TX - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder of Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
PLEASE THANK THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD.

THANKS!

Dear Posters,

Please refrain from posting about sleuthing innocent people and Jonathan's family members. LE has stated that MN implicated others during interrogation - however LE says they put those others under the "microscope" and they have been cleared. It is LE's position that MN acted alone.

I understand this is a horrendous crime. However, WS does not want to contribute to the horror of this story by trying to implicate innocent people, including the stepdad, roommate or other family members.
If you have questions, contact a mod and they will help you.
Thank you and thank you for your efforts on Jonathan's behalf.
Tricia

thumb.png

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123690"]Media Links[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=431"]Jonathan Foster General Discussion Threads[/ame]

Message from the Mods...
Discussing the appearance of the suspect or anyone in this case is not allowed. Do not speculate on the suspect's sex or gender. She has been named as a woman. Any discussion of sexual orientation or appearance must be related to the case - if you can't show a connection, don't post it. No Name calling - not even the accused!

Do not post something saying "I think this is the same person..." with a link. If you don't know it is the correct person, do not post it. Post only if it has to do with the case.

Social Networking: No copy and paste. Links only and paraphrase. If the page is private leave it alone, private means private, if its a minor, forget about it! No sleuthing or naming innocents. Jonathan's family members are considered victims - so post accordingly.

You are responsible for knowing our TOS and the rules. You may review them here...
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules[/ame]

If you have any questions or concerns you can always pm us, we will be happy to answer your questions! All of us Mods are listed at the bottom of the page. Thank you!

PLEASE THANK THE OPENING POST SO WE KNOW THAT YOU HAVE READ IT.

Please continue here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124203"]Thread 12[/ame]

I am just so sad at the lack of discussion, the "forgottenness" of the media and the national shows about this little boy, especially with the shocking and horrific end. Even discussion here has pretty well ended. There is so much more I want to know about MN, the crime, how she got away with it, how brazen she was ..but more i want the shows who promised not to let it go to keep their promise.

imo

I almost get the feeling that because it was not the person many had been sure it was, the SD, the interest disappeared, especially nationally

I am just so sad at the lack of discussion, the "forgottenness" of the media and the national shows about this little boy, especially with the shocking and horrific end. Even discussion here has pretty well ended. There is so much more I want to know about MN, the crime, how she got away with it, how brazen she was ..but more i want the shows who promised not to let it go to keep their promise.

imo

I almost get the feeling that because it was not the person many had been sure it was, the SD, the interest disappeared, especially nationally

BBM-
What I don't understand is that the suspect has been publicly named as a possible serial killer and the media has no interest in following even that aspect of the story.

Seems as though this story would be a big media deal for no other reason than a middle-aged female allegedly killed a non-relative 12 year old boy.

Will TX release phone records etc???
IMO, uncle and grandma will get down to business,
if DD or anyone else is involved, they will be on this.
LE must be keeping allot to the vest on this.
No media links.
I don't think this is the end of this case just yet.
We must keep Jonathan in the public eye.
JMOO

imo

I was feeling the same way, and then I realized how many other, unsolved, cases there are out there. There's only so much eye-time everyone has, and the pressing matters of other missing people should take precedence, IMO. There isn't much to talk about, with LE charging MN. Until more evidence comes out, it's speculation.

At the following site toward the bottom of the page, there are two interesting posts by sb1 (shortened here) who claims to have met MN due to a family member having had a one year relationship with her. Sb1 claims to have been very disturbed by that meeting and goes on to give her observations and impressions.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1009&start=200

quick to anger and gets physical asap...........is what I got out of it also.
and still around this ladies family members til arrest???
MN is not afraid of anyone, IMO

At the following site toward the bottom of the page, there are two interesting posts by sb1 (shortened here) who claims to have met MN due to a family member having had a one year relationship with her. Sb1 claims to have been very disturbed by that meeting and goes on to give observations and impressions.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1009&start=200

at the bottom of the page someone gives a link to a radio show with an interview with Quannell X. I'm listening now but so far the radio guy is just going on about the President
ETA: this guy is getting on my nerves. Can't guarantee I'm gonna make it thru to the actual interview

Well, I made it thru to the interview with Quannell X. Interview aired Jan 3. (Just a warning, you need to listen to about 30 minutes of nonsense until it starts. But once the interview started the radio personality DID act professional, which surprised me.) You cannot rewind, pause or anything so I tried taking notes as I listened.
Recap of what was said:
-Quannell said he is not a spokeperson for Mona nor is he involved with her case. She had called to speak with him. (I'm confused on this part. It sounded like he was saying she had called him prior to his arrest, but he did not actually speak to her until after her arrest. He saw the arrest on the news and went to where she was being held)
-The Mona he met did not appear as a monster. He has spoken to people from Mount Pleasant and they claim she is not the monster LE has described also.
-There are facts on this case that LE have not released yet.
-Evidence of physical abuse in the home by DD (referred to as SD in interview but I said I wasn't gonna do that anymore) LE is aware of this and even questioned Mona on what she knew about it.
-Mona had a relationship with everyone in the house, including AD and DD. They would all party together. Drugs, drinking. a lot of meth was used. Drugs and drinking were done in front of Jonathan. Sometimes they would all go out riding around for drugs and other times drug dealers would bring it to the house. Mona admits freely that she was involved in all the drug use. is not denying any of that
-there were serious issues in that house with the family and they still will come out.
-Mona is involved in some of this but not the actual murder. LE believes this also but is hoping Mona will name the killer. (his words, not mine)
-Homicide knows DD has a history of abusing this child but has not announced it yet. They also believe that DD felt this child was in the way.
-burnt carpet brought up. Mona said landlord knew (which we know at this point the media has said the landlord denied) and visitors to her residence have seen it also.
-saying Mona spent Christmas with family who saw nothing that makes them believe she was involved.

I may have missed a few things, but that is the basic interview. Just posting for those of you who may have been interested. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Lynnb, thank you so much for the list of notes from the interview. Much of it was what I expected to hear from MN.
What actually is true, and what LE comes forward with, will be interesting. I think LE may say that, while the accusations of drugs, abuse, etc, are true, that MN is still the person who killed JF. IMO.

Ok, I haven't followed MN's history that closely, but... How long has it been since she's done any boxing? They check boxers for drugs - and drug habits at the level she's suggesting don't usually develop overnight.

I don't buy what she's selling.

The last I can find mention of her boxing was in 2007.

Mona%20Nelson%202.jpg

MOO

This to me looks like a fresh haze on her face from using the welding torch. She had a mask on. It is just as if you were in intense heat, your face would appear to be tanned with a little redness.

Easier to use link for the Quanell X interview with Michael Berry.

Go here:
http://www.ktrh.com/mediaplayer/?st...mand&item=20758515&feed_name=michaelberry.xml

Click the link on the right for 1/03 6pm to 7pm

Use the slider to go to the 20 minute mark. There's some music and Michael does an intro, then the interview starts at about 20:22.

You can skip the nonsense for the first 20 minutes, and go right to the interview. You can pause and replay parts you want to re-listen to.

I have no idea if re-listen is a word. :)

ETA: My notes

Not Mona's spokesperson. Mona wanted to speak with him and tell him what was going on. That was before arrest. After arrest he went to the jail and met with her for over an hour.

Did not appear soulless or a monster.

Additional facts the homicide investigators haven't released.

Mona said over and over LE asked her repeatedly about the stepdad and if she was covering up for him.

Mona said there were issues of physical abuse in the home.

Mona's had relationship with stepdad. Also relationship with mother, roomie, and Jonathan. Drug and alcohol use among all. A lot of Meth. Drink beer. Smoke pot. In presence of Jonathan.

Would all ride around together and cop drugs from drug spots. Mona said she was involved with all the drug use. Drug dealer would come to the home and deliver drugs there.

Other people Q spoke to supported drug use.

Stepdad gave Mona a "container, bag, etc" to dump for $20. Mona had no idea Jonathan's body was in it.

Friends have been to home and seen burned rug. Talk to landlord and he will tell you about the rug.

Same jovial and kind person as always to people who saw her on Christmas day.

Doesn't believe Mona had a motive to kill Jonathan, but believes Mona involved in some of it, skeptical that Mona actually killed him.

He thinks LE is hoping Mona will cooperate and give them info.

Saying she's soulless and monster taints the jury pool.

This is totally unlike her character whatsoever.

It was a bag she disposed of. She did not know a child's body was in the bag.

Abuse of Jonathan by the stepdad. Felt he was in the way.

Q is NOT certain she didn't kill Jonathan, but he IS certain others were involved.

Her mug shot this is what I see: She had her baseball cap on backwards, a mask covering her mouth and probably her sunglasses on.

then again we've seen her with the sunglasses on and the cap backwards when they first picked her up so if she always wears those outdoors she would have tan lines like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46