1043 users online (194 members and 849 guests)  

Websleuths News

Lawsuit regarding New Balance "toning shoe"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110104/..._shoes_lawsuit

Oh I have been waiting for this one...watch everyone start pulling their versions....

"The lawsuit was filed on behalf of plaintiff Bistra Pashamova and others like her who say they have been misled or harmed by the sneakers. Plaintiffs are seeking class action certification and more than $5 million in compensation."
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110104/..._shoes_lawsuit

Oh I have been waiting for this one...watch everyone start pulling their versions....

"The lawsuit was filed on behalf of plaintiff Bistra Pashamova and others like her who say they have been misled or harmed by the sneakers. Plaintiffs are seeking class action certification and more than $5 million in compensation."
    This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life!

Which part-the claims of the company or the lawsuit itself? I have watched companies like Sketchers on home shopping channels making the same claims...I wish them all well. I did read a study by orthopoedic physicians that indicated the shoes can be harmful to knees, hips and ankles because of stability-but then again so can stillettos!!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I meant the lawsuit but now that you bring it up, the claims of the shoes also.
    All you have to do is exercise and eat well and you will lose the weight and tone. I would never pay money for a pair of those shoes.
    You are right about stilettos, I always feel terrible after a night out wearing them, but I would never sue!!
    It just blows my mind that someone would actually sue over this.

ETA: I apologize for not coming up with a better conversation on this!
    Last edited by pghbrandi; 01-05-2011 at 10:45 AM.

No need to apologize-I thought I knew what you meant, lol. Yes, the whole thing is ridiculous and they will obtain class action status and the companies will settle it with them for millions because millions of shoes have been sold at 100.00 a pop.

I will say, it might be worth watching because I could see people obtaining class action status for skin cream and man that would be a mess!
    Last edited by believe09; 01-05-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I could definitely see a suit against skin creams. Especially the anti-aging creams! You are right, that would be a HUGE mess.
    I just know I would personally be embarrassed to ever sue over something so silly.

No need to apologize-I thought I knew what you meant, lol. Yes, the whole thing is ridiculous and they will obtain class action status and the companies will settle it with them for millions because millions of shoes have been sold at 100.00 a pop.

I will say, it might be worth watching because I could see people obtaining class action status for skin creme and man that would be a mess!
    Yes let's wait and see what happens....Was having convo with my DD yesterday about how I bought this Lip Plumper Lip Gloss very expensive, Did Not plump my lips at all, not one iota ! DD informed me my "Ageless" makeup wasn't working either
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

Hope New Balance wins.

After buying my first pair a few years ago, I will never buy anything else. Due too a back deformity/injury my standing/working hours for years was down to 2 - 4 hours a day. After a few days on New Balance I increased that by about 50%.

I usually wait for the new season shoes to come out and buy last years at closeout for about $30 or $40

Quote Originally Posted by Dave AHFB View Post
    Hope New Balance wins.

After buying my first pair a few years ago, I will never buy anything else. Due too a back deformity/injury my standing/working hours for years was down to 2 - 4 hours a day. After a few days on New Balance I increased that by about 50%.

I usually wait for the new season shoes to come out and buy last years at closeout for about $30 or $40

I bet they would pay you for that opinion!!!!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Truthwillsetufree View Post
    Yes let's wait and see what happens....Was having convo with my DD yesterday about how I bought this Lip Plumper Lip Gloss very expensive, Did Not plump my lips at all, not one iota ! DD informed me my "Ageless" makeup wasn't working either
    Oh My Goodness, that made me laugh..that is harsh. My six year old refers to me as the young-old lady because I am not as old as his grandmother but not as young as his teachers. Hmmph. JK

Yeah, I have had a beef with the whole skin cream market for years-they make medical claims but cannot be pursued because they are "cosmetics." And cosmetics cannot be pursued because they are basically entertainment. Sheesh.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Truthwillsetufree View Post
    When does he get the stitches out? lol

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Which part-the claims of the company or the lawsuit itself? I have watched companies like Sketchers on home shopping channels making the same claims...I wish them all well. I did read a study by orthopoedic physicians that indicated the shoes can be harmful to knees, hips and ankles because of stability-but then again so can stillettos!!
    I'll go with the stillettos. You can have a lot more fun in them!

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave AHFB View Post
    Hope New Balance wins.

Similar story here. Which is why this whole claim they made is mind boggling. They're probably one of the most respected athletic shoe manufacturers out there: they didn't need this 'fluff' claim. Their products speak for themselves. You find this sort of advertising with inferior products who need some bogus claim in order to boost sales.

I bet some PR person at NB is looking for a job about now.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.