Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 509
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    If the police have ruled out the sock so quickly, it suggests that they have fiber evidence. This could be construed to mean that the evidence was taken from Jo's neck and that she was in fact strangled with the sock. (Or of course it could relate to fibers found on her bare foot.)
    Sorry, I should have said poilce don't think it's the sock - they haven't ruled it out.

    I don't think they have had time to process it for forensics so I assume they are going on the fact it's not a matching sock.

    Seems strange to find a sock in the street, though.

    Gloves I can understand as well as hats but not socks as they tend to be encased in shoes and boots whereas the gloves and hats are worn externally.

    I've seen shoes dropped in the street before, and baby socks but never an adult sock.
    Surely it's better to let a guilty man live then to let an innocent man die?


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sgt Jones For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jones View Post
    Sorry, I should have said poilce don't think it's the sock - they haven't ruled it out.

    I don't think they have had time to process it for forensics so I assume they are going on the fact it's not a matching sock.

    Seems strange to find a sock in the street, though.

    Gloves I can understand as well as hats but not socks as they tend to be encased in shoes and boots whereas the gloves and hats are worn externally.

    I've seen shoes dropped in the street before, and baby socks but never an adult sock.
    I may be being unkind, but IF you suspected this could be the sock associated with a VERY high profile murder enquiry - why not leave it in situ and call the police? (so as to be sure not to contaminate it!) or take it the the local cop shop...... strikes me, this old boy may have been after his 15 minutes of fame and the matching one is in his laundry basket.
    Not to help justice in her need would be an impiety ~Plato~


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna15 For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    25,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna15 View Post
    I may be being unkind, but IF you suspected this could be the sock associated with a VERY high profile murder enquiry - why not leave it in situ and call the police? (so as to be sure not to contaminate it!) or take it the the local cop shop...... strikes me, this old boy may have been after his 15 minutes of fame and the matching one is in his laundry basket.
    Well-said! I'm still chuckling. Yes, I was thinking along the lines of, "Surely someone then, if it's an actual sock found of late, must have first taken the sock home, then realized the importance of it later." But who finds a sock on the street and takes it home in the first place??


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    132
    So C/J is getting a High Profile Barrister.... to either file big damages as reported or .... to defend him?


  8. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Well-said! I'm still chuckling. Yes, I was thinking along the lines of, "Surely someone then, if it's an actual sock found of late, must have first taken the sock home, then realized the importance of it later." But who finds a sock on the street and takes it home in the first place??
    Ewwwwwww! yuk! It's bad enough going near my own b/f's socks!

    Did the old boy take it home? If he did, that's weird.

    I thought maybe he's seen it in the street a few days or so ago and then when he saw the news he realised it's significance. But yes I'd call the cops and let them pick it up.

    I hope the police realise that not everyone wears matching socks.
    Surely it's better to let a guilty man live then to let an innocent man die?


  9. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by MMENJBRIT View Post
    So C/J is getting a High Profile Barrister.... to either file big damages as reported or .... to defend him?
    I can't see how he can sue the police for damages. If they allowed that it would set a dangerous precedent for anyone who is arrested and then not charged or convicted.

    Colin Stagg was different as the police set a honeytrap and deliberately set out to let him incriminate himself.

    Unless the police didn't follow protocol, CJ can't sue.

    He may be able to sue the press though.
    Surely it's better to let a guilty man live then to let an innocent man die?


  10. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    25,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jones View Post
    Ewwwwwww! yuk! It's bad enough going near my own b/f's socks!

    Did the old boy take it home? If he did, that's weird.

    I thought maybe he's seen it in the street a few days or so ago and then when he saw the news he realised it's significance. But yes I'd call the cops and let them pick it up.

    I hope the police realise that not everyone wears matching socks.
    You make an excellent point about the matching socks thing.

    The provenance of the sock could be, well, anything and from anywhere. Even I, a notorious squirreller-away of odd bits and pieces, have never picked up a sock on the street (though one could come in handy for, say, checking the oil in the car, come to think of it).

    I do believe, from their refusal to rule out the possibility, that police have fiber evidence from the matching, missing sock and that that evidence proves it was the weapon with which she was strangled.

    Maybe.


  11. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London - UK
    Posts
    502
    I have to agree with the comments about not wearing match socks, i find myself doing it quite a lot myself these days, not because is fashionable, but sometimes you get a hole in a decent pair of socks & find you always throw away a good one - so i keep the good ones now & match them back up again - not trying to sound like a skinflint btw
    'IMO'



    Rest In Peace Joanna Yeates Rest In Peace Tia Sharp Rest In Peace Alice Gross


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Destroyer For This Useful Post:


  13. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    25,884
    Paragraph from the Mail article about ITV's being banned from the recent press conference because of its reporting the night before:

    During the contentious report, a former murder squad detective suggested that 'certain routine inquiries' such as a new painstaking search of the scene where the body was found had not been carried out.
    the article, at
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onference.html


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  15. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    45
    I came across a report which has a little more information on the forensic aspect of the investigation

    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...forensic-teams

    EXPERTS at one of Britain’s top forensic laboratories last night shed light on the vital work of crime scene investigators in the hunt for clues in Joanna’s murder.


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to squid For This Useful Post:


  17. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    25,884
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    I came across a report which has a little more information on the forensic aspect of the investigation

    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...forensic-teams
    That Express article has an absolutely odd comment posted below it in the "Have Your Say" section.


  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  19. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    46

    No Shoes, a potential contract killing?

    Its been quite an interesting day. The police have revealed two things that they have known for a while.

    Why? I am presuming this is to weed out false admissions.

    The lack of boots tends to corroberate the theory in my previous post about opening the door and leaving it on the latch.

    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Architect: Jo Yeates, 27, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 - #1.

    It seems to me she has answered the door to let someone in she knew or was faintly acquainted with.

    I know this sounds gruesome, but if you are dragging a body and its feet are dragging the ground, the sock is bound to come off.

    I thought that the police had rulled out the use of a ligature. However, if this is wrong and she was killed with her climbing socks, its starting to sound like a contract killing. You don't kill somone by accident with a sock round the neck. That would rule out a fumbled sexual assault. The sock could have then fallen out of the killer's pocket.

    A contract killer doesn't have a motive other than payment.

    Place of death would have been the car.

    I have great confidence in the police. The murder clear up rate is very high. They would have used the cadaver dogs and would have had access to all phone records, GPS, motorway CCTV etc etc.

    They're getting close.

    I know this is controversial, but the paymaster have been Greg? or Greg's lover? (male or female)
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: repair url tag.


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottybail For This Useful Post:


  21. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    That Express article has an absolutely odd comment posted below it in the "Have Your Say" section.
    WFgodot

    Yes that is odd. He says he is a medium. i don't know if you from the UK but the Daily Express is a funny paper that carries immigration hate stories and stories saying Princess Diana was killed by MI6!. Every other day, there is a cure for cancer etc etc..... It attracts odd-balls.

    I think he is saying he has contacted the police to say he wants some sort of 'psychic medium' role and they have ignored him. Probably a good thing - its attention seeking.

    The reference to Luz is to MAddie - the little girl who was taken from a portuguese holiday resort.
    Last edited by scottybail; 01-05-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: update, spelling


  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottybail For This Useful Post:


  23. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Taghkanics
    Posts
    25,884
    Quote Originally Posted by scottybail View Post
    WFgodot

    YEs that is odd. He says he is a medium. i don't know if you from the UK but the Daily Express is a funny paper that carries immigration hate stories and stories daying princess dianna was killed. Every other day, there is a cure for cancer etc etc.....

    It attracts odd-balls. I think he is saying he has contacted the police to say soemthing and they have ignored him.

    The reference to Luz is to MAddie - the little girl who was taken from a portuguese holiday resort.
    Though I'm a Yank, yes, I do know the Daily Express's reputation. Thanks for the Luz = Maddie explanation, I'd forgotten that when I read the comment and wondered what he was getting at there.


  24. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    115

    Express Odd Comment

    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    That Express article has an absolutely odd comment posted below it in the "Have Your Say" section.
    Yes it is very strange - so is the name Dahlia - there was a famous murder in America called The Black Dahlia.

    Wind up?
    Surely it's better to let a guilty man live then to let an innocent man die?


Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 517
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
  2. UK - Joanna Yeates, 27, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 - #1
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •