Lawsuit regarding New Balance "toning shoe"

believe09

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110104/us_nm/us_shoes_lawsuit

Oh I have been waiting for this one...watch everyone start pulling their versions....

"The lawsuit was filed on behalf of plaintiff Bistra Pashamova and others like her who say they have been misled or harmed by the sneakers. Plaintiffs are seeking class action certification and more than $5 million in compensation."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110104/us_nm/us_shoes_lawsuit

Oh I have been waiting for this one...watch everyone start pulling their versions....

"The lawsuit was filed on behalf of plaintiff Bistra Pashamova and others like her who say they have been misled or harmed by the sneakers. Plaintiffs are seeking class action certification and more than $5 million in compensation."

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life!:snooty:

Which part-the claims of the company or the lawsuit itself? I have watched companies like Sketchers on home shopping channels making the same claims...I wish them all well. I did read a study by orthopoedic physicians that indicated the shoes can be harmful to knees, hips and ankles because of stability-but then again so can stillettos!!

I meant the lawsuit but now that you bring it up, the claims of the shoes also.
All you have to do is exercise and eat well and you will lose the weight and tone. I would never pay money for a pair of those shoes.
You are right about stilettos, I always feel terrible after a night out wearing them, but I would never sue!!
It just blows my mind that someone would actually sue over this.

ETA: I apologize for not coming up with a better conversation on this!

No need to apologize-I thought I knew what you meant, lol. Yes, the whole thing is ridiculous and they will obtain class action status and the companies will settle it with them for millions because millions of shoes have been sold at 100.00 a pop.

I will say, it might be worth watching because I could see people obtaining class action status for skin cream and man that would be a mess!

I could definitely see a suit against skin creams. Especially the anti-aging creams! You are right, that would be a HUGE mess.
I just know I would personally be embarrassed to ever sue over something so silly.

No need to apologize-I thought I knew what you meant, lol. Yes, the whole thing is ridiculous and they will obtain class action status and the companies will settle it with them for millions because millions of shoes have been sold at 100.00 a pop.

I will say, it might be worth watching because I could see people obtaining class action status for skin creme and man that would be a mess!

Yes let's wait and see what happens....Was having convo with my DD yesterday about how I bought this Lip Plumper Lip Gloss very expensive, Did Not plump my lips at all, not one iota ! DD informed me my "Ageless" makeup wasn't working either:eek:

Hope New Balance wins.

After buying my first pair a few years ago, I will never buy anything else. Due too a back deformity/injury my standing/working hours for years was down to 2 - 4 hours a day. After a few days on New Balance I increased that by about 50%.

I usually wait for the new season shoes to come out and buy last years at closeout for about $30 or $40 ;)

Hope New Balance wins.

After buying my first pair a few years ago, I will never buy anything else. Due too a back deformity/injury my standing/working hours for years was down to 2 - 4 hours a day. After a few days on New Balance I increased that by about 50%.

I usually wait for the new season shoes to come out and buy last years at closeout for about $30 or $40 ;)

I bet they would pay you for that opinion!!!! :)

Yes let's wait and see what happens....Was having convo with my DD yesterday about how I bought this Lip Plumper Lip Gloss very expensive, Did Not plump my lips at all, not one iota ! DD informed me my "Ageless" makeup wasn't working either:eek:

Oh My Goodness, that made me laugh..that is harsh. My six year old refers to me as the young-old lady because I am not as old as his grandmother but not as young as his teachers. Hmmph. JK

Yeah, I have had a beef with the whole skin cream market for years-they make medical claims but cannot be pursued because they are "cosmetics." And cosmetics cannot be pursued because they are basically entertainment. Sheesh.

When does he get the stitches out? lol

Which part-the claims of the company or the lawsuit itself? I have watched companies like Sketchers on home shopping channels making the same claims...I wish them all well. I did read a study by orthopoedic physicians that indicated the shoes can be harmful to knees, hips and ankles because of stability-but then again so can stillettos!!

I'll go with the stillettos. You can have a lot more fun in them!

Hope New Balance wins.

Similar story here. Which is why this whole claim they made is mind boggling. They're probably one of the most respected athletic shoe manufacturers out there: they didn't need this 'fluff' claim. Their products speak for themselves. You find this sort of advertising with inferior products who need some bogus claim in order to boost sales.

I bet some PR person at NB is looking for a job about now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back