the evening of the 17th (possibly accounting for the missing pizza heated up and taken with her in box and half drunk cider - as she had been called on by friends/neighbours and made an impromptu decision to go on a snow adventure - the kind of thing I'd do). I hope that clears that up. jmo
    I think people are right to question the photos. They are odd. The connection to a paedo ring was not made cos some of the neighbourhood might me gay, it was made because of the school, the bachelors, the odd behaviours, and the funny things that can go on in small communities.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ruined detroit For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast